Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Trust Report On Meeting With TG

Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:57 pm

ridofrid wrote:Claude what the hell are you on about

Look at my original post where I asked one simple question and he took it onto himself to react the way he did.
He stated that this was the information that the trust agreed to be released.

again it was a reply to your question as to wether or not questions were asked about VT....I had no idea and suggested that if they did discuss that person then maybe , just maybe... TG didnt want it talked about in the press..very unlikely ..but its been turned by yourself into " the trust are witholding info !! ..its a secret club "

Then accuses me of asking KIM PHILBYesque questions. Hope this is not the standard of your representatives meeting with investors.

I am not a trust reprsentative , I feel sorry for the abuse they have to put up with

Look at the the thread between me and Sludge Claude.

he has

I have never posted anything critical of the trust so there is no history from my point of view Claude. Then you and Sludge bring up things like me having to ask permission and scarves and marches.

no I didnt

Why are you both so defensive, these are not methods that are going to encourage genuine supporters to join the trust.

Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:23 pm

Sludge wrote:
nerd wrote:
Sludge wrote:you can wabble on about the trust as much as you like but dont ever slag off the original sabbath line up

dio was a lung busting talent but if it wasnt for vivien campbell on guitar during his solo albums he would have sank like the swansea cork ferry

although I do like the sabbath mob rules album he worked on

you know this to be the way and the truth nerd

:ayatollah:

Original Sabbath released one good album - the debut one - rest came across as meh. Ozzy was entirely up his own arse - Iommi was the talent in the band. You know it.

Dio has always been GAWD regardless of the guitarists.

You know it, you believe it, you just won't say it for the sake of being contrary.

if you think volume 4 and the greats such as symptom of the universe are not essential in any metal collection then you are clearly off your cake

as a failed bassist geezer butler and bill ward had the best bottom end sound in the history of heavy rock

Don't disagree too much on Butler and Ward.

Symptom of the universe is indeed a great song, again, no denying.

Just always found vol 4 overrated, rest of albums tended to be patchy.

Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:46 pm

The "Live" album, Live at Last was truely shit.

I've got the guitar out at the moment and was trying to remember the paranoid solo then started reading this thread. I was never able to nail the sound of Iommi but in later years learned that he had lost the tops of his fingers in a work accident. I'm now going to cut the tops of my fingers off to see if I can truely nail that solo.

Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:56 pm

maggies boy is indeed correct

the accident made the tops of his fingers very stubby ..allowing him to cover more of the strings and get greater pressure on them than if he had normal soft finger tips

so he had that almost down tuned sound

Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:17 pm

Sludge thank you for bringing this to our attention and it would seem to be in line with what I said yesterday regarding Sam coming over later this month.

Can everyone remember that Sludge only brought the message to the board and as far as I know is not a trust representative but an ordinary member, who seems quite happy to answer any queries but is not responsible for the trusts actions.

Claude, with regards to 'our leader' I am sure everyone on this msgboard has their own mind and posts because of what they believe in and not to copy another, and as for the march maybe you need to remember that it was in fact 'the rhooster' who organised the march and the scarves idea I take some credit for and another poster here, who's name escapes me but it certainly was not ' our leader '.

On a personal note I am glad that the Trust has dialogue with TG and hopefully trust members will know the full outcome of this meeting in due course.

Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:19 pm

Sludge wrote:maggies boy is indeed correct

the accident made the tops of his fingers very stubby ..allowing him to cover more of the strings and get greater pressure on them than if he had normal soft finger tips

Did you ever play the ole guitar then Sludgey?

I must confess that the "wider" finger aspect hadn't crossed my mind. I'll cut another 14mm off see if that makes any difference. I don't have soft finger tips, come to think of it I don't have finger tips as I've cut them off now. Next hing you'll be telling me that Tony was right handed, :?

Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:30 pm

I am quite sure that you all have your own minds, although the amount of sychophancy on here does make me wonder some times!!!

I am very pleased to be put right about who organised the march and the scarves. Honest, i really am ;) ;)

Your final paragraph isn't a little dig is it, per chance?!!

Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:12 pm

Claude Blue wrote:I am quite sure that you all have your own minds, although the amount of sychophancy on here does make me wonder some times!!!

I am very pleased to be put right about who organised the march and the scarves. Honest, i really am ;) ;)

Your final paragraph isn't a little dig is it, per chance?!!

a dig at who and why Claude ?

it simply means what it says. ;)

Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:17 pm

i joined the trust, and no i dont follow our 'leader' ffs :lol: :lol:

Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:35 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:i joined the trust, and no i dont follow our 'leader' ffs :lol: :lol:

You just follow whoever you can monkeyface :ugeek:

Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:48 pm

carlccfc wrote:Sludge thank you for bringing this to our attention and it would seem to be in line with what I said yesterday regarding Sam coming over later this month.

Can everyone remember that Sludge only brought the message to the board and as far as I know is not a trust representative but an ordinary member, who seems quite happy to answer any queries but is not responsible for the trusts actions.

Claude, with regards to 'our leader' I am sure everyone on this msgboard has their own mind and posts because of what they believe in and not to copy another, and as for the march maybe you need to remember that it was in fact 'the rhooster' who organised the march and the scarves idea I take some credit for and another poster here, who's name escapes me but it certainly was not ' our leader '.

On a personal note I am glad that the Trust has dialogue with TG and hopefully trust members will know the full outcome of this meeting in due course.

carl , you are a gent

lets all move forward despite our differences

up the city !!!

Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:50 pm

nerd wrote:
bluebirdbaz wrote:i joined the trust, and no i dont follow our 'leader' ffs :lol: :lol:

You just follow whoever you can monkeyface :ugeek:
yes you are correct :D there arw a few that have recently been added to my hit list ;)

Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Willy the Wombat wrote:
Sludge wrote:maggies boy is indeed correct

Did you ever play the ole guitar then Sludgey?

I must confess that the "wider" finger aspect hadn't crossed my mind. I'll cut another 14mm off see if that makes any difference. I don't have soft finger tips, come to think of it I don't have finger tips as I've cut them off now. Next hing you'll be telling me that Tony was right handed, :?

bass mate

badly

we were called black panther

we didnt have many female fans at the gigs

I think being named after a mass murderer put them off

but in my defence I thought it was after the cat

Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Sludge wrote:
carlccfc wrote:Sludge thank you for bringing this to our attention and it would seem to be in line with what I said yesterday regarding Sam coming over later this month.

carl , you are a gent

lets all move forward despite our differences

up the city !!!

Thank you Sludge and I agree that we should/we can move forward together :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:56 pm

I haven't joined the trust but am a tad concerned that our leader is absent, where is the lone gunner these days? I haven't been able to form my own opinion for several days now without his wise advice. Looks like its the CCMB board for me as tomorrows anothers day but what socks do I choose? Will they match my "fair trade" trousers? Will someone accuse me of being rascist for wearing "allah" in my underpants.

I'm so worried, worried, worried.............. :(

Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:13 pm

Willy the Wombat wrote:

I haven't joined the trust but am a tad concerned that our leader is absent, where is the lone gunner these days? I haven't been able to form my own opinion for several days now without his wise advice. Looks like its the CCMB board for me as tomorrows anothers day but what socks do I choose? Will they match my "fair trade" trousers? Will someone accuse me of being rascist for wearing "allah" in my underpants.

I'm so worried, worried, worried.............. :(

Just sit tight Willy, Our Leader will return and with it he will guide us and show us the way :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:39 pm

In those we " Trust " eh ?? :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:42 pm

I started to read this thread hoping to read some positive news about the TG meeting but got bored half way through page one with petty arguing over trivialities. Can anyone fill me in if there was any good stuff mixed in as well or was it just more of the same :roll:

Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:43 pm

Hiya mate! Alright? wrote:I started to read this thread hoping to read some positive news about the TG meeting but got bored half way through page one with petty arguing over trivialities. Can anyone fill me in if there was any good stuff mixed in as well or was it just more of the same :roll:

more of the same :?

Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:45 pm

carlccfc wrote:
Hiya mate! Alright? wrote:I started to read this thread hoping to read some positive news about the TG meeting but got bored half way through page one with petty arguing over trivialities. Can anyone fill me in if there was any good stuff mixed in as well or was it just more of the same :roll:

more of the same :?

Thanks Carl, you've just saved me a good 20 mins there mate :lol:

Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:48 pm

The good news about the Trust representatives meeting with TG can be found on CCMB.

The statement is there in it's entirety. Go there and enjoy the facts.

Or stay here and sulk!

Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:08 pm

Better still, stay here now that you are already :lol:

AND READ IT HERE ( taken from the trust website ) :

Cardiff City Supporters’ Trust Chairman Tim Hartley and board member Anthony Wedlake have met potential Cardiff City Football Club investor Dato’ Chan Tien Ghee (TG).

The meeting areas covered were potential future investment in the club, potential future strategies and TG’s affinity and commitment to Cardiff City Football Club.

A summary of key points discussed during the meeting were:

Investment

◦Any investment is NOT conditional on CCFC reaching the Premiership this season.
◦The final pieces of the ‘jigsaw’ are still to be finalised. Discussions are progressing with all key stakeholders (by stakeholders, we believe, that they would include PMG, key directors and other important creditors).
◦It should be seen as extremely positive that prominent directors have put their own money into the club to cover immediate expenses (e.g. the players’ wages) that have fallen due. The payments were unlikely to have been made without progress being made as part of the wider efforts to increase investment.
Future Financial Strategy

◦TG believes that there are major costs that the club has incurred in previous financial years that need not be repeated in future financial years.
◦He also believes that the club is not fulfilling its current potential for additional revenue streams (e.g. conferencing).
◦Having a major Malaysian investor in the club opens up key parts of the football mad Far East to revenue generating opportunities that are currently only available to the top English Premiership clubs – that’s not to say we’d raise the same amount of revenue as these clubs, but we’d be able to leverage the potential.
‘TG’ the City Fan

◦He is definitely a businessman first and a football fan second. If the deal is not there, he won’t make emotional decisions that are contrary to any positive business case. He also has corporate governance in place within his own organisation that will challenge any deal that doesn’t stack up.
◦However, he is definitely a fan. Sunday’s game between Cardiff City and Swansea City reinforced his commitment. Given the relatively short period of time he has been involved with the club, he is remarkably well informed.
◦TG revealed there were issues about the way the deal was being handled before Christmas but decided not to walk away because of his affinity to the club and the potential to make a deal.
◦He is not the type of potential investor we’ve seen previously who is keen to hog the limelight. If he has something to say, he’ll say it, if not he’ll say nothing – a good example is from the game against Swansea. He was asked by the press to comment on the win, he refused on the basis that it was Dave Jones’ day and the team’s day and not his. He was genuinely pleased that he could find no reference to him in any of the many Sunday papers in front of him that reported on the Swansea game. Another example is that until the Trust issued a press release, there were significant elements of the South Wales press that did not know he was returning to South Wales at Easter.
Conclusion

◦It is clear that a deal to secure the financial future of the club is not yet in place.
◦We believe, having met the man and entered into several e-mail exchanges, that TG has the will and financial acumen to help take the club forward. We believe him to be credible. We have agreed to stay close over the coming weeks.
◦Tim Hartley has made clear the support of the Trust as a ‘critical friend’ in the weeks ahead. The Trust will not, however, give unquestioning support.
Tim Hartley, Chairman of Cardiff City Supporters’ Trust, said: “We were delighted that TG took time out of his very busy schedule to talk to the Trust.

“He appreciated that the Trust was a democratically elected set up to speak on behalf of the fans while it gave the Trust an insight into TG and his interest in Cardiff City. It is clear that a deal to secure the financial future of the club is not yet in place although we remain very hopeful that agreement can be reached.

“We did agree to remain in contact with TG over the coming crucial weeks in the future of Cardiff City.”

Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:30 am

carlccfc wrote:Better still, stay here now that you are already :lol:

AND READ IT HERE ( taken from the trust website ) :

Cardiff City Supporters’ Trust Chairman Tim Hartley and board member Anthony Wedlake have met potential Cardiff City Football Club investor Dato’ Chan Tien Ghee (TG).

The meeting areas covered were potential future investment in the club, potential future strategies and TG’s affinity and commitment to Cardiff City Football Club.

