Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Head Patting

Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:45 pm

What is it all about when you all start patting your head? random question i know but its been bothering me since 94!!

its something the filth (leeds) do when they play us singing my heads on fire blah blah

Good Luck with going up

R&R to Annis, well respected by some of our older lot

Re: Head Patting

Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:46 pm

cant say,its a secret

Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:47 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:48 pm

Bradford lad wrote:What is it all about when you all start patting your head? random question i know but its been bothering me since 94!!

its something the filth (leeds) do when they play us singing my heads on fire blah blah

Good Luck with going up

Leeds are a horrible club-i met some bradford fans on holiday just after the fire. Nice lot. Bloody tragic-typical Leeds though taking the piss.

Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:49 pm

Bradford lad wrote:What is it all about when you all start patting your head? random question i know but its been bothering me since 94!!

Good Luck with going up

As said it is a secert but if you join the CCFC Trust Sludge would let you in on what it is ;)

PS It has nothing to do with Bradford and that awful fire, typical Leeds that wankers

Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:51 pm

i'll make a start, lads your bad men nothing to do with bradford at all mate

some say it is came from the ayatohllas funral where the morners banged their head sin sorrow.
others will tell you it was started by fans and a brother of a cetain old cardiff band and the movement grew on the terrace to show our sorrow in the state of play

Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:54 pm

Knew it was nothing to do with Bradford, something ive always remembered you doing on that last game of the season early to mid 90's

Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:56 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ayatol ... elebration)

there you go mate

lead singer of u thant the band in question now runs the local 5 aside centre across the road from our club with his brother

U Thant -Cardiff based madcap punk band of the late 1980’s, feat; Iwan Pryce (gtr), Owen Powell (later of Crumblowers, Catatonia), Huw Bunford (b.15.9.67) (later Super Furry Animals), Guto Pryce (b.4.9.72) (bass) (later SFA). Debut EP Bugeilio. Voted most popular Welsh band 1988.
Last edited by The Premier 1 on Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:57 pm

secrets out now

Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:01 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:i'll make a start, lads your bad men nothing to do with bradford at all mate

some say it is came from the ayatohllas funral where the morners banged their head sin sorrow.
others will tell you it was started by fans and a brother of a cetain old cardiff band and the movement grew on the terrace to show our sorrow in the state of play

There is another lesser known theory that it dates from our game against Sunderland in 1980. The second rate Gordie's brought 10000 fans to Ninian for a huge promotion game and were stunned by how much they had to pay to cross the severn bridge.

Many complained in that weird accent of their's that they had paid a 'higher tollha' and started banging their heads with their hands.

Cardiff fans thought it hillarious and the rest as they say is history :geek:

Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:04 pm

wiki link says 1990 ?????????????????????????????????

thought it was earlier than that though

Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:07 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:wiki link says 1990 ?????????????????????????????????

Come on you don't really think I was being serious? :lol:

Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:10 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

no, if you clic on the wiki link about it the quote on there states lincoln sept 1990

Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:32 pm

Trying to find the video of the city fans during the cup run explaining it etc

Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:11 pm

Cheers Lads, a weight has been lifted off my head after 16 years!

Risdale still with you? looking at your other posts, a few thought he was at Bradford he's never had out to do with us, though he did miracles at the filth

Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:39 am

The Premier 1 wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:

no, if you clic on the wiki link about it the quote on there states lincoln sept 1990

CORRECT it was lincoln away 1990 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:40 am

Good Luck with going up

Cheers, I enjoyed living up there, made a lot of Friends, some great times :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:41 pm

I lived in bradford

lived in heaton and oak lane

worked in westgate , by lumb lane

never had any trouble up there, decent people

I hate leeds and most of bradford did too

Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:02 pm

The day the Ayatollah was born. :ayatollah:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:55 pm

i was looking for the video about the origins on bbc but came accross this instead brings bak some good memories

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 401307.stm
:ayatollah:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 405620.stm

the origins video ^^

Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:40 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:The day the Ayatollah was born. :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: