Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

PLAYERS WAGES

Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:08 pm

Not sure if anyones already posted something about this, the players wages are due the beginning of next week, does anyone know if they will be paid? I assume someone would know something by now either way? Will the malaysians pay them?

Re: PLAYERS WAGES

Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:29 pm

I expect this month we should be able to pay-4 home games plus the jacks at start of month should bring in 25,000 paying customers on top of ST holders. 25,000 x 20 quid =£500k plus match sponsorship and a bit of money for TV game v Palace.

Add in season ticket installments from those conned by the Riddler and i would have thought that Marchs wages will be just about paid. April will be dodgy and May will get paid if we get to the play off final.....

Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:40 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:I expect this month we should be able to pay-4 home games plus the jacks at start of month should bring in 25,000 paying customers on top of ST holders. 25,000 x 20 quid =£500k plus match sponsorship and a bit of money for TV game v Palace.

Add in season ticket installments from those conned by the Riddler and i would have thought that Marchs wages will be just about paid. April will be dodgy and May will get paid if we get to the play off final.....

Yeah, might be almost there with the wages, but unable to pay the PAYE etc..

Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:06 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:I expect this month we should be able to pay-4 home games plus the jacks at start of month should bring in 25,000 paying customers on top of ST holders. 25,000 x 20 quid =£500k plus match sponsorship and a bit of money for TV game v Palace.

Yeah, might be almost there with the wages, but unable to pay the PAYE etc..

PAYE-mmm We don't normally pay that anyway!

Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:29 pm

should be intresting as from 5 april the players will be taxed at 50% instead of 40% .lets just hope deals with agents were'nt done on a take home figure with the club having to make up the extra tax liability.