Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

wembley

Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:24 pm

if we get to the play off finals at wembley you will have all the plastic supporters
coming out of the paint work and the last time they seen the city was at wembley
it makes me b*stard sick where wer they wen we been playing all season and trying to get
the atosmepher at the new stadium going

Re: wembley

Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:26 pm

it makes you sick but happens in every team. pity we have to put up with them but what else can we do.!

Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 pm

sleepers wrote:if we get to the play off finals at wembley you will have all the plastic supporters
coming out of the paint work and the last time they seen the city was at wembley
it makes me b*stard sick where wer they wen we been playing all season and trying to get
the atosmepher at the new stadium going

Unfortunately this situation is inevitable, it will always happen no matter what team you support. It is annoying especially when success atracts fans from out of the woodwork, but what can be done about it, nothing really.

Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:03 pm

That is very true!! Bristol City fans made the same comments when they got to the play off finals. 40.000 of them and what is there average gate about 14000. Rovers the same who can pull the same amount to wembley and the Mill Stad but get an average 7000 at the Memorial. Its the same with every team up and down the land.
There are a lot of supporters who pick and choose the games they go to because of finances you can understand that.
You just have to persuade all those supporters to come down the CCS every week. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:15 pm

rob wrote:it makes you sick but happens in every team. pity we have to put up with them but what else can we do.!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rob with your profile pic - i had an idea of you on the ticket office door with ya gun ready n armed for proof of their attendances and love of the club - 101 Q's ! lol

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:31 pm

Jez wrote:
rob wrote:it makes you sick but happens in every team. pity we have to put up with them but what else can we do.!

Rob with your profile pic - i had an idea of you on the ticket office door with ya gun ready n armed for proof of their attendances and love of the club - 101 Q's ! lol

if they cant name the full squad they get a free ball of lead :D

Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:44 pm

rob wrote:
Jez wrote:

if they cant name the full squad they get a free ball of lead :D

All i want is my club to love me as much as i love it He said shoe shine shoe shine i said i cant no legs :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:58 pm

One of my Daughters first games was the Wembley Semi against Barnsley but as a result of that she has had a season ticket for the past 2 seasons travels to every home game from Swansea where she is in Uni and as also been to six away grounds to date.

So although a lot of people will be after Wembley tickets (If we get there?) and a lot of them will only turn up for the big games (Unless we get to the Premiership) some of these new fans will like my Daughter fall in love with the Club and start intending games regular.

If it was not for our FA Cup Final appearance i don't think we would be getting 20K plus crowds now?

Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:24 pm

blueheaven wrote:One of my Daughters first games was the Wembley Semi against Barnsley but as a result of that she has had a season ticket for the past 2 seasons travels to every home game from Swansea where she is in Uni and as also been to six away grounds to date.

So although a lot of people will be after Wembley tickets (If we get there?) and a lot of them will only turn up for the big games (Unless we get to the Premiership) some of these new fans will like my Daughter fall in love with the Club and start intending games regular.

If it was not for our FA Cup Final appearance i don't think we would be getting 20K plus crowds now?

Excellent post Chief !!

Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:36 pm

Worse thing is, the exiles like me which travels a lot and spends thousands of pounds each year will have to beg for a ticket </end of exile rant> lol :P

Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:59 am

blueheaven wrote:One of my Daughters first games was the Wembley Semi against Barnsley but as a result of that she has had a season ticket for the past 2 seasons travels to every home game from Swansea where she is in Uni and as also been to six away grounds to date.

Great post and what would the alternative be 19,000 loyal fans at Wembley?

The whole idea of big games like the FA Cup and Play Off Finals is to bring out the armchair support for one big day. From that the club may catch additional regular support which often gets overlooked.

Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:25 am

I wanna go to Wemberley again.....perlease!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: