Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

THE CLUB COULD LEARN A LOT FROM OUR DEMONSTRATIONS

Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:29 pm

or THE TRUST
Especially Our Scarfs and Flags.

The Riverside Scarfs have Sold Over 750 in just 2 Home Games.

Imagine if the Club did the Top as the away kit Next season, I Believe the Knock on effect would lead to Massive Sales of Everything to do with Riverside FC, Just an idea.

THE PROB IS SAM and RIDSDALE Dont want to include Our History, they just wanted themselves to be known as Cardiff City.

Re: THE CLUB COULD LEARN A LOT FROM OUR DEMONSTRATIONS

Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:31 pm

Forever Blue wrote:or THE TRUST
Especially Our Scarfs and Flags.

The Riverside Scarfs have Sold Over 750 in just 2 Home Games.

Imagine if the Club did the Top as the away kit Next season, I Believe the Knock on effect would lead to Massive Sales of Everything to do with Riverside FC, Just an idea.

THE PROB IS SAM and RIDSDALE Dont want to include Our History, they just wanted themselves to be known as Cardiff City.

i think you are spot on there annis.

Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:33 pm

One for Steve Borley me thinks :D

Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:38 pm

I was thinking about the away shirt last night, thinking there could be a demand for the riverside colours.
But then again, when have the club ever listened to the fans when it comes to shirt design :lol:

Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:40 pm

Even when PR asked the fans to vote on a home kit they still couldnt get it right :lol: What hope did we have

Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:42 pm

You can buy the old Riverside shirts the club shop used to sell them. Bet they dont now :lol: Or how about kitbag .com will have a look now :D

Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:52 pm

Not a computer geek so don't know how to paste a link in but here's a web site that sells Riverside tops at £37.99
www.toffs.com/invt/1060 That will take you to the correct page. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:59 pm

lets be honest here

the marketing of this club is RUBBISH !!!!!!!!!

Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:02 pm

As much as i like the scarfs the replica shirts look like rugby tops.

Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:49 pm

Sludge wrote:lets be honest here

the marketing of this club is RUBBISH !!!!!!!!!

This is one of many issues I put to the Malaysians back in November - The tax issue being number one, sheit marketing was another, lets be kind here and say an up and down relationship with the press from both Manager and Chairman was another, Little Hitlers Stewards was another and a few more issues besides and I am sure they are aware of them all and once on board fully everything will be sorted.

Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:40 pm

the scarf is very nice and the colors stand out well, but as rhooster has pointed out the tops look more like rugby tops than footy shirts.
now if cardiff made a modern kit from the colors, and made it a limited edition in recognition of riverside f.c and the history associated with it, then i think it would be a real money spinner .

also while i'm here, i can never understand why people like sam and ridsdale want to forget the clubs roots, when it could be so lucrative ;)

Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:02 pm

I agree the club are rubbish at all this etc etc

But in reality how many Riverside scarf's would the club shop sell if it wasnt about the protest? I would guess very few if any and same with the tops. I think the sales are totally to do with the protest and lets be honest the club wouldnt be seen to be backing the protest by selling them.

Thing need to be improved 100% though I totally agree

Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:20 pm

a steward asked where i got my scarf from, he said he wanted one but said he couldnt wear it coz he would probably get the sack :lol:

Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:43 pm

I mentioned the away shirt for nxt season to be based on Riverside colours on here the other night , we all remember the Man U away shirt of yellow and green a few years ago and that looked ok ! :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:50 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I agree the club are rubbish at all this etc etc

But in reality how many Riverside scarf's would the club shop sell if it wasn't about the protest? I would guess very few if any and same with the tops. I think the sales are totally to do with the protest and lets be honest the club wouldnt be seen to be backing the protest by selling them.

Thing need to be improved 100% though I totally agree

I think this has opened peoples eyes to our history which is a good thing and now are showing an interest to how it all began. This wouldn't of happened had it not been for the protest but now i think will turn into a big marketing opportunity. This club and our supporters need to go back to basics an understanding of CCFC because we have lost a lot of heart. We need to get that passion back because our history is what makes this club what it is today. We were one of the most passionate supporters around and we lost that but now im getting that feeling we are getting that back. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:21 pm

I think this has opened peoples eyes to our history which is a good thing and now are showing an interest to how it all began. This wouldn't of happened had it not been for the protest but now i think will turn into a big marketing opportunity. This club and our supporters need to go back to basics an understanding of CCFC because we have lost a lot of heart. We need to get that passion back because our history is what makes this club what it is today. We were one of the most passionate supporters around and we lost that but now im getting that feeling we are getting that back.

I agree with the though but still not sure of it would work more than any other top.
I think a certain percentage buy the top no matter what, another percentage if they like it and another percentage if it goes well with jeans (that last one is no joke lol)

In my opinion they would sell more of a nice black and yellow kit that was so popular in recent years.
Im not agianst the riverside colours but I really think if this takeover happens we need to be looking forward, the passion isnt in the colour of the tops but the person.

Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:40 am

i am all for the riverside awy kit, but with our current tyrants there ?????????????????

i am sure a modern shirt could be made by someone clever on here :D