Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: so then

Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:44 pm

I was attending a business meeting last month and visited Mumbles in Swansea, no way could I say it looked bad, it was more like Cornwall!

Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:45 pm

Bray1 wrote:Well I use to play down south Gower and some of them would not call it Swansea... So yes I'm the tit..

I know a lot of the boys around Loughor and gorseinon penllergaer pontlliw and etc and they say they are from Carmarthenshire not Llanelli as that would rile them up. It's just like them calling me a j**k but there we go I apologise that their opinions conflict with yours.

OK south gower, penard etc, many of them don't even class themselves as welsh yet alone from Swansea so you cant bring that argument Gower is part of Swansea and many jacks live here...

And that is total tosh what you said about gorseinon, penllergaer and pontlliw etc, you have no idea of the area or the history of it Gorseinon definitely part of Swansea I was born in gorseinon hospital and grew up in penyrheol

so please stop making stuff up :lol:

Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:49 pm

Gowerjack wrote:Yes I know a lot about my team and my son has all of their autographs and has pictures with several of the players, just because you are obviously a plastic with little knowledge of anything to do with the side you profess to support ;)

and yes I am a Jack b*stard and proud of it, but the dirty? you can save that for Leeds :lol:

ahh right so because im not a freak who knows where all the Cardiff players live im not a real fan. you need help!

Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:53 pm

Gowerjack wrote:
Bray1 wrote:Well I use to play down south Gower and some of them would not call it Swansea... So yes I'm the tit..

I know a lot of the boys around Loughor and gorseinon penllergaer pontlliw and etc and they say they are from Carmarthenshire not Llanelli as that would rile them up. It's just like them calling me a j**k but there we go I apologise that their opinions conflict with yours.

OK south gower, penard etc, many of them don't even class themselves as welsh yet alone from Swansea so you cant bring that argument Gower is part of Swansea and many jacks live here...

And that is total tosh what you said about gorseinon, penllergaer and pontlliw etc, you have no idea of the area or the history of it Gorseinon definitely part of Swansea I was born in gorseinon hospital and grew up in penyrheol

Am I making stuff up tho... I live down that way now and I know a fair few that don't call it Swansea... I'm not saying that I am one of them as I call it Swansea west but I am saying that I know people around here that don't support Swansea and call it carmarthenshire. Your right I don't know the history but I couldn't really care as I'm not from here. I'm sorry you think I'm a liar but oh well I am not going to lose any sleep over it.

Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:56 pm

Cardiff Daft! wrote:
Gowerjack wrote:Yes I know a lot about my team and my son has all of their autographs and has pictures with several of the players, just because you are obviously a plastic with little knowledge of anything to do with the side you profess to support ;)

and yes I am a Jack b*stard and proud of it, but the dirty? you can save that for Leeds :lol:

ahh right so because im not a freak who knows where all the Cardiff players live im not a real fan. you need help!

why do I need help? I have a 9 year old son who is fanatical about the Swans so when you are immersed that deeply into all things about your club you get to learn lots of irrelevant info, I could probably write a book on what I know about the Swans :)

Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:01 pm

Bray wrote:
Gowerjack wrote:

Am I making stuff up tho... I live down that way now and I know a fair few that don't call it Swansea... I'm not saying that I am one of them as I call it Swansea west but I am saying that I know people around here that don't support Swansea and call it carmarthenshire. Your right I don't know the history but I couldn't really care as I'm not from here. I'm sorry you think I'm a liar but oh well I am not going to lose any sleep over it.

Ok lets assume that's you do know people from Gorseinon who think they are in Carmarthenshire, it must be very confusing for them , don't they wonder why their address is Gorseinon, Swansea and before that West Glamorgan?

And yes I know a few people for that area who don't support Swansea they are dyed in the wool Liverpool supporters that's life you will get that everywhere

Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:01 pm

Bray wrote:
Gowerjack wrote:

Ok lets assume that's you do know people from Gorseinon who think they are in Carmarthenshire, it must be very confusing for them , don't they wonder why their address is Gorseinon, Swansea and before that West Glamorgan?

And yes I know a few people for that area who don't support Swansea they are dyed in the wool Liverpool supporters that's life you will get that everywhere

Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:02 pm

Eric_from_Ely wrote:I was attending a business meeting last month and visited Mumbles in Swansea, no way could I say it looked bad, it was more like Cornwall!

Mumbles is a lovely area. Actually wouldnt mind moving there if I could find a few extra quid on the floor just laying around.

Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:02 pm

I know a family in st mellons who class them selfs with newport rather then cardiff?.
Ps Carmarthenshire starts tfrom the river lougher? Why would popole in ponliew lougher Gorseinon say they liv in Carmarthenshire? .

Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:10 pm

swansealad69 wrote:I know a family in st mellons who class them selfs with newport rather then cardiff?.
Ps Carmarthenshire starts tfrom the river lougher? Why would popole in ponliew lougher Gorseinon say they liv in Carmarthenshire? .

