Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: WE HAVE TO SORT THIS OUT FAST.

Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:53 pm

Forever Blue wrote: I believe We have got a TRANSFER EMBARGO ON OUR CLUB until the Next Court Case in Jan 2010 with the INLAND REVENUE, We cannot buy or sell, or loan players in until this is paid.
I get fed up of being the one with the bad news.

Copyright http://www.annisabraham.co.uk

f*cking great eh, typical b*stard City. Excuse the language but Im fucked off with the inept way the club is run, us the fans are up with joy and they still find a way of bringing us back down to earth, wankers.

Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:58 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Cheers Gabbs, I am not to worried PR will sort it out, he will be by flying concord to Malaysia lol.

That would be about right, Concorde stop flying in 2003, maybe someone should tell him :lol:

Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:01 pm

joncandy wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Cheers Gabbs, I am not to worried PR will sort it out, he will be by flying concord to Malaysia lol.

That would be about right, Concorde stop flying in 2003, maybe someone should tell him :lol:

:lol:

Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:10 pm

Joff wrote:
TNT wrote:" Especially as it looks pretty confident that the Mayalsians are ready to start delivering on their word."

That could be the underlying issue though, I hope not for you but I have my doubts.

Why the change of perspective TNT? You were very pleased for us Friday - its only one working day ago?

i agree with you there m8 he has to be a jack taking the piss, TNT are leighton james in disguise :?

Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:13 pm

beaky wrote:
Joff wrote:
TNT wrote:" Especially as it looks pretty confident that the Mayalsians are ready to start delivering on their word."

That could be the underlying issue though, I hope not for you but I have my doubts.

Why the change of perspective TNT? You were very pleased for us Friday - its only one working day ago?

i agree with you there m8 he has to be a jack taking the piss, TNT are leighton james in disguise :?

A Jack couldnt write like TNT,also a Jack would be slating and laughing at us, this poster talks a lot of sense.

Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:20 pm

did PR deny there was a transfer embargo at the muni meeting ?

if he did and the news that there is , is correct, then what the flip is going on ????

Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:22 pm

Sludge wrote:did PR deny there was a transfer embargo at the muni meeting ?

if he did and the news that there is , is correct, then what the flip is going on ????

when asked changed the question quick and said we cant buy players now any way.

Forever Blue wrote:
gabbsthenewt wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:I cant tell you who saw the paper work today, but to confirm it, if you ring the football league, they will tell you when a winding up order is put on you, you cant trade in the transfer market till it is sorted out.

But Annis I wouldn't worry about it too much. If HMRC hasn't been paid and the club is short up for cash, then it's hardly anything we haven't known for weeks or even years. This is the time of the season that they always have bills, in particular an HMRC red bill to pay. They sold Gunter to pay the HMRC 2 years ago. This time Ridsdale has 2 choices on paying it, sell Adam Matthews or get the Mayalsians to start what they always had on the cards....which has been waiting for Hammam to put pen to paper.

City always always need money at Christmas time, that's just the way and resources we have had to learn to live with right now. We pay the bills the only way a club like us in recent years could with such a small turnover figure - sell players. Now quite right of the FA to put an embargo on us to prevent the risk of us going into January, buying players, having an HMRC bill to pay, and then have no money come in. That's not a bad thing at all. It's a good thing. It's not like there is any other option Ridsdale can do to change it, so there is no point in worrying about it. - Especially as it looks pretty confident that the Mayalsians are ready to start delivering on their word.

If he is - he won't be moving very fast! the bloody things have been grounded for years now! He should try a banana boat = much quicker! :lol:

Forever Blue wrote:
Joff wrote:
TNT wrote:

A Jack couldnt write like TNT,also a Jack would be slating and laughing at us, this poster talks a lot of sense.

But Annis, this poster states his doubts, but nothing more. He may post what sound to people as sense, but his opinions are seemingly founded on nothing. He does not state what in particular his doubts are in reference to, and why, only that he feels doubful. In that regard, there is no sense to his postings.

Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:24 pm

joncandy wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:26 pm

Gabbs isnt TNT just telling us not to get carried away with all the hype and be wary.

Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:28 pm

Lets wait and see...we will know for certain within days...personally I do not believe a transfer embargo will happen,,,but that is just my opinion...hope I am right..

Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:32 pm

I thnk this whole thing is cobblers. There are thousands of businesses out there who are slow or late paying their tax. There are loads of football clubs who leave the tax man till last when paying their debts. It doesn't mean those busineses or clubs are bust. CCFC are not subject to a winding up order - they were threatened with one but entered into an arrangement with the taxman with the result they didn't pursue the winding up order. If we haven't got money to pay the taxman in January we won't have money to buy more players anyway! The point of a transfer emargo is to stop clubs getting an unfair competitive advantage by signing players that they can't afford the whole cost of (i.e. including the attached tax liabilities). The FA will watch the situation just like they watch everybody else but there's no panic at the moment.

What should be more worrying is how the club are going to meet the £833k a month repayments to Langstone if the Malayians don't invest. Does anybody think we've got that kind of spare cash floating around at the moment? Why would the club commit to that if it wasn't confident that the money would be there to meet these repayments? Where would be the advantage in it when we could wait years for the Courts to decide on Langstone's claims. I think the reality is that the Malaysian deal must be fairly certain.

Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:34 pm

I thought it was 83K not 833K

Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:38 pm

asensibleman wrote:I thnk this whole thing is cobblers. There are thousands of businesses out there who are slow or late paying their tax. There are loads of football clubs who leave the tax man till last when paying their debts. It doesn't mean those busineses or clubs are bust. CCFC are not subject to a winding up order - they were threatened with one but entered into an arrangement with the taxman with the result they didn't pursue the winding up order. If we haven't got money to pay the taxman in January we won't have money to buy more players anyway! The point of a transfer emargo is to stop clubs getting an unfair competitive advantage by signing players that they can't afford the whole cost of (i.e. including the attached tax liabilities). The FA will watch the situation just like they watch everybody else but there's no panic at the moment.

What should be more worrying is how the club are going to meet the £833k a month repayments to Langstone if the Malayians don't invest. Does anybody think we've got that kind of spare cash floating around at the moment? Why would the club commit to that if it wasn't confident that the money would be there to meet these repayments? Where would be the advantage in it when we could wait years for the Courts to decide on Langstone's claims. I think the reality is that the Malaysian deal must be fairly certain.

no one said the club is bust, but a filing order was ordered by the inland revunue, which annis right so the football league had to act, your talking cobblers.

Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:43 pm

annis you know a lot of people do you know TNT by any chance is he geniune. :?:

Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:44 pm

Joff wrote:

I simply Joff was going by what I was informed by another party and yes it may well come to fruitation. My concern always has been Peter Ridsdale though as he in business ,he jumps too quickly and believes what he thinks and talks it up prior too. Thats always been his trait I am afraid. Malaysians so far from what I read have a place on the board for circ 200k? We dont know what conditions are attached either and Ridsdale said in your meeting that a share certificate had not been issued either? That tells me its a loan more than an intial investment or shall we say deposit with intent. DD will by now been completed, Hammam signed off the reduction and still no action? For me and I dont know what but something is not a breast. The concern for you is Peter Ridsdale as he is a dream follower for sure. Ask yourself if the path was a clear path with Hammam's reduction , your Club in the position it is within on field performance dont you feel the Malay would enter quickly to ensure the benefits of position and very possible Premiership football?

Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:45 pm

asensibleman wrote:I thnk this whole thing is cobblers. There are thousands of businesses out there who are slow or late paying their tax. There are loads of football clubs who leave the tax man till last when paying their debts. It doesn't mean those busineses or clubs are bust. CCFC are not subject to a winding up order - they were threatened with one but entered into an arrangement with the taxman with the result they didn't pursue the winding up order. If we haven't got money to pay the taxman in January we won't have money to buy more players anyway! The point of a transfer emargo is to stop clubs getting an unfair competitive advantage by signing players that they can't afford the whole cost of (i.e. including the attached tax liabilities). The FA will watch the situation just like they watch everybody else but there's no panic at the moment.

Agreed. While it's neither here nor there to me whether I turn out to be right or wrong on it in the grander scheme of things...if you take the whole situation and what the setup means into account, the situation is engineered to a point where everything suggests these decisions would only be sanctioned with the absolute knowledge that the Malays are on to be involved. Pretty much the answer seems to be there if you look at it. If you think that the Malays are going to bugger off this point, then you must be of the belief, by default that Peter Ridsdale or the management of Cardiff City are currently at this moment in time, exposing CCFC to a monumental risk of being left high and dry by the dealings they have done this month. It just doesn't follow. Especially when you figure into it, that such an allegation would be saying they are not doing the right thing for the shareholders, when it is PR (among others) who stand to gain from the situation being risk free, as shareholders themselves.

Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:46 pm

TNT---excellent posts...thanks......1 question ---will the take over happen....yes/no??

Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:51 pm

beaky wrote:
Joff wrote:

Simply no. As simple as that.

Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:53 pm

TNT wrote:
Joff wrote:

I simply Joff was going by what I was informed by another party and yes it may well come to fruitation. My concern always has been Peter Ridsdale though as he in business ,he jumps too quickly and believes what he thinks and talks it up prior too. Thats always been his trait I am afraid. Malaysians so far from what I read have a place on the board for circ 200k? We dont know what conditions are attached either and Ridsdale said in your meeting that a share certificate had not been issued either? That tells me its a loan more than an intial investment or shall we say deposit with intent. DD will by now been completed, Hammam signed off the reduction and still no action? For me and I dont know what but something is not a breast. The concern for you is Peter Ridsdale as he is a dream follower for sure. Ask yourself if the path was a clear path with Hammam's reduction , your Club in the position it is within on field performance dont you feel the Malay would enter quickly to ensure the benefits of position and very possible Premiership football?
f**k me i thought you was winding us up that last post of yours made a lot of sense,im now starting to shit myself.

Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:57 pm

BigGwynram wrote:So why are the Football League watching us so closely if as PR says they have an agreement with the HMRC and everything is amicable and sorted, he made it all sound like an oversight rather than a major concern.

Basically gwyn the agreement is pay up by due date or be wound up simple as that really.
He tried to keep it quiet and as we all know now the malaysians knew nothing about it. his anger over the whole issue was a giveaway

Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:00 pm

TNT wrote:
Joff wrote:

While PR has some of the traits you talk of, he also has been sucessful in managing the club's cashflow so that bills always get paid by some eventuality. When it comes to Cardiff City and with particular relevance to the Malays, this hasn't come about overnight - and there is a far more significant matter in that Peter Ridsdale himself has an interest in things being done properly and not risking certain elements until things are pretty much signed sealed and delivered as he is a shareholder himself (along with the interests of PMG, and if you think Paul Guy is going to let his interest in CCFC be risked then you must be bonkers). The Malays have been in the picture with Keith Harris being involved in matters on a day to day basis with Ridsdale for years, even before he was appointed NED. Other investors have been told CCFC would not be for sale in previous times by both Ridsdale and Keith Harris, and that is not for no reason. Hammam/Langstone has proved the obstacle on getting particular parties from signing up for a long time now. What you're accusing Peter Ridsdale of leading the club into now, just doesn't add up.

Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:06 pm

That could be the underlying issue though, I hope not for you but I have my doubts.[/quote]

But Annis, this poster states his doubts, but nothing more. He may post what sound to people as sense, but his opinions are seemingly founded on nothing. He does not state what in particular his doubts are in reference to, and why, only that he feels doubful. In that regard, there is no sense to his postings.[/quote][/quote]

Gabbs
tell me what foundation there is to this takeover bid anyway.
we appointed dato chan to the board the other week.
where was the press conference hailing a new era in the history of cardiff city where was the talk of major investment.
I would remind people that at the muni meeting PR told people that the malaysians had invested 2 million in the club.
this now turns out to be 200k by the malaysians and 1.4 million borrowed from barclays in lieu of the television revenue coming in april.

Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:11 pm

where has this 200,000 come from? risdale said millions he didnt say a set amount the only people who know whats going on is pr and the far east investors

Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:14 pm

steve davies wrote:That could be the underlying issue though, I hope not for you but I have my doubts.

But Annis, this poster states his doubts, but nothing more. He may post what sound to people as sense, but his opinions are seemingly founded on nothing. He does not state what in particular his doubts are in reference to, and why, only that he feels doubful. In that regard, there is no sense to his postings.[/quote][/quote]

Gabbs
tell me what foundation there is to this takeover bid anyway.
we appointed dato chan to the board the other week.
where was the press conference hailing a new era in the history of cardiff city where was the talk of major investment.
I would remind people that at the muni meeting PR told people that the malaysians had invested 2 million in the club.
this now turns out to be 200k by the malaysians and 1.4 million borrowed from barclays in lieu of the television revenue coming in april.[/quote]

If you expected a press conference hailing a new era in the matter of a week or even a month or even a few months of appointing Dato Chan then you're crazy. You seem to be confusing dato chan coming on board with a full blown takeover, which hasn't happened yet, and if you think full blown takeovers of this sort can happen overnight then before you even get onto the matter of due dillegence you have all sorts of different things to handle and have satisfied. I'm not stating a takeover is complete, in saying that it's most likely that it's pretty cut and dried, but what I am saying is it's pretty unbelievable given elements of the situation that the deal is not pretty cut and dried in terms of certainity. Certainity of something happening in the future is not saying it has happened, these are two seperate points.

At the same time you seem to believe that Peter Ridsdale is exposing himself to the risk of losing all his investment in CCFC to become valueless, along with Paul Guy allowing his monies which are invested in CCFC going the same valueless route. You also seem to think Keith Harris, the worlds leading expert on football buyouts overseeing the collapse of the eventual Malaysian deal, making Seymour Pierce's shareholding also worthless.

Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:20 pm

While PR has some of the traits you talk of, he also has been sucessful in managing the club's cashflow so that bills always get paid by some eventuality. When it comes to Cardiff City and with particular relevance to the Malays, this hasn't come about overnight - and there is a far more significant matter in that Peter Ridsdale himself has an interest in things being done properly and not risking certain elements until things are pretty much signed sealed and delivered as he is a shareholder himself (along with the interests of PMG, and if you think Paul Guy is going to let his interest in CCFC be risked then you must be bonkers). The Malays have been in the picture with Keith Harris being involved in matters on a day to day basis with Ridsdale for years, even before he was appointed NED. Other investors have been told CCFC would not be for sale in previous times by both Ridsdale and Keith Harris, and that is not for no reason. Hammam/Langstone has proved the obstacle on getting particular parties from signing up for a long time now. What you're accusing Peter Ridsdale of leading the club into now, just doesn't add up.
gabbsthenewt

So Gabs are you saying these Malaysian investors have been there for years, that means all the talk about his son having a trial and the Link with arranged by the business contacts made thru the Dragons Den diesel pump man was a fabrication.

Also if the Malaysians are in so much contact, even though they said they were unaware of our tax problems, really they new all about it, my God the plot thickens daily, and finally were the Malaysians aware of this new London investor showing an interest.
Also I'm sure all the creditors will be reassured that PR is managing the club's cash flow, I wonder if they all be there now tomorrow asking for their money, because by all accounts many have spent months trying to get paid allegedly, it's good to hear things aren't as bad as we been led to believe.

Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:25 pm

Back of the Net wrote:I thought it was 83K not 833K

Yes its £83k only.

One star player's wages.

Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:28 pm

Forever Blue wrote: I believe We have got a TRANSFER EMBARGO ON OUR CLUB until the Next Court Case in Jan 2010 with the INLAND REVENUE, We cannot buy or sell, or loan players in until this is paid.
I get fed up of being the one with the bad news.

Copyright http://www.annisabraham.co.uk

We cannot buy or sell players until the transfer window opens. FACTAMUNDO

Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:28 pm

BigGwynram wrote:While PR has some of the traits you talk of, he also has been sucessful in managing the club's cashflow so that bills always get paid by some eventuality. When it comes to Cardiff City and with particular relevance to the Malays, this hasn't come about overnight - and there is a far more significant matter in that Peter Ridsdale himself has an interest in things being done properly and not risking certain elements until things are pretty much signed sealed and delivered as he is a shareholder himself (along with the interests of PMG, and if you think Paul Guy is going to let his interest in CCFC be risked then you must be bonkers). The Malays have been in the picture with Keith Harris being involved in matters on a day to day basis with Ridsdale for years, even before he was appointed NED. Other investors have been told CCFC would not be for sale in previous times by both Ridsdale and Keith Harris, and that is not for no reason. Hammam/Langstone has proved the obstacle on getting particular parties from signing up for a long time now. What you're accusing Peter Ridsdale of leading the club into now, just doesn't add up.
gabbsthenewt

So Gabs are you saying these Malaysian investors have been there for years, that means all the talk about his son having a trial and the Link with arranged by the business contacts made thru the Dragons Den diesel pump man was a fabrication.

Also if the Malaysians are in so much contact, even though they said they were unaware of our tax problems, really they new all about it, my God the plot thickens daily, and finally were the Malaysians aware of this new London investor showing an interest.
Also I'm sure all the creditors will be reassured that PR is managing the club's cash flow, I wonder if they all be there now tomorrow asking for their money, because by all accounts many have spent months trying to get paid allegedly, it's good to hear things aren't as bad as we been led to believe.

Yep gabbs i must be crazy expecting someone who has just joined the board of directors to give a press conference outling why he chose to join the board at this time and what his future plans are.
Also i expected our chairman to also tell us why they invited dato to join the board and what the intentions were.
i mean we are not talking about a guy who is shy of publicity and blowing his own trumpet.
if this was only a small part of a major coup im sure he would be shouting it from the rooftops