Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

New ground

Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:28 pm

It was 26 years since i was last at Cardiff. I watched the game between Cardiff and Carlisle in 1983, old div 1, score 2-0 and the gate was about 5,000. Sad to see the old ground being demolished. The few Cardiff fans i spoke to had little positive words to say about the new ground.

I am a traditionalist and find new grounds devoid of any real character or individuality. The new ground did not do justice to the passion of the supporters. The singers used to all get together but now they are all over the place and its hard to get a good atmosphere going at times. I live in Newcastle and even they with 50,000 find it hard to get the atmosphere going. By the way if your are going up in Feb take a pair of binoculars to watch the game. Its like watching subutteo football where they will put you.

That for me keeps up todate a trip for a match at every game in England, Scotland and the Conference Nationwide. Best wishes to Barry and Annis who i spoke to before the match against Preston. Thanks also to the bloke on the souvenir stand who gave me a Cardiff City beanie hat!

By the way i do not support the Toon. I watch Blyth Spartans (Conf North). Good old proper English football.

All the best for the season. If you do come up, stay in Newcastle. it is a cracking night out with loads of 'Tottie' (birds).

Good luck in your push for the Premiership.
Best wishes, Malcolm.

Re: New ground

Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:38 pm

Do you not mean the old division 2?

Personally, I quite like our new ground. It's not Ninian, but not many places are, but we still need time to 'bed in' and the club will hopefully learn some lessons from this season as far as generating an atmosphere and maybe listen to what the fans think, although maybe I am wishing for too much :lol:

Re: New ground

Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:11 pm

yes, you are right, old division two, (now the championship).