Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MARSHALL

Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:28 am

What do you all think of him ?

I reckon he has been outstanding in the last 5 games, some of his saves have won the games as much as the players who have scored the winners. ARE YOU WATCHING SCOTLAND .

Re: MARSHALL

Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:32 am

best keeper for ages, much better than alexander, better reaction , i really like him

all keepers are dodgey in the air, he doesn't seem that bad, but no im impressed with him :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:49 am

A good goalkeeper guarantees you at least 6 points season. A great goalkeeper 10 points. Marshall is definitely in the great category and is worth ten points a season on his own - he has been fantastic. He's a class keeper. Let's be fair he hasn't even had a settled back four in front of him this season has he - for me he oozes class.

Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:00 am

massive presence commanding re assuring superb keeper one of our very best

Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:12 am

I think having Marshall between the sticks breathes confidence into our back four, which is something that was missing when Enckleman plays, or last year Heaton and Konstantopolous. We've been playing with a unsettled back line all season, and last night we had three full backs and a left winger at the back. But those players weren't dhaky as they have been in seasons past because of Marshall. He commands his area well and although he has been prone to drop a catch or two, he is the best keeper I've seen at the club. (I was going to say since Gavin Ward, but Marshall is a class above).

I think the only problem Marshall will have regarding Scotland is that Craig Gordon is in a rich vein of form at Sunderland too.

Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:11 am

He has been superb and well worth the money we spent on him. He does drop some crosses but mainly because he comes for more crosses than most keepers do.

I just hope he's settled with us because he is one who will attract a lot of interest in the summer.

Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:25 am

I agree he's the best keeper we have had for a good few seasons, but getting a bit concerned that in the last couple of games the opposition seem to put a player right on his toes which he is obviously not comfortable with and seem to flap resulting in a goal, happened Satuarday and again last night. :o. But there again if he was perfect he'd be in the prem , look at Turnbull at Chelsea :lol:

Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:28 am

bluebird41 wrote:I agree he's the best keeper we have had for a good few seasons, but getting a bit concerned that in the last couple of games the opposition seem to put a player right on his toes which he is obviously not comfortable with and seem to flap resulting in a goal, happened Satuarday and again last night. :o. But there again if he was perfect he'd be in the prem , look at Turnbull at Chelsea :lol:

yer your right, they seem to mark him, keepers hate it, if im pissed off i tend to hold my face then fall to the floor :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:16 am

He's a quality keeper. I couldn't understand people moaning when we signed him. He's been a great Championship keeper for years now and is ready for the Premiership. Quality keepers are hard to find so it's re-assuring to know we have one with us.

Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:50 am

Best keeper we have had since ron healy he is top quality :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:42 am

U gotta face facts hes not as good as konstantopilis :lol: :lol:

Marshalls class

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7Yz6mChHxc

Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:45 am

Bit of concern about these corners but with Jay back that might now disappear.

As for the rest I can't fault the guy I mean he even kept his worst performance for the Scotland vs Wales game :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:53 am

Quality keeper, the best I have seen at City

Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:17 pm

Quality shot stopper, acts as if he's stuck in cement at times though. Very rarely comes off his line.
He is awesome though, not everyone's perfect :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:14 pm

Great shot stopper, good kicker (unusual for us) and although not the best at coming off his line he does usually get a fist to most crosses. Excellent keeper in this division and I have no doubt he could play in the prem.

Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:15 pm

He's made a few cracking saves lately and each has been equal to a goal scored in my opinion.

Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:19 pm

Well said Annis - I think Marshall is as good a keeper as we have had in recent years and I would rate him above Neil Alexander.
In saying that, I'd say he could have done better with the goal last night, but the lack of height in the side for the last two matches hasn't helped him - I reckon we could see Jay Bothroyd at centre half against the jacks :) .

Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:43 pm

Forever Blue wrote:What do you all think of him ?

I reckon he has been outstanding in the last 5 games, some of his saves have won the games as much as the players who have scored the winners. ARE YOU WATCHING SCOTLAND .

Best Keeper we ave had for years the only other one that comes close was Kasper, pity he wasn't here a few year back we would have one the FA Cup no doubt !!!!!!!

Alexander was the most overated by miles...........

Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:48 pm

i think marshall has been great.made some world class saves and has got us out of some scrapes

Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:26 pm

I do like Marshall. But he goes through hot and cold patches.

But after watching the likes of Taylor, Dimi and Heaton last season, Marshall looks like Oliver Kahn!

He does seem very vocal, but I can't help but notice no one really listens to him on the pitch. Quite a few times you see him going for the ball, only for our defence to clear.

Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:06 pm

That could be to do with the fact he never has the same back four infront of him though.

I bet he never imagined he would have Quinn and Capaldi as CBs for any game when he signed :lol:

Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:46 am

hes no dimi :lol: