Re: $$**___**THE MASTERS**___**$$

Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:40 pm

tiger woods all the way.

Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:29 am

whats that cumming over your wife its tiger woods its tiger woods :D

Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:19 am

Go for the players in form and those that know how to putt. I have no suggestions as such but I will be having a few quid each way on Rory Mcilroy and a 33/1 yank that jumps out at me. Better get it on as it will be starting in a few hours.

Woods is a brilliant Golfer but will he be ready given his lay off and even he will feel the pressure.

Oh and what about the coverage - I heard it starts at 9.00 UK time on the BBC. If it was Sky you would get to see every ball. Is the Masters one of the events that has too be on terrestial?

Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:23 am

I can't see Tiger Woods winning it to be honest. There's too much media scrutiny surrounding him. I think he'll come close mind.

Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:25 am

squashed grapes wrote:Go for the players in form and those that know how to putt. I have no suggestions as such but I will be having a few quid each way on Rory Mcilroy and a 33/1 yank that jumps out at me. Better get it on as it will be starting in a few hours.

Woods is a brilliant Golfer but will he be ready given his lay off and even he will feel the pressure.

Oh and what about the coverage - I heard it starts at 9.00 UK time on the BBC. If it was Sky you would get to see every ball. Is the Masters one of the events that has too be on terrestial?

I agree. I always go on current form and it often pays.
Anthony Kim won the recent Shell Houston Open with Charl Schwartzel beaten into 2nd in the play off. Erniel Els won the recent Arnold Palmer Invitational. He also won the WGC - CA Championship from Charl Schwartzel. Louis Ousthuizen won the recent Open De Andalucia and finished a close second in the Trophy Hassan 2.
So my punt will be :-

Ernie Els @ 16/1 with Paddy Power
Anthony Kim @ 40/1 with Paddy Power
Charl Schwartzel @ 50/1 with Paddy Power
Louis Oosthuizen @ 150/1 with Totesport

Forget Tiger Woods - I know he is a giant in the sport but has no recent competition to give him that edge. I may be wrong but I don't see him figuring this year.

Happy punting :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:52 am

Lee Westwood.

Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:06 pm

i wont be backing woods....

although, hes good in the rough,
he knows how to find the hole,
and is never short of a birdie or 2.....

that counts for alot :D :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:51 pm

I have gone £5 ew on lee westwood @20/1
and £5 ew on Ian Poulter @33/1

probably thrown my money away as I have a sneeky feeling Tiger Woods will win it. :D

Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:09 pm

els and fisher E/W for me.........

with

dream allience and mon mone for national........

outsider...mr pointment 100/1 ;)

Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:37 pm

Lee Westwood is an even bigger bottler than Tim Henman lads, you've wasted your money there! :D

Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:37 pm

Zabier wrote:Lee Westwood is an even bigger bottler than Tim Henman lads, you've wasted your money there! :D

henman a bottler, i wouldnt give him that much credit, id just say he was dogshit :lol: