Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Which is the best derby match for atmo ?

Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:52 am

Chopra said on Sky that he has been involved in a lot of derby games but this one is by far the best.
If there is any better out there then tell me which ones are better.
Even thow i hate those inbreds you have to admit they made good noise as well yesterday and at there place. It was yesterday we just drowned them out completely but they added to it .

Re: Which is the best derby match for atmo ?

Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:54 am

I agree, this one is the best. As much as we hate the Jacks there is still that 'banterous edge' to it due to us all being Welsh. The Old Firm is worse because they take it too far and don't know the limit e.g. Celtic singing during the minute's silence and things Rangers fans have done that are just as bad.

For passion on a football level, this derby is the greatest derby in the world and the only reason everyone else doesn't think the same is because we're not Premiership.

Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:25 pm

Exactly. They wouldent bother having a minutes silence during our derby as it would be pointless. Everyone would take noyice if we were both prem sides. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:33 pm

I would definately say this is the best! Noisy as f**k in the ground yesterday and was buzzin around canton all night! :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:28 pm

Sky must love our fixture it has never let them down for dramatic incident.

As for other derbies I have always hated Sheffield United (streches back to 1971) so I tend to watch the Sheffield derby in the hope that they lose as I know that is game that they hate losing.

I also never miss an old firm game despite the football being absolutely awful in the past few years.

Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:37 pm

Barcalona v Real Madrid
Inter Milan v AC Milan

Would love to witness one of them

Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:43 pm

Makes you wonder what the crappiest derbies are? I bet Torquay vs Exeter is shite Doncaster vs Barnsley may be?

Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:50 pm

Boca Juniors vs River Plate - a whole new level! :twisted:

Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:53 pm

bloo wrote:Boca Juniors vs River Plate - a whole new level! :twisted:
galatassaray and fernabache real naughty one

Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:57 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:
bloo wrote:Boca Juniors vs River Plate - a whole new level! :twisted:
galatassaray and fernabache real naughty one

who can forget the famous 'flag' incident involving Mr Souness? Can you imagine Sousa or Jones doing that at the Liberty/CCS?

Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:09 pm

SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY v SHEFFIELD UNITED!!!!!!
PURE HATRED FROM BOTH SIDES OF THE CITY!!!!!! ;)

Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:12 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Makes you wonder what the crappiest derbies are? I bet Torquay vs Exeter is shite Doncaster vs Barnsley may be?

Woking v Aldershot is pretty dire. Been to a couple on the Woking side of the fence. Awful, awful games