Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Pompey in the 80's and on The Grange End

Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:33 pm

Eddie May wrote:If you have the patience wait until 2.58 Cardiff are featured - the atmosphere must have been electric, unlikely in the away end these days. Forget the fighting I'm talking about atmosphere here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uWxVMrd ... ture=relat ed

Pompey in my opinion are very similar to us in all departments.

Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:40 pm

they got a bit of a shock that day in the grandstand

Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:23 pm

Sludge wrote:they got a bit of a shock that day in the grandstand

I had a shock in the grandstand that day. I went in there with my dad as an innocent 11 year old. I'll never forget the huge queue of lads (late teens early 20s) waiting to get in the juvenille turnstiles. The adult turnstyle was empty so my old man asked if i could go through the lads-they literally carried me down to the front.

We got into the ground and an old lady said to my dad-dont take him in there there's fighting everywhere and seats and bottles are being thrown. We got to the top of the steps to see a lad being nicked-4 coppers on him with another putting the boot in. We got to our seats (Block B) and i remember watching partly in fear and partly enjoying the shenannigans. The game was totally dire.

My first real hooligan memory at NP. Followed by Chelsea in the 3 all draw.

Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:38 pm

the audio tracks been disabled

Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:01 pm

I rember it well, on the grandstand it was a nice day but umbrellas were everywere, must have been for shade :D

Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:43 pm

It was a good day,fair play to them no one else ever did that,cant wait to go down there next season,allways have a good day playing pompey.