Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Spoke to Duncan McKenzie last night about pinocchio

Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:50 am

he did,nt have any nice things to say about him !!!!!!!!! surprised NO :ayatollah:

Re: Spoke to Duncan McKenzie last night about pinocchio

Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:53 am

U on about the Ex Leeds United player?

Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:56 am

yes Leeds, Everton, Forest etc :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:00 pm

blueboys wrote:yes Leeds, Everton, Forest etc :ayatollah:

Fantastic player in his day, he could make a ball talk. Now your bringing back memores. Tony Currie, Stan Bowles, Duncan McKenzie, Rodney Marsh, Georgie best - f**k me I was lucky when I was a kid to get to see all those fantastic players and more. Anyway what did he have to say about the silver haired c**t? :lol:

Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:05 pm

Your right he was a brilliant player, he even remembered turning Albert Lamore inside out for Everton,s winner at Ninian Park when we played them in the FA Cup 5th round all those years ago......... !!!
He said he was an untrustworthy tw*t and if he ever sets foot in Leeds again he did,nt think he would get back out. :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:06 pm

ihatealiens wrote:
blueboys wrote:yes Leeds, Everton, Forest etc :ayatollah:

Fantastic player in his day, he could make a ball talk. Now your bringing back memores. Tony Currie, Stan Bowles, Duncan McKenzie, Rodney Marsh, Georgie best - f**k me I was lucky when I was a kid to get to see all those fantastic players and more. Anyway what did he have to say about the silver haired c**t? :lol:

Remember Best, Marsh and Frank (Iforgot his name) playing for Fulham against us. The 3 of them just took the piss, great days

Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:10 pm

Bobby Charlton, Frannie Lee, Ralph Coates, Dennis Law, Kenny Dalglish, Jimmy Greaves awww the f*cking list is endless of all the great players I saw as a youngster. Anybody from my era will tell you there were some damn skillfull players around in them days and all British and they didnt mind a hard tackle or two either. You could stand on the terraces or more like squeeze onto the terraces and scream yer nuts off and trhe stewards would sing with yer - those were the days - cup winners cup night pissed as a parrot down Ninian Park on a wednesday night - oh the f*cking memories. If I had my life over again I would want to come back in that exact same era - fantastic.

Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:14 pm

the only brilliant player i can remember that started with Frank was Frank( Elvis ) Worthington, brilliant player but dont think he played for Fulham, but i do remember the match you are talking about, Bobby Moore also played for Fulham that day as i think did Alan Mullery !!!

Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:17 pm

blueboys wrote:the only brilliant player i can remember that started with Frank was Frank( Elvis ) Worthington, brilliant player but dont think he played for Fulham, but i do remember the match you are talking about, Bobby Moore also played for Fulham that day as i think did Alan Mullery !!!

Nah I dont think he ever played for Fulham but yet another great name to remember, another fantastic player.

Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:19 pm

yes i remember them all, i made my debut down the Nin in 1967 as an 8 year old, great era the late 60s 70, and 80s especially !!! :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:21 pm

blueboys wrote:the only brilliant player i can remember that started with Frank was Frank( Elvis ) Worthington, brilliant player but dont think he played for Fulham, but i do remember the match you are talking about, Bobby Moore also played for Fulham that day as i think did Alan Mullery !!!

Yes your right, they didnt need anyone else in team............... Awsome

Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:23 pm

This thread is taking me back.

Frank Worthington played for Leicester.

Alan Duggan of Wolves is worth a mention here.

Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:48 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:This thread is taking me back.

Frank Worthington played for Leicester.

Alan Duggan of Wolves is worth a mention here.

Peter Osgood, Derek Dougan , Peter Houseman, Alan Hudson, Eddie Gray, Terry Cooper, Peter Lorimer, Johny Giles, Steve Heighway, Peter McCormack, Kevin Keegan, Ian Callaghan, Roger Hunt, Mike Sumerbee, Colin Bell, Charlie George, Liam brady. They flow off the tongue all these names, never ending. I am gonna sit down one night and compile a video of all the best moments would make fantastic viewing. These are just the skillfull ones. Then you could make a list just as big of some hard bastards defence and midfield, then theres all the great goalkeepers, what an era of football men of my age have lived through its been wonderful.

Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:09 pm

blueboys wrote:Your right he was a brilliant player, he even remembered turning Albert Lamore inside out for Everton,s winner at Ninian Park when we played them in the FA Cup 5th round all those years ago......... !!!
He said he was an untrustworthy tw*t and if he ever sets foot in Leeds again he did,nt think he would get back out. :ayatollah:

From where I was it was a definite foul on Lamour.