Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: WE HAVE TO SORT THIS OUT FAST.

Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:33 pm

BigGwynram wrote:While PR has some of the traits you talk of, he also has been sucessful in managing the club's cashflow so that bills always get paid by some eventuality. When it comes to Cardiff City and with particular relevance to the Malays, this hasn't come about overnight - and there is a far more significant matter in that Peter Ridsdale himself has an interest in things being done properly and not risking certain elements until things are pretty much signed sealed and delivered as he is a shareholder himself (along with the interests of PMG, and if you think Paul Guy is going to let his interest in CCFC be risked then you must be bonkers). The Malays have been in the picture with Keith Harris being involved in matters on a day to day basis with Ridsdale for years, even before he was appointed NED. Other investors have been told CCFC would not be for sale in previous times by both Ridsdale and Keith Harris, and that is not for no reason. Hammam/Langstone has proved the obstacle on getting particular parties from signing up for a long time now. What you're accusing Peter Ridsdale of leading the club into now, just doesn't add up.
gabbsthenewt

So Gabs are you saying these Malaysian investors have been there for years, that means all the talk about his son having a trial and the Link with arranged by the business contacts made thru the Dragons Den diesel pump man was a fabrication.

Also if the Malaysians are in so much contact, even though they said they were unaware of our tax problems, really they new all about it, my God the plot thickens daily, and finally were the Malaysians aware of this new London investor showing an interest.
Also I'm sure all the creditors will be reassured that PR is managing the club's cash flow, I wonder if they all be there now tomorrow asking for their money, because by all accounts many have spent months trying to get paid allegedly, it's good to hear things aren't as bad as we been led to believe.

Gwyn, the creditors will be a damn sight more reassured that PR is managing the clubs cash flow than Sam Hammam manage it. Regardless of how you feel about him, or the fact that it has taken selling the clubs assets to meet the shortfall between expenses and turnover, when bills needed to be paid, they were eventually paid. Whereas when Sam couldn't pay the bills, he went and borrowed some more, until he couldn't borrow any more, and couldn't pay any more bills.

You're quite welcome to your analysis of PR's management of the finances, but regardless of what you say, the b/s and p&l will show what they show. And it's a damn sight more optimistic than when Hammam was here. Their creditrating according the the 8 leading world credit agencies I've been monitoring also hasn't moved in the last 2 months, and remains positive, and comparative with other clubs in our division.

As for how long the Malaysians have been involved, and as for whether the stuff the public get fed is true or not quite as it seems behind the scences, I wouldn't want to make further comment on it, but if you think business is always as it's held out in the media (or indeed how it's held out directly to fans)then I'd suggest you're wrong. I'd also suggest you'd consider why Keith Harris of SP is involved.
Last edited by gabbsthenewt on Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:34 pm

Time will tell and I think you may find time is not on Ridsales side. The cat has been skinned 8 times and the 9th coat is the last. Harris is not involved in this " deal" Whys that?

Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:36 pm

steve davies wrote:if this was only a small part of a major coup im sure he would be shouting it from the rooftops

Have a read of that and ask yourself, if a businessman is in line to make a major coup, in stages, and that major coup involved making a personal fortune on the back of it, would he, regardless of whomever he was and his flamboyancy, be shouting it from the rooftops?
Last edited by gabbsthenewt on Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:37 pm

TNT---as there isn't any deal....just another loan?

Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:37 pm

TNT wrote:Time will tell and I think you may find time is not on Ridsales side. The cat has been skinned 8 times and the 9th coat is the last. Harris is not involved in this " deal" Whys that?

Harris is involved in the deal and that is absolute fact.

Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:39 pm

Annis.

Is it a fact that an embargo is/was

- already in place BEFORE the loan deadline closed
- came into place after the loan/deadline and is in place now
- will come into place as soon as the window opens if we havent paid the revenue.

?

There are various contradictions going around. I think a few people would be grateful if this was clarified.

- One thing to remember that as long as its sorted by Jan then no damage done .

Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:39 pm

How about we all just wait to see what happens????? After all, not one of us have effing clue whats going on and not one of us can change it!!

Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:41 pm

So was the court action called by the HMRC just a bluff that PR was taking to the wire for the hell of it. :shock:

Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:42 pm

steve davies wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:While PR has some of the traits you talk of, he also has been sucessful in managing the club's cashflow so that bills always get paid by some eventuality. When it comes to Cardiff City and with particular relevance to the Malays, this hasn't come about overnight - and there is a far more significant matter in that Peter Ridsdale himself has an interest in things being done properly and not risking certain elements until things are pretty much signed sealed and delivered as he is a shareholder himself (along with the interests of PMG, and if you think Paul Guy is going to let his interest in CCFC be risked then you must be bonkers). The Malays have been in the picture with Keith Harris being involved in matters on a day to day basis with Ridsdale for years, even before he was appointed NED. Other investors have been told CCFC would not be for sale in previous times by both Ridsdale and Keith Harris, and that is not for no reason. Hammam/Langstone has proved the obstacle on getting particular parties from signing up for a long time now. What you're accusing Peter Ridsdale of leading the club into now, just doesn't add up.
gabbsthenewt

So Gabs are you saying these Malaysian investors have been there for years, that means all the talk about his son having a trial and the Link with arranged by the business contacts made thru the Dragons Den diesel pump man was a fabrication.

Also if the Malaysians are in so much contact, even though they said they were unaware of our tax problems, really they new all about it, my God the plot thickens daily, and finally were the Malaysians aware of this new London investor showing an interest.
Also I'm sure all the creditors will be reassured that PR is managing the club's cash flow, I wonder if they all be there now tomorrow asking for their money, because by all accounts many have spent months trying to get paid allegedly, it's good to hear things aren't as bad as we been led to believe.

Yep gabbs i must be crazy expecting someone who has just joined the board of directors to give a press conference outling why he chose to join the board at this time and what his future plans are.
Also i expected our chairman to also tell us why they invited dato to join the board and what the intentions were.
i mean we are not talking about a guy who is shy of publicity and blowing his own trumpet.
if this was only a small part of a major coup im sure he would be shouting it from the rooftops

It is feasible that they have a signed agreement telling them to keep the details secret until all is signed a sealed. Not unusual in takeovers.

Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:43 pm

gabbsthenewt wrote:
steve davies wrote:if this was only a small part of a major coup im sure he would be shouting it from the rooftops

Have a read of that and ask yourself, if a businessman is in line to make a major coup, in stages, and that major coup involved making a personal fortune on the back of it, would he, regardless of whomever he was and his flamboyancy, be shouting it from the rooftops?

gabbs im not on about personal gains here im just asking why was dato chan invited to join the board and what are his intentions.
Has anybody come out and stated this from the club if so ive missed it.

Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:44 pm

BigGwynram wrote:So was the court action called by the HMRC just a bluff that PR was taking to the wire for the hell of it. :shock:

Taking them to the wire. It's quite commonplace as a sort of "taxplanning".

Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:46 pm

sorry to quote mm message board vince alm on there saying its not true ,what the hell is going on ? or is it just another day of if and buts and rumours following cardiff city ,dont you just love it! :lol:

Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:50 pm

Vince has probably been told that by ridders though :lol: we just have to wait for January, thats if we are still around :?

Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:55 pm

wez 1927, just been looking on the league rules to see who is telling the truth, the rules state if a winding up order is issued on a club then an embargo will be put on that club till such date it is lifted, we have a winding up order on us in the high court, the facts speak for them selves.

Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:00 pm

the winding up order didnt even go to court? a payment plan was arranged before ,didnt pr say i t was put on by mistake? unless hes laying. every other club that has had an transfer restrictions it plastered all over sky sports news and in the papers unless this is to come tomorrow?

Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:03 pm

wez 1927 wrote:the winding up order didnt even go to court? a payment plan was arranged before ,didnt pr say i t was put on by mistake? unless hes laying. every other club that has had an transfer restrictions it plastered all over sky sports news and in the papers unless this is to come tomorrow?

pr kept the court case from the papers,the football league wont tell you what clubs have embargos on them, what they will say if there is an order out there in court then they have no other choice to put it on the club.
pr aslo stated he had already received millions of the malaysians, yet he hasnt yet lol.

Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:06 pm

if its paid by jan does it realy matter? do you think that the football league monies have been borrowed from the bank to pay the tax bill?

Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:10 pm

wez 1927 wrote:if its paid by jan does it realy matter? do you think that the football league monies have been borrowed from the bank to pay the tax bill?

yr right pr will deny it, but who cares as long as it is paid of in jan. Pr has his inner circle now tlg,alm and corky lol.
cant be bothered with all this politics lol.
football saturday cant wait bluebirds.

Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:12 pm

hopefully some bumper crowds will help the cash flow :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:26 pm

Just testing posted twice on this thread but neither post appears to have been uploaded on :D

Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:28 pm

Ninian 72 wrote:
wez 1927 wrote:the winding up order didnt even go to court? a payment plan was arranged before ,didnt pr say i t was put on by mistake? unless hes laying. every other club that has had an transfer restrictions it plastered all over sky sports news and in the papers unless this is to come tomorrow?

pr kept the court case from the papers,the football league wont tell you what clubs have embargos on them, what they will say if there is an order out there in court then they have no other choice to put it on the club.
pr aslo stated he had already received millions of the malaysians, yet he hasnt yet lol.

But there was no winding up order. The payment plan has withdrawn that issue. Hence there would be no transfer embargo unless the FA decide above normal procedure that ccfc should be monitored until the agreed payment to hmrc is transacted.

Which means any embargo isn't an issue as it doesn't change the situation - if they are juggling things for funds to be made available in jan to pay them off then they'd only buy players when those monies would come in anyway.

Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:40 pm

yr right pr will deny it, but who cares as long as it is paid of in jan. Pr has his inner circle now tlg,alm and corky lol.

Who are you Ninian 72? Inner circle my arse...Annis is the only person who talks to Ridsdale daily and Annis is not in an inner circle...and I am definately not...Vince and TLG are not either....just because we have different opinions don't make us in an Inner circle....I thought there would be no sniping on here?

For the record I will be very happy when there is a clean sweep at the club...new owners new start.

Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:40 pm

vince.alm wrote:Just testing posted twice on this thread but neither post appears to have been uploaded on :D

Vince sometimes you have to press it down more than once.

Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:43 pm

Ninian 72 wrote:
wez 1927 wrote:if its paid by jan does it realy matter? do you think that the football league monies have been borrowed from the bank to pay the tax bill?

Ninian none of that being bitchy on here please.

There is NO INNER CIRCLE 'not anymore anyway" :lol: We have all been sacked lol.

Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:52 pm

There'll always be people who are more 'in the know' at every football club, part and parcel of it really.

Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:24 am

I doesnt add up to me:

- The club need 8,000,000 to get through the season
- PMG and co are trying to sell their shares which means no new money into the club
- 2-3 million needed to keep the promotion on track.

If PR pulls this one off then he deserves a knighthood

Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:07 am

Have any of the people posting here and who claim to be in the know seen with their own eyes a letter from the league telling the club that they are subject to a transfer embargo? If they haven't then this is all speculation and rumour and does nothing but create uncertainty and doubt amongst supporters and give ammunition to a press always ready to portray the club in a bad light to sell a few more greasy pages.

Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:37 am

asensibleman wrote:Have any of the people posting here and who claim to be in the know seen with their own eyes a letter from the league telling the club that they are subject to a transfer embargo? If they haven't then this is all speculation and rumour and does nothing but create uncertainty and doubt amongst supporters and give ammunition to a press always ready to portray the club in a bad light to sell a few more greasy pages.

I agree this is just another rumour, even it if true, we will be fine if we are bought out by Tan & Co (which I am sure we will be), if not we will just have to get on with it!!!

Even with the squad we have, we are third and have been quite unlucky with injuries ONWARDS & UPWARDS !!!!!!! :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:46 am

We will be acquiring new players when the window opens in January.... Absolute 100%!

If the club fail to do a deal with the Malaysians then let's hope it's not due to the fans spreading rumour.

Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:57 am

gabbsthenewt wrote:
Ninian 72 wrote:

But there was no winding up order. The payment plan has withdrawn that issue. Hence there would be no transfer embargo unless the FA decide above normal procedure that ccfc should be monitored until the agreed payment to hmrc is transacted.

Which means any embargo isn't an issue as it doesn't change the situation - if they are juggling things for funds to be made available in jan to pay them off then they'd only buy players when those monies would come in anyway.

That's what is making me very doubtful about this. If the rules are that an embargo is introduced once a club has a winding up order against them then we are not at that stage ........... yet. An application was made and then adjourned by consent, therefore no winding up order has been made and, unless we have misunderstood the League rules, no grounds to introduce an embargo.

Now, if we default on the agreed payment schedule we would be in difficulty as the HMRC would have grounds to bring the matter back before the court. However, I thought that the 1st payment wasn't due until end of January therefore as long as we sign people up quickly we should be OK :lol: ;)