Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Trust Report On Meeting With TG

Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:50 pm

steve davies wrote:
carlccfc wrote:Better still, stay here now that you are already :lol:

AND READ IT HERE ( taken from the trust website ) :

Cardiff City Supporters’ Trust Chairman Tim Hartley and board member Anthony Wedlake have met potential Cardiff City Football Club investor Dato’ Chan Tien Ghee (TG).

The meeting areas covered were potential future investment in the club, potential future strategies and TG’s affinity and commitment to Cardiff City Football Club.

A summary of key points discussed during the meeting were:

Investment

◦Any investment is NOT conditional on CCFC reaching the Premiership this season.
◦The final pieces of the ‘jigsaw’ are still to be finalised. Discussions are progressing with all key stakeholders (by stakeholders, we believe, that they would include PMG, key directors and other important creditors).
◦It should be seen as extremely positive that prominent directors have put their own money into the club to cover immediate expenses (e.g. the players’ wages) that have fallen due. The payments were unlikely to have been made without progress being made as part of the wider efforts to increase investment.
Future Financial Strategy

◦TG believes that there are major costs that the club has incurred in previous financial years that need not be repeated in future financial years.
◦He also believes that the club is not fulfilling its current potential for additional revenue streams (e.g. conferencing).
◦Having a major Malaysian investor in the club opens up key parts of the football mad Far East to revenue generating opportunities that are currently only available to the top English Premiership clubs – that’s not to say we’d raise the same amount of revenue as these clubs, but we’d be able to leverage the potential.
‘TG’ the City Fan

◦He is definitely a businessman first and a football fan second. If the deal is not there, he won’t make emotional decisions that are contrary to any positive business case. He also has corporate governance in place within his own organisation that will challenge any deal that doesn’t stack up.
◦However, he is definitely a fan. Sunday’s game between Cardiff City and Swansea City reinforced his commitment. Given the relatively short period of time he has been involved with the club, he is remarkably well informed.
◦TG revealed there were issues about the way the deal was being handled before Christmas but decided not to walk away because of his affinity to the club and the potential to make a deal.
◦He is not the type of potential investor we’ve seen previously who is keen to hog the limelight. If he has something to say, he’ll say it, if not he’ll say nothing – a good example is from the game against Swansea. He was asked by the press to comment on the win, he refused on the basis that it was Dave Jones’ day and the team’s day and not his. He was genuinely pleased that he could find no reference to him in any of the many Sunday papers in front of him that reported on the Swansea game. Another example is that until the Trust issued a press release, there were significant elements of the South Wales press that did not know he was returning to South Wales at Easter.
Conclusion

◦It is clear that a deal to secure the financial future of the club is not yet in place.
◦We believe, having met the man and entered into several e-mail exchanges, that TG has the will and financial acumen to help take the club forward. We believe him to be credible. We have agreed to stay close over the coming weeks.
◦Tim Hartley has made clear the support of the Trust as a ‘critical friend’ in the weeks ahead. The Trust will not, however, give unquestioning support.
Tim Hartley, Chairman of Cardiff City Supporters’ Trust, said: “We were delighted that TG took time out of his very busy schedule to talk to the Trust.

“He appreciated that the Trust was a democratically elected set up to speak on behalf of the fans while it gave the Trust an insight into TG and his interest in Cardiff City. It is clear that a deal to secure the financial future of the club is not yet in place although we remain very hopeful that agreement can be reached.

“We did agree to remain in contact with TG over the coming crucial weeks in the future of Cardiff City.”

same old thing here carl
it was an informal discussion between tg and two trust members.
ask them if they had anyones permission to put it on the message board.
i have been told that they e.mailed a copy of the statement to see if it was ok to make it public knowledge but posted it before anyone had a chance to reply.
little tip here for future reference private conversations with tg are meant to be kept private he does not like his conversations being put in the public domain(something the riddler has learnt hence his silence these days).

people need be more careful Steve and being an informal meeting then I dont think was wise of them to have made things public.

Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:52 pm

since62 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:Sludge thank you for bringing this to our attention and it would seem to be in line with what I said yesterday regarding Sam coming over later this month.

Can everyone remember that Sludge only brought the message to the board and as far as I know is not a trust representative but an ordinary member, who seems quite happy to answer any queries but is not responsible for the trusts actions.

Claude, with regards to 'our leader' I am sure everyone on this msgboard has their own mind and posts because of what they believe in and not to copy another, and as for the march maybe you need to remember that it was in fact 'the rhooster' who organised the march and the scarves idea I take some credit for and another poster here, who's name escapes me but it certainly was not ' our leader '.

On a personal note I am glad that the Trust has dialogue with TG and hopefully trust members will know the full outcome of this meeting in due course.

Has Sam been having a general ring around fans he knows Carl?

I only ask as he phoned me this morning from the Lebanon and I certainly don`t know him well enough or as well as others do to prompt a call just to me.

He sounded in good health and seemed confident that the Malaysian takeover deal will happen as soon as a deal can be finalised with the major creditors - I presume he is coming to the UK to try and finalise the Langston bit and his Rudgwick shares.

Keith

Sam has been phoning around Keith and he is very confident that the deal will be done this month and you assume correctly about Sam's intentions and plans for coming over this month.

Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:40 pm

Do you think Sam will get to see a game at the new stadium on his visit? would be great to see him back :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:43 pm

Hiya mate! Alright? wrote:Do you think Sam will get to see a game at the new stadium on his visit? would be great to see him back :ayatollah:
that would be awesome i wonder what reception he would get?

Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:16 am

I know I'll stir up a few hornets here but what the hell does the Trust mean by saying it is
going to be a 'critical friend' to TG over the coming weeks.

That statement vastly overstates its worth surely.

Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:42 am

we all know what happened with sam

arrived in a blaze of glory

all of us got over excited

and when things started to become clear , the he was spending money we simply didnt have and was running down a blind alley it was all too late

and critisism of sam was put down as people trying to undermine things

fans on each others backs

still goes on now of course, pathetic if you ask me

when , if we are all being honest , he simply made silly mistakes with money and it ended up coming to a halt ..and we could easily have got relegated , with huge debts , at the end of just our second season

I think the trust statement , and this is just my opinion ,is basically saying lets be calm, lets not run around thinking that the club has suddenly found a new saviour .....we aint been taken over yet !!.....and lets work with TG and have input into things

not input in terms of finance ..all of here and on various messageboards and fans who watch the team are just that , fans ......but if a takeover does happen then perhaps we can be in a position of being talked to on issues

for example ..I think if for example TG took over and suddenly we saw an increase of match day ticket prices ..thats unlikely to happen ..but if it did then maybe it would be far better if we could have proper discussions with the club instead of what we have had in the past ?

or TG thinks we should scrap the premier club ?...or wans more day tickets sold here .....in the area .......................................................................................is this good idea ..what do the fans think ?.....yes..?..superb ..no ?......why not ..etc

or if TG wants input and ideas over the commercial side of things ..hes a businessman of course ..but may want ideas on the local situation ..

who knows ?

on the grand scale of course , all of us are united by fate ......if someone buys a football club then it can sometimes by " my way of the highway " ..but I doubt very much that will be the case in this instance

Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:43 am

bluebirdbaz wrote:
Hiya mate! Alright? wrote:Do you think Sam will get to see a game at the new stadium on his visit? would be great to see him back :ayatollah:
that would be awesome i wonder what reception he would get?

not for me

hes splits opinion

Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:56 am

No, Sludge, the Trust statement is basically "look at us, we're really important".

Which they aren't.

Not in the slightest.

IF it's true the Trust statement was released without TG approving details said in confidence in an informal meeting, then it reflects badly on whoever released said statement. Like the PMG attack, another case of shooting themselves in the foot.

Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:53 am

well again you and I both know that you have an agenda against the trust which has been around since day 1

anything that is done by the trust is subjected to nit picking and critisism by you and always has been

its your right to do so , but I aint fooled, I know the score

" if its true " etc etc ...rumours based on heresay ...par for the course really..

you think the trust isnt important ..as if the people who have signed up to join give a toss about importance ..I dont ..I want a decent voice for the fans

and of course the views of most trust members I speak to is totally different from your view ( not a member ) and think that the statements made by the trust over the last few months have been just about right

what you are doing here nerd is precisley what you accuse the trust of doing ..you are making statements on here as if they are the views of city fans ..the trust has shot itself in the foot again etc etc ...shooting themselves in the foot etc

those are your individual view nerd and are based upon whispers and assumptions

I like a laugh me but I aint as dull as I pretend to be

Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:04 am

carlccfc wrote:
steve davies wrote:
carlccfc wrote:Better still, stay here now that you are already :lol:

Cardiff City Supporters’ Trust Chairman Tim Hartley and board member Anthony Wedlake have met potential Cardiff City Football Club investor Dato’ Chan Tien Ghee (TG).

The meeting areas covered were potential future investment in the club, potential future strategies and TG’s affinity and commitment to Cardiff City Football Club.

Investment

◦Any investment is NOT conditional on CCFC reaching the Premiership this season.
◦The final pieces of the ‘jigsaw’ are still to be finalised. Discussions are progressing with all key stakeholders (by stakeholders, we believe, that they would include PMG, key directors and other important creditors).
◦It should be seen as extremely positive that prominent directors have put their own money into the club to cover immediate expenses (e.g. the players’ wages) that have fallen due. The payments were unlikely to have been made without progress being made as part of the wider efforts to increase investment.

◦TG believes that there are major costs that the club has incurred in previous financial years that need not be repeated in future financial years.
◦He also believes that the club is not fulfilling its current potential for additional revenue streams (e.g. conferencing).
◦Having a major Malaysian investor in the club opens up key parts of the football mad Far East to revenue generating opportunities that are currently only available to the top English Premiership clubs – that’s not to say we’d raise the same amount of revenue as these clubs, but we’d be able to leverage the potential.
‘TG’ the City Fan

◦He is definitely a businessman first and a football fan second. If the deal is not there, he won’t make emotional decisions that are contrary to any positive business case. He also has corporate governance in place within his own organisation that will challenge any deal that doesn’t stack up.
◦However, he is definitely a fan. Sunday’s game between Cardiff City and Swansea City reinforced his commitment. Given the relatively short period of time he has been involved with the club, he is remarkably well informed.
◦TG revealed there were issues about the way the deal was being handled before Christmas but decided not to walk away because of his affinity to the club and the potential to make a deal.
◦He is not the type of potential investor we’ve seen previously who is keen to hog the limelight. If he has something to say, he’ll say it, if not he’ll say nothing – a good example is from the game against Swansea. He was asked by the press to comment on the win, he refused on the basis that it was Dave Jones’ day and the team’s day and not his. He was genuinely pleased that he could find no reference to him in any of the many Sunday papers in front of him that reported on the Swansea game. Another example is that until the Trust issued a press release, there were significant elements of the South Wales press that did not know he was returning to South Wales at Easter.
Conclusion

◦It is clear that a deal to secure the financial future of the club is not yet in place.
◦We believe, having met the man and entered into several e-mail exchanges, that TG has the will and financial acumen to help take the club forward. We believe him to be credible. We have agreed to stay close over the coming weeks.
◦Tim Hartley has made clear the support of the Trust as a ‘critical friend’ in the weeks ahead. The Trust will not, however, give unquestioning support.
Tim Hartley, Chairman of Cardiff City Supporters’ Trust, said: “We were delighted that TG took time out of his very busy schedule to talk to the Trust.

“He appreciated that the Trust was a democratically elected set up to speak on behalf of the fans while it gave the Trust an insight into TG and his interest in Cardiff City. It is clear that a deal to secure the financial future of the club is not yet in place although we remain very hopeful that agreement can be reached.

“We did agree to remain in contact with TG over the coming crucial weeks in the future of Cardiff City.”

same old thing here carl
it was an informal discussion between tg and two trust members.
ask them if they had anyones permission to put it on the message board.
i have been told that they e.mailed a copy of the statement to see if it was ok to make it public knowledge but posted it before anyone had a chance to reply.
little tip here for future reference private conversations with tg are meant to be kept private he does not like his conversations being put in the public domain(something the riddler has learnt hence his silence these days).

people need be more careful Steve and being an informal meeting then I dont think was wise of them to have made things public.

two elected members of the board

not just two members

we have had lots of meetings over the years between fans, fans groups and people at the club

and they were often made public

Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:26 am

Investment

‘TG’ the City Fan

Conclusion

“We did agree to remain in contact with TG over the coming crucial weeks in the future of Cardiff City.”[/

not just two members

we have had lots of meetings over the years between fans, fans groups and people at the club

and they were often made public[/quote][/quote][/quote]

the thing here paul is i see the trust doing the same things as people on this board are accused of regarding knowledge and being in the know

going over old ground regarding the pmg thing if people had actually approached paul guy or steve borley first then i think the joint statement might not have gone to press but people got excited over illegally gained information in my opinion and decided to go ahead without even giving people the right to reply.
There were enough trust and non trust members posting messages of disgust when the chairmans e.mail account had been hacked.

with regards dato's meeting with the two elected trust members it was an informal meeting and i can tell you he was not aware it was going to be put into the public domain.
i know that the trust did e.mail him with a copy of the proposed statement but posted it anyway before it could be replied to.
i would have understood if it had been discussed at the next trust meeting but why did it get posted on a messageboard before getting permission.

The upshot of all this is that when dato takes the reigns i think all these particular avenue's of information will be closed down and people can then revert to discussing the merits of black sabbath and whats for lunch

Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:11 pm

Sludge wrote:well again you and I both know that you have an agenda against the trust which has been around since day 1

anything that is done by the trust is subjected to nit picking and critisism by you and always has been

Should the Trust activities not be scrutinised? Or do I have to pay them to have that right?

" if its true " etc etc ...rumours based on heresay ...par for the course really..

Comments have been made about the Trust. Since they remain unproven, I referred to "if it's true". Which is the logical thing to do, no?

you think the trust isnt important ..as if the people who have signed up to join give a toss about importance ..I dont ..I want a decent voice for the fans

It's neither though, Sludge.

Say Tien Ghee brings in something the Trust and it's members, a subset of the City fanbase don't like - and I mean, really don't like - what will the trust do? Write a really strong letter, no doubt blaming Paul Guy? Twiddle thumbs in a particularly annoyed manner?

Decent voice for fans? Were members asked for their views with regards to the attack on PMG? You tell me Sludge - how do you or the great and good of the Trust know exactly how deals have been going on? What if, for example, Tien Ghee and PMG got on well. Would Tien Ghee have been impressed by the statement? Could that have scuppered any deal?

The answer is no. why? Because Tien Ghee is a businessman. I'm sure ANY fans input onto improving things would be welcomed, but he and others involved have their own plan.

and of course the views of most trust members I speak to is totally different from your view ( not a member ) and think that the statements made by the trust over the last few months have been just about right

Most you speak to. Which isn't the entire membership. It also of course relies upon ordinary members bein fed accurate information by officials.

what you are doing here nerd is precisley what you accuse the trust of doing ..you are making statements on here as if they are the views of city fans ..the trust has shot itself in the foot again etc etc ...shooting themselves in the foot etc

Wrong. I speak for myself, no-one else.

As indeed are Trust statements. Unless you're claiming the Trust have every single piece of documentary evidence available for say PMG. In which case would they like to name their source?

So you and Trust members are taking what you've been told on face value as accurate. Which may or may not be true, no?

Don't think you're dull, to have got away with knicker stealing for so long, you have to have an inate cunning...

Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:14 pm

Steve, what is your role at the club?

Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:13 pm

steve davies wrote:AND READ IT HERE ( taken from the trust website ) :

Investment

‘TG’ the City Fan

Conclusion

“We did agree to remain in contact with TG over the coming crucial weeks in the future of Cardiff City.”[/

not just two members

and they were often made public
[/quote][/quote]

the thing here paul is i see the trust doing the same things as people on this board are accused of regarding knowledge and being in the know

they had a meeting , the basics of what was discussed put out via the trust website

how on earth can that be said to be keeping things cosy ?

going over old ground regarding the pmg thing if people had actually approached paul guy or steve borley first then i think the joint statement might not have gone to press but people got excited over illegally gained information in my opinion and decided to go ahead without even giving people the right to reply.
There were enough trust and non trust members posting messages of disgust when the chairmans e.mail account had been hacked.

your opinion

with regards dato's meeting with the two elected trust members it was an informal meeting and i can tell you he was not aware it was going to be put into the public domain.
i know that the trust did e.mail him with a copy of the proposed statement but posted it anyway before it could be replied to.
i would have understood if it had been discussed at the next trust meeting but why did it get posted on a messageboard before getting permission.

TG has contacted you and said he was not aware that the general details of a meeting between him and the trust would be reported ?

The upshot of all this is that when dato takes the reigns i think all these particular avenue's of information will be closed down and people can then revert to discussing the merits of black sabbath and whats for lunch[/quote]

what makes you think that ?

Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:31 pm

nerd wrote:
Sludge wrote:well again you and I both know that you have an agenda against the trust which has been around since day 1

Should the Trust activities not be scrutinised? Or do I have to pay them to have that right?

you can do what you like nerd, I know the difference between genuine scrutiny and continual undermining

Comments have been made about the Trust. Since they remain unproven, I referred to "if it's true". Which is the logical thing to do, no?

well if you say " if its true " enough then people are going to join the bandwagon

the logical thing to do I think would be to see the trust as something postive and offer constructive critisism instead of having debates over the internet as though we are involved in the cold war

It's neither though, Sludge.

well unless everyone joins , 20000 of us , then its always goingto open to that accusation

its certainly not going to have much chance of being accepted if people like you snipe from the keyboard

Say Tien Ghee brings in something the Trust and it's members, a subset of the City fanbase don't like - and I mean, really don't like - what will the trust do? Write a really strong letter, no doubt blaming Paul Guy? Twiddle thumbs in a particularly annoyed manner?

twiddlethumbs ?

again its that silly immature approach that just debases any sensible debate , you have a habit of this

I listened to other childish critisism of the scarfes made by genuine city fans on the otehr board ..same sort of petty nonsense ...gets us nowhere

Decent voice for fans? Were members asked for their views with regards to the attack on PMG? You tell me Sludge - how do you or the great and good of the Trust know exactly how deals have been going on? What if, for example, Tien Ghee and PMG got on well. Would Tien Ghee have been impressed by the statement? Could that have scuppered any deal?

I am neither great nor good, I am a member of the trust , no more and if the trust board make a statement they have to be judged on the outcome , not on personal little games fought on over the internet

The answer is no. why? Because Tien Ghee is a businessman. I'm sure ANY fans input onto improving things would be welcomed, but he and others involved have their own plan.

I am offering no more than the suggestion that democratic supporters group have a place in modern football..are you suggesting the trust is toothless because we aint got a spare million quid to chuck about ?....i think that criteria would go for all of us !!

including you !

Most you speak to. Which isn't the entire membership. It also of course relies upon ordinary members bein fed accurate information by officials.

what inaccurate information is that then ?

Wrong. I speak for myself, no-one else.

well you certainly aint speaking for the 900 plus members of the trust ..thats for sure

you know very well that by shouting loud enough and continually

I am sure you would like to speak for more though

As indeed are Trust statements. Unless you're claiming the Trust have every single piece of documentary evidence available for say PMG. In which case would they like to name their source?

you better ask them nerd , I certainly wont be making comments on rumours, thats your game

So you and Trust members are taking what you've been told on face value as accurate. Which may or may not be true, no?

again , ask the trust , dont expect me to indulge in your games of rumour and hearsay , thats not my MO

Don't think you're dull, to have got away with knicker stealing for so long, you have to have an inate cunning...

no convictions , as yet

Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:37 pm

stan ogdens neck wrote:Steve, what is your role at the club?

i have no role at the club stan and it might look like im having a dig at the trust but people like annis and carl get criticised for putting bits and pieces on this board most of which is correct and some not.

what im trying to put across here is that in my opinion the trust has released two statements in the last few weeks which should not have been put into the public domain.
they were given the privilege of meeting dato and being able to discuss certain things regarding the club and went to the press to advertise the pre arranged meeting.
this was a private informal meeting and i can assure you that it was not meant to be put on message boards and distributed to the press.
the trust had no right to issue that statement without the express permission of dato.
they could of approached steve borley who was at the meeting and he would have certainly stopped the statement becoming public.
Vince was at that meeting and he would im sure agree that all conversations that dato has in private should remain private and not distributed to press outlets.
As i have stated earlier when dato takes control the little tit bits of information will dry up and organisations like the trust will be given no further opportunities to embarrass the heirachy

Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:44 pm

Sludge wrote:what makes you think that ?

Look at all the crap this has caused Sludge. I think a hush hush leadership is about to come on board. Besides the Malaysians comes from a society that works around such a system.

I look forward to see how TG and gang deal with the Trust. I cant see them being forward like the Ridsdale but then again I cant see them being a bunch of liars. The fans and trust are going ot enter into a time of honeymooning with our new owners. This will come to a quick end though then it will be down to business, us fans supporting the club and the new owners getting us stabilised. It will shortly be after that when probable some difficult questions will need to be asked. Lets hope we have a route for this such as a trust that will be up to it.

Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:01 pm

steve davies wrote:

i have no role at the club stan and it might look like im having a dig at the trust but people like annis and carl get criticised for putting bits and pieces on this board most of which is correct and some not.

what im trying to put across here is that in my opinion the trust has released two statements in the last few weeks which should not have been put into the public domain.
they were given the privilege of meeting dato and being able to discuss certain things regarding the club and went to the press to advertise the pre arranged meeting.
this was a private informal meeting and i can assure you that it was not meant to be put on message boards and distributed to the press.
the trust had no right to issue that statement without the express permission of dato.
they could of approached steve borley who was at the meeting and he would have certainly stopped the statement becoming public.
Vince was at that meeting and he would im sure agree that all conversations that dato has in private should remain private and not distributed to press outlets.
As i have stated earlier when dato takes control the little tit bits of information will dry up and organisations like the trust will be given no further opportunities to embarrass the heirachy

No role, but yet you know an awful lot thats going on? Have you had permission to post, what seems, information that would be privvy to a select few? What makes you think that the very people that would be none to pleased with the trust posting a statement on a public messageboard, would be ok with what you are posting?

Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:03 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:

Look at all the crap this has caused Sludge. I think a hush hush leadership is about to come on board. Besides the Malaysians comes from a society that works around such a system.

I look forward to see how TG and gang deal with the Trust. I cant see them being forward like the Ridsdale but then again I cant see them being a bunch of liars. The fans and trust are going ot enter into a time of honeymooning with our new owners. This will come to a quick end though then it will be down to business, us fans supporting the club and the new owners getting us stabilised. It will shortly be after that when probable some difficult questions will need to be asked. Lets hope we have a route for this such as a trust that will be up to it.

I think , with respect , the meeting was fine and the crap is being spread around and big issues are being made of things

its really no more than that

Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:04 pm

steve davies wrote:

the trust asked TG for a meeting

he agreed

and it seems it was very amicable

nothing more than that really

its all mountains out of molehills

Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:06 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:

I think the trust is up to it

individuals might not be in some peoples opinion

the answer is to vote them off if thats the view

or for peopel not to join a democratic supporters club and just moan all day long

Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:09 pm

steve davies wrote:

I fully agree with that and whilst I dont agree with everything on here I see the same old nonsense and nit picking remarks from all sides

it seems pathetic to me

Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:46 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Sludge wrote:
Martyn1963 wrote:I think the point thats been raised here is that there was a meeting but until today then the vast majority of CCFC fans didnt know about it , so maybe the profile of the Trust needs to be raised ? :ayatollah:

totally agree

but in some ways its catch 22

we need more members in order to spread the word that trusts are a good thing , whilst accpeting mistakes can be made and we need a boot up the arse

I think people are quite forgiving over mistakes provided those who make them stick their hands up and admit them. It is understandable that the Trust will make mistakes because it is still learning but it is how they react which holds the key.

For me increasing membership has to go hand in hand with a new pricing system. Even £12 is too much for an organisation which has yet to prove itself.

I think a flat rate £5 plus £1 for any additional family members would see a sigificant increase in numbers and renewals.

I think that ultimately the Trust will fail to win enough support purely because whoever they
lobby and whoever they meet with at CCFC will only ever tell them what they want to reach
the public domain. Its just another quango in my eyes. The trust will never be privy to sensitive
info about the club, and whats the point joining if you cant be told what your elected reps
have been discussing.. "trust us, its great news coming out soon" certainly wont wash. So if
they are only going to be told what the Club wants them to know... why not just read it on
the CCFC website?

The only real power football supporters will ever have is choice. They can choose to boycott games,
they can choose to boycott the food and drinks bars, they can choose not to buy season tickets.
Sadly for the trust, boycotts and protests are far more effective than a stern letter, and can be
organised within hours and reach thousands of supporters just by typing it on a messageboard

Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:37 pm

the critisisms you make of the trust are exactly the ones that were made of meetings between selected few fans in the past

I would hope that the trust is a chance to move away from that and also put an end to silly internet squabbles

after all , if the trust board doesnt appear to be doing what you want and is no more than a quango ( which generally are unelected bodies , unlike the trust ) , so I would argue against that view .....then you can vote em off !!

:ayatollah:

Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:52 pm

Mate. I disagree, but understand and respect the fact that you support the Trust, so I'll
leave it there :|