Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Yesterdays atmosphere

Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:13 am

How far up do you rate that atmosphere with any at Ninian ? I put it right up there.
What our new ground needs is history days like yesterday to bring it to age to have a sence of belonging.
It now seems like home to me two cracking atmospheres in a week.
I will always miss NP but the CCS is now our home and days like yesterday will have us talking about the game for years to come . :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :D :D :D

Re: Yesterdays atmosphere

Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:14 am

Yesterday proved that bigger grounds can provide just as much, if not more, atmosphere as the old ones.

The sheer mass of people singing their hearts out more than makes up for the old atmosphere's of NP.

Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:38 am

Dafydd wrote:Yesterday proved that bigger grounds can provide just as much, if not more, atmosphere as the old ones.

The sheer mass of people singing their hearts out more than makes up for the old atmosphere's of NP.

I'm away at the moment, s missed yesterday, but seeing it on Tv and the vidoes today it looks absolutely awesome. The stands look packed and it seems like EVERYBODY is singing their hearts out.

Brilliant !

Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:01 am

We have to move on and i think this week has been the stepping stone for a lot of fans who have NP in their heart :ayatollah:

AWESOME yesterday - and standing 90 mins out of 93 - bloody stewards lol tried n tried but they had no chance - the stewards spoil a lot of things that come with atmosphere.

We need to keep this momentum up for the rest of the games :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:08 am

You didnt find me then Jez ! Mind you the state of me you wouldent of got any sence out of me :lol: :lol:

Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:11 am

Nuclearblue wrote:You didnt find me then Jez ! Mind you the state of me you wouldent of got any sence out of me :lol: :lol:

I went to the Canton Hotel - X - n kiwis - even in kiwis they had it playing over n over on the tv and singing :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:16 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-NJtbIiLPI

Watched it about 20 times today still feels great.......in fact I think its getting better!!! :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:19 am

I think that the CCS may have found its "SOUL" :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:31 am

For it's first season CCS isn't doing too bad in creating some history.

We have had some brilliant games starting with the first ever Scunthrope (4-0) the shitheads twice (3-0 & 1-0) the lesser shitheads (3-1) the demo motovated wins against Doncaster & Middlesbrough, Leciester (2-1 with 10 men) and the never to be forgotten Jack Barstards 2-1 with the winner coming in the 92nd minute.

I still think the Canton/Grange Ends need to be swapped over, but I love CCS and I consider it my home.

Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:36 am

If the Football League don't punish the club for us standing when we were all doing it on live national television then they won't ever do it. So if we don't get punished just allow standing. The atmosphere has changed for the better at CCS and the game yesterday was the best I've felt an atmosphere since Millennium Stadium 2003.

Nuclear Blue made a good point about the new stadium needing historic moments to give it some age. This season, even just its first, has created some cracking memories. As Tony touched upon, the Scunthorpe game, the Bristol City wins, the match last night and, for me, the historic turning point against Leicester when something happened.

There's still loads of drama left as well this year. Already I can say though, no matter what happens, this season has been f*cking brilliant.

Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:31 am

Nuclearblue wrote:How far up do you rate that atmosphere with any at Ninian ? I put it right up there.
What our new ground needs is history days like yesterday to bring it to age to have a sence of belonging.
It now seems like home to me two cracking atmospheres in a week.
I will always miss NP but the CCS is now our home and days like yesterday will have us talking about the game for years to come . :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :D :D :D

Totaly agree the place is now home without a doubt, atmosphere and feel of the place is up there with great days and memories at Ninian Park :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:33 am

ohhhh it was f*cking bumping there yesterday, ooooh f**k, imagine if we can actually get in the Premier League next season. Every f*cking game will be like that :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:03 am

Still can hardly hear the away fans though, from canton stand

Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:04 am

Great atmosphere yesterday, lets keep it going from now on. :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:14 pm

the atmosphere was fantastic, everyone was standing and chanting, perhaps we have finaly grown into the new stadium. :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:26 pm

For me Ninian against Leeds atmosphere will never be recreated.

But yesterday was a better atmosphere than the same fixture last season for sure