Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

QUINN at CB

Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:01 am

In my opinion he was class, never rated the guy before but last night he won everything and showed loads of passion.

Well done mate :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: QUINN at CB

Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:03 am

Agreed, he battled well at Palace too.

Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:04 am

I agree, never been a fan of his but last night he showed he can do it :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:06 am

Agreed, he was awesome last night. He had a really good game against Palace on weekend aswell at fullback.

Looks more suited to centre half though, someone who is good in the air and just gets rid when it's at his feet, similar to Gerrard.

Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:08 am

I don't think Quinn is a particularly good footballing defender, his distribution being particularly poor, but I've always said of Quinn that he doesn't shirk a in a tackle. He loves contact, he's a bit of an animal. He's fantastic in the air. I quite like him.

Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:12 am

I'd be comfortable with him starting CB on sat

Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:18 am

I have never rated Quinn, always looks a liabilty in my eyes, but that opinion changed last night i thought he was immense. :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:23 am

I always thought he was crap but the last couple of games he's looked solid

Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:45 am

Yeah, credit where it's due, I thought he was man of the match. If you watched the communication going on he was holding everything in order at the back which was very commendable considering we had to change our defence three times! I thought he showed his worth and more last night. He's too defensive for a right back but saying that, he is a better option than Matthews when we have teams coming at us. Like others have said though, he makes me feel a lot better knowing we have him as a centre back option because he was like a rock last night.

Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:15 pm

i'd like to see him there again, great vocals, he was like a captain. :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:18 pm

Thought that game he was excellent at RB as well. In fairness the two previous games he has been pretty solid as well, lets hope its a turning point

Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:30 pm

I did ask someone last night if that was the same Quinn who's been playing for us all season. Looked great last night and maybe the answer to our CB problem. Blake and Quinn?