Why don't you 'spell check' and save yourself some grief?

Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:17 pm

swansealad69 wrote:I know a family in st mellons who class them selfs with newport rather then cardiff?.

Names please as this sounds like absolute bullshit. Not even people from Newport admit they are from Newport except GLC

Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:20 pm

Gowerjack wrote:
Bray wrote:
Gowerjack wrote:

I know the address is Swansea I have said this to them before but I don't understand myself but that's what they believe. They are allowed to believe what they like. Not sure who they pay their council tax to though.

Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:22 pm

waddle wrote:
toshacks_1_tales wrote:I'm not wishing, I'm just thinking you may struggle next year. The Newcastle scenario could become very real for you. Its being done to death as you put it, because it could become your reality.

it's being done to death bcause it's the only scenario that suits your wishful thinking :roll:

I've told you what I think, nothing wishful about it.

Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:24 pm

Bray wrote:I know the address is Swansea I have said this to them before but I don't understand myself but that's what they believe. They are allowed to believe what they like. Not sure who they pay their council tax to though.

City and County of Swansea just the same as everyone else in the Swansea area do....

Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:24 pm

Gowerjack wrote:
toshacks_1_tales wrote:Its widely reported that these players could well be transferred or cashed in on. Has Laudrup managed a club that plays multiple fixtures over Christmas and had to contend with a Europa campaign?

don't believe everything your read in the press, now that Cardiff city are in the Premier League you are on the world stage and will realise that the press will be looking for anything to fill their column inches with about your club even it means exaggerating or even making a lot of it up.

Vorm went on a weekend break to Spain so the press put 2+2 together and say hes off to barca, its the price of success.

Laudrup took Getafe to the final of the copa del rey and the quarter finals in the UEFA Cup and still managed to keep them safe in their league, he has a more resources and control at Swansea than he did at Getafe and I have no doubt he will thrive on it.

Do they have a winter break in Spain? Not so here in blighty. Lots of matches in short space of time. Hope your squad can cope.

Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:30 pm

toshacks_1_tales wrote:
Gowerjack wrote:
toshacks_1_tales wrote:Its widely reported that these players could well be transferred or cashed in on. Has Laudrup managed a club that plays multiple fixtures over Christmas and had to contend with a Europa campaign?

don't believe everything your read in the press, now that Cardiff city are in the Premier League you are on the world stage and will realise that the press will be looking for anything to fill their column inches with about your club even it means exaggerating or even making a lot of it up.

Vorm went on a weekend break to Spain so the press put 2+2 together and say hes off to barca, its the price of success.

Laudrup took Getafe to the final of the copa del rey and the quarter finals in the UEFA Cup and still managed to keep them safe in their league, he has a more resources and control at Swansea than he did at Getafe and I have no doubt he will thrive on it.

Do they have a winter break in Spain? Not so here in blighty. Lots of matches in short space of time. Hope your squad can cope.

what part of squad strengthening don't you get?
Yes this seasons squad would never cope with all that, but Laudrup will move out the dead wood and has his targets lined up for next season. we get stronger every year I know it pains you to see it but it is fact.

Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:32 pm

Gowerjack wrote:
toshacks_1_tales wrote:
Gowerjack wrote:

Yes this seasons squad would never cope with all that, but Laudrup will move out the dead wood and has his targets lined up for next season. we get stronger every year I know it pains you to see it but it is fact.

Funny that - all the jacks on here are basing our performance next season in the prem on our squad this season - it goes both ways. What part of squad strengthening do YOU not understand? :laughing6:

Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:35 pm

swansealad69 wrote:I know a family in st mellons who class them selfs with newport rather then cardiff?.Ps Carmarthenshire starts tfrom the river lougher? Why would popole in ponliew lougher Gorseinon say they liv in Carmarthenshire? .

prove it.

Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:36 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:Funny that - all the jacks on here are basing our performance next season in the prem on our squad this season - it goes both ways. What part of squad strengthening do YOU not understand? :laughing6:

I have never said anything of the sort, you are in the same position as we were 2 years ago all squads need strengthening when you move up a division its common sense

Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:36 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:
Gowerjack wrote:
toshacks_1_tales wrote:
Gowerjack wrote:

Funny that - all the jacks on here are basing our performance next season in the prem on our squad this season - it goes both ways. What part of squad strengthening do YOU not understand? :laughing6:

Thats it they don't understand anything they really are thick as shit

Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:38 pm

Jinks wrote:Thats it they don't understand anything they really are thick as shit

really? judging you on your post I don't think you are much of a bright spark ;)

Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:02 pm

englishbluebird wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:
swansealad69 wrote:Murphey its u who ia the internet worrier fella.
Add to that a total bullshit merchant. .
Ps another post of mine to reach 3pages.and not even after 3 when most thw kids get hom from school

