Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I thought our "break even" figure was 18,500?

Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:22 pm

say it all does it not ?

Re: I thought our "break even" figure was 18,500?

Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:30 pm

operating figure

budget figure

break even figure

ridsdale seems to have never really tied this down

Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:33 pm

ah, so really we need to sell all Premier Seating and average 25,000 ? (until Jan 2010 :lol: )

Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:35 pm

Joff wrote:ah, so really we need to sell all Premier Seating and average 25,000 ? (until Jan 2010 :lol: )

Ridsdale's never been too clear.

I personally think that he means - by that - that the club need an attendance of 18,500 to not make a loss on putting on the match that day.

Clearly, we've had over 18,500 attendances this season and are still massively in financial trouble, hence I do think that this figure he quotes just refers to the b/e point of that particular match (i.e. paying stewards, police, printing programmes and tickets, etc).

Could be wrong though. In-fact that particular explanation doesn't seem right either.. not sure what it really means, but it certainly doesn't refer to the accounting year's overall b/e point.
Last edited by BluebirdsFan101 on Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:37 pm

BluebirdsFan101 wrote:
Joff wrote:ah, so really we need to sell all Premier Seating and average 25,000 ? (until Jan 2010 :lol: )

Ridsdale's never been too clear.

I personally think that means - by that - that the club need an attendance of 18,500 to not make a loss on putting on the match that day.

Clearly, we've had over 18,500 attendances this season and are still massively in financial trouble, hence I do think that this figure he quotes just refers to the b/e point of that particular match (i.e. paying stewards, police, printing programmes and tickets, etc).

Could be wrong though.

perhaps its the over staffing at the club ?

Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:40 pm

its all very clever

city may say that they have " budgetted " for crowds of 18500

that MIGHT mean that they expect to make a loss over the season of 5 million if we get crowds of 18500

saying they have " budgetted" for a crowd level doesnt mean we are doing ok if we get that 18500

if city say that our break even gate is 18500 that means that if we get crowds over the season that are higher than that week in week out we will have ...for example.....a surplus of say 2 million quid

but if that money has to go to the bank manager or tax man , it doesnt mean that we suddenly have 2 million quid to spend on players

Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:47 pm

I did believe we needed the magic 18,500 to break-even.

However, surely there bigger problem is cashflow which is a very different forecast to a budget.

For example, a large bill may be accounted for over a period of 12 months but it would be due in 1 payment, yes it's budgeted correctly but has it been correctly factored into the cashflow.

This all indicates that they have major cashflow problems and us buying our season tickets even earlier than last year substantiates this.

The revenue from this years ST's are shown as revenue for 2009/10, however, that money was all spent in 2008/09 - here lies the problem.

Any company can make a profit but not all can be profitable and cash-rich.

Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:50 pm

I think it meant to say EVEN BROKE with 21,000 crowds. :? :? :?

Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:07 pm

Surely the club have not helped themselves either, the Langston repayments would not have been budgeted till 2016, yet, we are now starting to pay them from January - again not budgeted or in the cashflow forecast.

Whilst everyone is grateful for sam signing, until, the investment comes in (if ever) the nails each month will be firmly tapped into CCFC's coffin.

Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:43 pm

Joff wrote:say it all does it not ?

pr and alms spin lol.