Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Fao Annis re Club Marketing

Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:20 pm

Annis when /If the Malaysians takeover do you know if there will be a revamp of the Marketing department/ Customer Services at the Club.
:ayatollah:

Re: Fao Annis re Club Marketing

Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:24 pm

lest f*cking hope so , it shite

to be fair we were told by alan flitcroft at a trust meeting( which annis was at ) we had a next to nothing budget for marketing

shocking really

Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:29 pm

Yeah, well, hopefully when Ridsdale goes our marketing budget i.e. his pay packet will be freed up again. The thing is, it only takes some creativity, not a lot of money to carry out effective marketing.

Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:53 pm

undybluebird wrote:Annis when /If the Malaysians takeover do you know if there will be a revamp of the Marketing department/ Customer Services at the Club.

I have heard there will be Major Clear out of All Depts.

Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:04 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
undybluebird wrote:Annis when /If the Malaysians takeover do you know if there will be a revamp of the Marketing department/ Customer Services at the Club.

I actually believe that any new potential investor will see the pathetic way in which the club`s marketing and commercial activities have been run as an opportunity.Not just for cost savings by getting rid of "dead wood"but in potential sources of extra income.

Even Stevie Wonder could see that there have been so many missed opportunities to make substantial extra money for the club. The Premier Club scheme, if run and priced properly , could make a fortune. Matchday advertising could be far better-how many of the pitchside boards are either sponsors provided by the League or are for firms who are owed money and have taken advertising space (or corporate boxes)instead?

We have a current average crowd of 20K. So potentially (allowing for away areas and segregation) there is potential for at least 5k more each and every game if the club is promoted properly through the media , business clubs etc.

Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:29 pm

since62 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I actually believe that any new potential investor will see the pathetic way in which the club`s marketing and commercial activities have been run as an opportunity.Not just for cost savings by getting rid of "dead wood"but in potential sources of extra income.

Even Stevie Wonder could see that there have been so many missed opportunities to make substantial extra money for the club. The Premier Club scheme, if run and priced properly , could make a fortune. Matchday advertising could be far better-how many of the pitchside boards are either sponsors provided by the League or are for firms who are owed money and have taken advertising space (or corporate boxes)instead?

We have a current average crowd of 20K. So potentially (allowing for away areas and segregation) there is potential for at least 5k more each and every game if the club is promoted properly through the media , business clubs etc.

Totally agree Keith, The whole lot have to go .

Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:36 pm

be interesting to see how it unfolds!!!