A summary of key points discussed during the meeting were:

Investment

◦Any investment is NOT conditional on CCFC reaching the Premiership this season.
◦The final pieces of the ‘jigsaw’ are still to be finalised. Discussions are progressing with all key stakeholders (by stakeholders, we believe, that they would include PMG, key directors and other important creditors).
◦It should be seen as extremely positive that prominent directors have put their own money into the club to cover immediate expenses (e.g. the players’ wages) that have fallen due. The payments were unlikely to have been made without progress being made as part of the wider efforts to increase investment.
Future Financial Strategy

◦TG believes that there are major costs that the club has incurred in previous financial years that need not be repeated in future financial years.
◦He also believes that the club is not fulfilling its current potential for additional revenue streams (e.g. conferencing).
◦Having a major Malaysian investor in the club opens up key parts of the football mad Far East to revenue generating opportunities that are currently only available to the top English Premiership clubs – that’s not to say we’d raise the same amount of revenue as these clubs, but we’d be able to leverage the potential.
‘TG’ the City Fan

◦He is definitely a businessman first and a football fan second. If the deal is not there, he won’t make emotional decisions that are contrary to any positive business case. He also has corporate governance in place within his own organisation that will challenge any deal that doesn’t stack up.
◦However, he is definitely a fan. Sunday’s game between Cardiff City and Swansea City reinforced his commitment. Given the relatively short period of time he has been involved with the club, he is remarkably well informed.
◦TG revealed there were issues about the way the deal was being handled before Christmas but decided not to walk away because of his affinity to the club and the potential to make a deal.
◦He is not the type of potential investor we’ve seen previously who is keen to hog the limelight. If he has something to say, he’ll say it, if not he’ll say nothing – a good example is from the game against Swansea. He was asked by the press to comment on the win, he refused on the basis that it was Dave Jones’ day and the team’s day and not his. He was genuinely pleased that he could find no reference to him in any of the many Sunday papers in front of him that reported on the Swansea game. Another example is that until the Trust issued a press release, there were significant elements of the South Wales press that did not know he was returning to South Wales at Easter.
Conclusion

◦It is clear that a deal to secure the financial future of the club is not yet in place.
◦We believe, having met the man and entered into several e-mail exchanges, that TG has the will and financial acumen to help take the club forward. We believe him to be credible. We have agreed to stay close over the coming weeks.
◦Tim Hartley has made clear the support of the Trust as a ‘critical friend’ in the weeks ahead. The Trust will not, however, give unquestioning support.
Tim Hartley, Chairman of Cardiff City Supporters’ Trust, said: “We were delighted that TG took time out of his very busy schedule to talk to the Trust.

“He appreciated that the Trust was a democratically elected set up to speak on behalf of the fans while it gave the Trust an insight into TG and his interest in Cardiff City. It is clear that a deal to secure the financial future of the club is not yet in place although we remain very hopeful that agreement can be reached.

“We did agree to remain in contact with TG over the coming crucial weeks in the future of Cardiff City.”

same old thing here carl
it was an informal discussion between tg and two trust members.
ask them if they had anyones permission to put it on the message board.
i have been told that they e.mailed a copy of the statement to see if it was ok to make it public knowledge but posted it before anyone had a chance to reply.
little tip here for future reference private conversations with tg are meant to be kept private he does not like his conversations being put in the public domain(something the riddler has learnt hence his silence these days).

Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:34 pm

Has Sam been having a general ring around fans he knows Carl?

I only ask as he phoned me this morning from the Lebanon and I certainly don`t know him well enough or as well as others do to prompt a call just to me.

He sounded in good health and seemed confident that the Malaysian takeover deal will happen as soon as a deal can be finalised with the major creditors - I presume he is coming to the UK to try and finalise the Langston bit and his Rudgwick shares.

Keith

Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:13 pm

Be interesting to see if Guy has already done a deal.

Some say yes, one says no.

Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:22 pm

nerd wrote:Be interesting to see if Guy has already done a deal.

Some say yes, one says no.

100% yes

Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:26 pm

I dont care as long as we move forward !

I couldnt give a fecking toss :ayatollah:

bluebirds !!

Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:58 pm

Sludge wrote:I dont care as long as we move forward !

I couldnt give a fecking toss :ayatollah:

what a crass attitude paul and typical of the kids of today :old:

bluebirds !!

Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:23 pm

:D

seriously though , its all too murky for my pea brain

just hope its all sorted out soon and we can get on with a brighter future

Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:59 pm

Sludge wrote::D

seriously though , its all too murky for my pea brain