Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Annis

Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:05 am

Morning Annis,

I have had a good read of all the Cardiff City forums this morning and firstly congratulations as your forum does seem far more educated with far more intelligent comments with a larger sector of debate. Reading through another forum it does seem you do have opposition to your views and beliefs but you must ignore these and continue in a good manner with this forum and I would suggest you keep it the way it is at present and not open to public viewing. My thoughts for you anyway.

Regards this transfer embargo discussion, many are missing some valid points. Firstly as some state but not many, as long as the debts are cleared by the time the transfer window opens then you will be ok albeit you need the funds to clear them!

Everybody talks its because of tax affairs, that of course is the obvious one that stands out its clearly been in the HC, but there could well be more underlying debts/payments that need to be paid all so to have the current restrictions lifted. Players wages/bonus need to be up to date as well. If you know any of your players have a little ask about to see if everything is up to date, you may well find more reasons than just the outstanding tax for the current restrictions .

Re: Annis

Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:28 am

Excellent post TNT

Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:32 am

yes everybody is assuming its the tax problem but it can also involve non payment of players bonus money as well as missing payment instalments for players they have bought previously.
we are on a rocky road at the moment and if the malaysians do walk away its going to be an interesting new year.
I note that people were bigging up the season ticket sales 500 sold this week
well 500 at an average of £400 that equates to 200k barely enough to pay the clubs weekly wage bill i would say.
so 10 thousand sold would give us 20 weeks wages or if the debt of 1 million to the tax man is accurate we need 2500 season tickets sold just to pay that debt and that drops it to 15 weeks wages

Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:32 am

Yes good post....but what I don't understand, like all of us, what the hell is really going on......are we having investment or not....certainly doesn't look like it at the moment does it?[

Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:59 am

TNT

Could we presell players (most prob have spoken to clubs), to gain funding to lift the transfer embargo then pay the source of the funding back once a player has gone???

I know this would be a short term solution but it would lift the embargo

Forgive me if I'm a tad naive

Regards

Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:03 am

TNT, you always make me feel better about myself with your posts. I always feel I gain something from them. Glad you're here posting such words of wisdom. :)

Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:07 pm

CreanyCCFC wrote:TNT

Could we presell players (most prob have spoken to clubs), to gain funding to lift the transfer embargo then pay the source of the funding back once a player has gone???

I know this would be a short term solution but it would lift the embargo

Forgive me if I'm a tad naive

Regards

All negoatiaions for Jan will be common place now between Clubs and agents, although funding cant be exchanged until Jan.

This is why its not good to be under a transfer embargo in December, never mind what Peter Ridsdale states to you about the transfer window not being open yet, by being in the situation in December, Agents and Clubs will be very shy to doing any business with a Club talking of a promise of paying their way out of an embargo come when the window is open. In other words, the likes of these Clubs like Plymouth, Crystal Palace, maybe soon Watford and from what it sounds Cardiff City , are missing out on the action. Add to the factor too, the actual player, would he wish to join a football Club where it could be likely he may not receive his wages ?

Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:12 pm

We really are on a sticky wicket aren't we!

Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:35 pm

It does sound that way at present yes. Although in football anything can happen. Vincent Tan / Peter Ridsdale, Tan will want to pay as least as possible, Ridsdale & Co will want to hold out for the most. TG sitting in there now observing all the goings on , Ridsdale trying to hide them. Shareholders all concerned to share prices and loan repayments? Tan in a very strong position ( if he really wants it) Ridsdale in a very weak position. A take it or leave offer could well be what goes on the table.( just a forum thought) . Would your shareholders accept 15/10p a share for the Clubs survival ?? Tan will not want to pay heavy for basically an insolvent business I doubt very much. I think there are going to be a lot of twists and turns to come.

Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:50 pm

If the shareholder get anything like 20p a share they will have made a good profit anyway and have the knowledge that they left the club in powerful hands...Peter Ridsdale for instance has £500,000 of shares at 11p a share gifted to him as a bonus...so he would double that outlay...which he didn't actually layout in the first place... :?

Many twists to come no dount and a real possiblility of both things happening...new investment and high hopes...no investment and massive player sales.

Who knows?

Best thing to do is enjoy this week...three great wins behind us and three possible winnable games ahead...

Its never easy following Cardiff City and it gauls me that some people are still making fortunes out of our club whilst we have this serious cash flow problem.

Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:02 pm

TNT wrote:Morning Annis,

I have had a good read of all the Cardiff City forums this morning and firstly congratulations as your forum does seem far more educated with far more intelligent comments with a larger sector of debate. Reading through another forum it does seem you do have opposition to your views and beliefs but you must ignore these and continue in a good manner with this forum and I would suggest you keep it the way it is at present and not open to public viewing. My thoughts for you anyway.

Regards this transfer embargo discussion, many are missing some valid points. Firstly as some state but not many, as long as the debts are cleared by the time the transfer window opens then you will be ok albeit you need the funds to clear them!

Everybody talks its because of tax affairs, that of course is the obvious one that stands out its clearly been in the HC, but there could well be more underlying debts/payments that need to be paid all so to have the current restrictions lifted. Players wages/bonus need to be up to date as well. If you know any of your players have a little ask about to see if everything is up to date, you may well find more reasons than just the outstanding tax for the current restrictions .

Err but how in the hell is your idea remotely sensational???

If you take a look for the previous years, scratch, decades you will see that without player sales we would be making multimillion pound losses. We have made multimillion pound losses with player sales too.

Under Sam Hammam, our outgoings were far greater than the money we were having in, both in as in turnover, but also with asset (player) sales. It was all done on tab, not out of Mr.Hammam's pocket, but borrowed from other people, insitutions whomever would give him terms, whatever the terms may be as we'll cross the bridge of the problem of paying it back would create when we come to it.

CCFC have not been able to pay their bills for many years. I can only say allegedly, but it is said that they paid a final demand of tax 2 years ago by selling Chris Gunter. It's nothing new. You're throwing into the pot that ok, it may not be tax, but it might be other bills that are causing the problem...as if it's something new or remotely interesting! IT'S BEEN THIS WAY FOR YEARS. NOTHING YOU SAY IS NEW!!! We cannot pay our bills and at regular intervals we have to find a source of cash somewhere with final demands already coming in before anything is moved to do something about them with. It's usually the sale of a player or two. Under Hammam the debts were paid off with newer debts.

Your progression has gone now from yesterday, onto seemingly trying to find any angle that is remotely uneasy. That angle is in no way new news, sensational or of much of a threat to the club given the sources of finance they have available no matter what the course any takeover goes down. They have a stockpile of players with values agains their name that could clear any debt they currently have.

Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:29 pm

TNT wrote:Morning Annis,

TNT Who ever you are i have to admit i just enjoy reading your posts, they make a lot of sense.

Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:49 pm

steve davies wrote:yes everybody is assuming its the tax problem but it can also involve non payment of players bonus money as well as missing payment instalments for players they have bought previously.
we are on a rocky road at the moment and if the malaysians do walk away its going to be an interesting new year.
I note that people were bigging up the season ticket sales 500 sold this week
well 500 at an average of £400 that equates to 200k barely enough to pay the clubs weekly wage bill i would say.
so 10 thousand sold would give us 20 weeks wages or if the debt of 1 million to the tax man is accurate we need 2500 season tickets sold just to pay that debt and that drops it to 15 weeks wages

Steve. You posted about the weeks season ticket sales at 10.30 AM on a Tuesday morning !