Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:21 am

West Ham have rejected Sullivans offer - apparently its personal

Come on Dave invest in us - lol

Re: rejected...

Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:41 am

Wouldn't sell Razzle in the club shop I heard :lol:

Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:07 am

I don't know if I would want Sullivan here. I mean, look at Birmingham as a club on the whole. The potential is massive (even bigger than Cardiff possibly). However, all he could do was guide them to a lower mid-table place at best and give them a reputation as a yo-yo team. We want better than that.

He's refused to get involved so far and I don't fancy being a multi millionaire's second choice pick up.

Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:21 am

Zabier wrote:I don't know if I would want Sullivan here. I mean, look at Birmingham as a club on the whole. The potential is massive (even bigger than Cardiff possibly). However, all he could do was guide them to a lower mid-table place at best and give them a reputation as a yo-yo team. We want better than that.

He's refused to get involved so far and I don't fancy being a multi millionaire's second choice pick up.

I don't think the potential is bigger at Brum, Look at all the teams in and around that area they have to compete with, they got Villa, Wolves, West Brom, Walsall Ect, Then you got the teams on the east of the Midlands

We have no other team to compete with for fans, We should be massive

Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:27 am

At the same time though, loyalties towards rugby around here replace the support for other clubs. I know loads of Cardiff Blues fans who live in and around Cardiff who just can't afford a ticket for Cardiff football matches because their time and commitment is with the Blues.

Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:03 pm

Zabier wrote:At the same time though, loyalties towards rugby around here replace the support for other clubs. I know loads of Cardiff Blues fans who live in and around Cardiff who just can't afford a ticket for Cardiff football matches because their time and commitment is with the Blues.

I suppose. Then we got the idiots who claim to be proper fans of Man Utd, Scouse, Chelski, Arsenal ect

I think if we ever get there Premiership football in Cardiff will change all that, I hope so anyway

Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:07 pm

Yeah me too. It would be a strange feeling though having all these plastic fans talking shite around us. Maybe we should build a pen for them to keep them all together and away from us! :)

Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:09 pm

birmingham are at present a bigger club than us but they are not the size of villa, west brom, wolves, forest, derby

birmingham have always been a yo yo team , even before sullivan took over

and for all his money , st andrews is still a dump

they still aint redeveloped half of the ground and sillivan and gold are stinking rich but still have charged the locals top whack for tickets, something they are still unhappy about and many are glad to see the back of them, binrminghams support comes from the poorest areas of birmingham, they are very much a working class team , whereas villa are like the man united of the west midlands , much of their support coming from the posh suburbs

yet sullivan has kept prices at birmingham high, hence the poor crowds they often get

big club in the lower divisions, like we were, but very much an also ran in the top flight

Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:19 pm

It will be interesting to see what happens with Carsten Yeung in charge now, for more than one reason. The first being that they are in a bit of a revival and seem to be doing well in the league.

The second is more interesting because there could be a parrallel with our (potential) takeover. Seeing as both Tan and Yeung are far eastern businessmen, I think their plans for both clubs could move along the same lines

Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:18 pm

Sludge wrote:birmingham are at present a bigger club than us but they are not the size of villa, west brom, wolves, forest, derby

birmingham have always been a yo yo team , even before sullivan took over

and for all his money , st andrews is still a dump

they still aint redeveloped half of the ground and sillivan and gold are stinking rich but still have charged the locals top whack for tickets, something they are still unhappy about and many are glad to see the back of them, binrminghams support comes from the poorest areas of birmingham, they are very much a working class team , whereas villa are like the man united of the west midlands , much of their support coming from the posh suburbs

yet sullivan has kept prices at birmingham high, hence the poor crowds they often get

big club in the lower divisions, like we were, but very much an also ran in the top flight

I don't agree with what you say about Villa sludge. The club is based in a working class area, not far from Lozells. It attacts a wide spectrum of support from accross the region.

Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:33 pm

Birmingham City used to attract 50,000 fans on a very regular basis - granted it was in the 50's and 60's, however, potentially they are much bigger than us.

Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:35 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:It will be interesting to see what happens with Carsten Yeung in charge now, for more than one reason. The first being that they are in a bit of a revival and seem to be doing well in the league.

The second is more interesting because there could be a parrallel with our (potential) takeover. Seeing as both Tan and Yeung are far eastern businessmen, I think their plans for both clubs could move along the same lines

Tan & Cardiff ?

Have you heard something official - because everyone else is yet to be convinced that anything is in place? apart from Ridsdale getting Sam to sign?

This is the only inidication i can assume that will produce any more news come the new year? or has the threat of Administration/transfer Embargo/no investment - Really scared Sam into signing?

Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:35 pm

Joff wrote:Birmingham City used to attract 50,000 fans on a very regular basis - granted it was in the 50's and 60's, however, potentially they are much bigger than us.

So did Cardiff.

Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:37 pm

Merlin wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:It will be interesting to see what happens with Carsten Yeung in charge now, for more than one reason. The first being that they are in a bit of a revival and seem to be doing well in the league.

Tan & Cardiff ?

Have you heard something official - because everyone else is yet to be convinced that anything is in place? apart from Ridsdale getting Sam to sign?

This is the only inidication i can assume that will produce any more news come the new year? or has the threat of Administration/transfer Embargo/no investment - Really scared Sam into signing?

I was going on the potential takeover that a lot of other people think could happen. I should have used the word 'if' in front of what I said, as it's obviously not 100% set in stone just yet

Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:38 pm

Gold said last night he wants a team close to his home.hes fed up of travelling.

Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:46 pm

Merlin wrote:
Joff wrote:Birmingham City used to attract 50,000 fans on a very regular basis - granted it was in the 50's and 60's, however, potentially they are much bigger than us.

So did Cardiff.

Really? how often ?

I can assure you Cardiff did not attract fans of that amount on a regular basis

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File: ... dances.png

The link suggests Birmingham city's potential

Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:56 pm

Joff wrote:
Merlin wrote:

So did Cardiff.

Really? how often ?

I can assure you Cardiff did not attract fans of that amount on a regular basis

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File: ... dances.png

The link suggests Birmingham city's potential

Yes we did. I've been following City since 46/47 and I well remember the crowds

Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:18 pm

we did occasionally , - out highest average ever in a season was 37,000

where is TLG when you need him

Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:32 pm

Joff wrote:West Ham have rejected Sullivans offer - apparently its personal

Come on Dave invest in us - lol

David Sullivan doesnt care one bit about his so called child hood team lol.