Internet warrior? That's you - trying to arrange meeting people to sort things out and sending threatening PMs to me and probably others. :laughing5:

You hard nut. :thumbup:

Ps - when the kids do get home from school, ask them to teach you some English lessons. :laughing6:

Seriously this clown hasnt been allowed to have kids has he ? :shock: :shock:

I'm lead to believe swansea retard does have a son. Not much hope for that boy then. :laughing6:

Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:03 pm

Gowerjack wrote:
toshacks_1_tales wrote:
Gowerjack wrote:

Unless you put a stop to your alarming form since the new year an improvement on last season won't be achieved as you will finish lower than 11th. Some tough games coming up. So your improvement theory is up for debate. With regards to strengthening, 10 players I reckon at least. Replace dead wood, replace your 3 best players and add to numbers. You had better got to it.

Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:09 pm

toshacks_1_tales wrote:Unless you put a stop to your alarming form since the new year an improvement on last season won't be achieved as you will finish lower than 11th. Some tough games coming up. So your improvement theory is up for debate. With regards to strengthening, 10 players I reckon at least. Replace dead wood, replace your 3 best players and add to numbers. You had better got to it.

But is it alarming form? over the last four games we lost to west brom away after the linesman wrongly disallowed a goal, we have been been beaten by Arsenal and narrowly by Spurs and drew away at Norwich. And arsenal are flying right now so theres no shame in any of that.
why would we replace our best 3 players and where did you get 10 from??? you make no sense

Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:15 pm

You mentioned getting rid of dead wood, I assume you will replace them. Your 3 best players are reported to be on the move. I guess you will have to increase squad size to compete on all your fronts next season. Around 10 players I could be wrong. Depends how dead your wood is? Does this clarif?y

Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:16 pm

Gowerjack wrote:
toshacks_1_tales wrote:Unless you put a stop to your alarming form since the new year an improvement on last season won't be achieved as you will finish lower than 11th. Some tough games coming up. So your improvement theory is up for debate. With regards to strengthening, 10 players I reckon at least. Replace dead wood, replace your 3 best players and add to numbers. You had better got to it.

But is it alarming form? over the last four games we lost to west brom away after the linesman wrongly disallowed a goal, we have been been beaten by Arsenal and narrowly by Spurs and drew away at Norwich. And arsenal are flying right now so theres no shame in any of that.
why would we replace our best 3 players and where did you get 10 from??? you make no sense

I think you have picked up 13 points since New year. Not exactly tip top form.

Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:21 pm

toshacks_1_tales wrote:You mentioned getting rid of dead wood, I assume you will replace them. Your 3 best players are reported to be on the move. I guess you will have to increase squad size to compete on all your fronts next season. Around 10 players I could be wrong. Depends how dead your wood is? Does this clarif?y

as I have said on another post here, don't take to much notice on what you read, a lot of it is just made up or exaggerated in the press to fill news columns, it will start happening to your club soon its part and parcel of being in the premier league.

we have dead wood like kemy agustien, I like him as a player but we have moved on now and to be honest he struggles to get in our team. we will be bringing in about 5 or 6 new players in summer but its part of our progression

Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:25 pm

toshacks_1_tales wrote:I think you have picked up 13 points since New year. Not exactly tip top form.

I think you under estimate how tough the prem is ;)

its not going to be as easy to win games in the prem as it has been for Cardiff to do in the championship, I think you will have to get used to losing and picking any points is a bonus yet alone 13 ;)

Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:31 pm

If you progress??? Since your blistering start of 3 wins out of 3, your form is relegation stuff, splattered with the odd decent result against superior teams. Troubling times ahead. I'll get back to you after your game on weekend. Hope you get something off United, City and Chelsea. Wigan away is also a possible loss. Can you see what's happening here. Get accustomed to it, It could be coming to a club near you. That club being yours of course.

Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:33 pm

I don't really see why Laudrup over Malky is being put forward as a huge draw, yes Laudrup was a brilliant player and he has had a decent start to his managerial career, however, so has Malky, both seem to have great personalities, both seem extremely thoughtful and Malky is undoubtedly a leader. None of us know, how motivational they are or who is the better in that respect, for all we know Malky may be a more persuasive character than Laudrup, on selling 'the dream' to prospective players?
What it will come down to, is who can offer the best financial package,as lets be honest, although Swansea have had 2 seasons in the Premiership, they are certainly not an established club, especially as they are run on a low and prudent budget, with a low attendances and little opportunity to grow commercially. They don't have wealthy backers either. It could quite easily go the other way for them next season, which prospective transfer targets will be mindful of.
I agree that one thing they do have going for them is an attractive playing style that certain players will want to be part of, but again, knowing how players are, I beleive that most would ignore that if they were being offered considerably more to play for another club.
Waddle has said that he would'nt want players like this, however I thunk he is mixing up mercenary types with players who are talented, but want to be paid what they feel they are worth, which usually comes down to who is willing to pay the most. :thumbup: