Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Blue Prophets Take On The Malaysian Takeover

Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:54 pm

A few on here know a bit more than us masses. Anyone think this post rings true?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A66229077

Re: Blue Prophets Take On The Malaysian Takeover

Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:21 pm

hmmm.interesting reading. :geek:

Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:07 pm

rob wrote:hmmm.interesting reading. :geek:

depends on whether his contact is real or just an imaginary one, but it does seem heavily weighted in the Malaysians favour which sort of suggests we really are more in the poo than anyone thought.

Prem football would save the board but obviously they cannot even get to the end of the season and have therefore had to give away the golden egg that is the Premier League for nearly nothing.

Hope a deal is still on the cards if we stay down.

Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:46 pm

I've met Blue Prophet 3 times, and he's a genuine guy.
I'd believe anything he says to be true.

He has friends and relatives in high places.

Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:17 am

sounds good ................. so who is the Blue Prophet then ?? :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:31 am

can anyone tell me what he thinks as i cant get the link up,what are his points!!

Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:35 am

d20 wrote:can anyone tell me what he thinks as i cant get the link up,what are his points!!

it's a long un but here you go........

Heard a rumour from a normally reliable source, (and not my brothers mole)

Now I don't have any figures, but this guy has connections at the club (don't know who), and got a few inside tracks towards the end of the Sam Hamman era (The Earnie sale was one that comes to mind, and more recently he had the details of the Ramsey sale to Arsenal, including the price, and he knew about Chopra coming back, before either of those deals were common knowledge, so he has a pretty fair track record).

Anyway I can't guarantee this, but it has the ring of truth, so what do you lot think?

The Malaysians have an option to buy the club at a knockdown price for a premier club IF we get promoted...............Cardiff would probably treble in value (my words not his) if promoted, but the Malaysians get to pick the club up for a song (relatively), and this is what they get out of it.

Thats the price Cardiff City have to pay.

Should we fail to go up then the door is not shut, but they will obviously renegotiate the price (in their favour) to buy a championship club.

Apparently Dato Chan in Far Eastern business circles is known as "The Smiling Assasin".

This is the reason that Malaysian funds are being drip fed into the club, just enough to keep the Club going and no more.

The Malaysians want to wait until the end of the season to see exactly what they are buying and for how much........they know they have the club over a barrel, and no one has ever said they were stupid.

The bright side is that after pumping in a fair bit of cash (to you and me anyway) to keep the club afloat.......well come what may they are unlikely to walk away next season......the rumour is that they might do a Ken Bates, and buy championship Cardiff City for a £1.........but cover the debts, and reading between the lines (only my take on it BTW).......They are unlikely to pay a lot for a premier club, as they know without them we will struggle big time in the top tier.

So we have all wondered why the Malaysians were showing such great interest in what lets face it, is a club that is just about solvent but has a high level of debt.

So now we know (perhaps) whats in it for them.

The scenario where they pick up Cardiff City for peanuts, and invest (by modern standards) a small amount of money to either get us promoted, or establish us as a premiership club sounds real to me.

The question is what do they do then.......sell the club at a profit and move on......or stick with it and build it up?

I don't know, I don't think anyone does.

But I tell you what, now I know what could be in it for them, I'm more likely to believe in the investment,,,,,,,,,,very few people give something for nothing, and as a business plan it sounds feasible.

There could also be all sorts of tax write off implications that I don't pretend to know about, but now I can see something in it for them, well I feel more confident about the investment happening.

After all these guys didn't get to be rich by giving money away, and the culture in the Far East means that businessmen tend to take a more long term view than their Western counterparts..........they are not mugs, far from it; but they tend to want to build dynastys (forgive the pun) rather than being in it to make a quick buck.

I just hope that they decide to build one at Cardiff City......whichever method they use.

As I say nothing definite about this, but it's from a pretty good source and has the ring of truth......................your thoughts?

Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:45 am

cheers wayne,im in work so coulnt see it ,thanks for that....sounds fine to me as u say these people are good businessmen so there only gonna do it with a good plan and making sure they get something from it ,as long as the club gets run properly i dont care ,im fed up of us being in debt....looking forward to this happening as i thnk it,ll be good for the club,lets just hope it can get done and finalised soon.

Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:12 am

Ok... For what its worth...

I cannot see the sense in hanging on til after Cardiff City get promoted, because the club's
worth would massively increase, and with the guaranteed money from the Premier League,
and the big increase in season tickets etc the club would be back in the black near enough,
and the current incumbents would have a much stronger negotiating hand. Also, there may
well be interest from other investors should we get promoted.

I think whatever deal is going to be done over Cardiff City will be done and dusted by the
time we go back to HMRC. Unlike a Ridsdale 'we shook hands' shambles, the Malaysians will
have dotted the i's and crossed the t's before the seasons end. In one form or another!!!

At the moment TG holds absolutely every card, he's the only one pumping money in, he's the
only one showing any interest at all in buying the club. He is already walking around like the
owner. I strongly believe the club will be (to all intents and purposes) under new ownership
before seasons end

Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:50 am

Utopia !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 5th of may is looming !all we be unraveled than if not before. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:51 am

The theory that CCFC will only have tangible value if promoted to the EPL is certainly credible.

It also ties in with Ridsdale’s desperation to get promoted because he knows that’s the only way his shares will have any value.

Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:47 am

HMMMM - the court date 5th May - Play offs date 8th May :lol: :lol: :lol: any deal will have to be signed sealed and delivered before the 5th or we will be wound up. TG has played a blinder - full house, bingo, get in there - f**k off Ridsdale, I know your reading this :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: i.e 51% of the shares will be sold for next to nowt in relative terms before the 5th and Ridders will have to sell his for the same value :lol: :lol: :lol: and I have a sneaky feeling he will be sent up the road with no severence pay lol, no bonus and told take us to court if you can afford it and if you have time while dealing with your own personal financial issues :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:18 am

Why are we so cruel to Peter, we must never forget he took us to Wembley.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:30 am

taffyapple wrote:I cannot see the sense in hanging on til after Cardiff City get promoted, because the club's
worth would massively increase, and with the guaranteed money from the Premier League,
and the big increase in season tickets etc the club would be back in the black near enough,
and the current incumbents would have a much stronger negotiating hand. Also, there may
well be interest from other investors should we get promoted.

Remember we have to get to the end of the season first. The Malaysians are holding all the cards, they keep the club ticking over until the end of the season by putting in the odd million here and there, then if we go up they get the club on the cheap because the current board have had to sign up to it NOW.

The club cannot wait until promotion and then go "come and get it boys" because we would be in administration BEFORE the play-offs.

Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:01 pm

Good point Wayne. The Malaysians must already have the club by the bollocks for them
to throw money in like this. I daresay the other major shareholders are already in his
pocket. Best of all, Ridsdale is being frozen out, its quite public, and the final decision
on what he walks away with is probably out of his hands. Love it.

The reassuring thing is that TG has nothing to gain by pumping money into the club unless
he or his backers intend taking Cardiff City forward. It'll be at his pace, on his terms and
will be done professionally but I have no fears whatsoever that our club is going under.

Its quite a weird feeling this 'positive vibe' stuff, not sure I can get used to it, i feel uncomfortable :lol:

Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:03 pm

the malaysians wouldnt let that happen i think they,ll wait till the last possible moment then the deal will be announced ,theres no way after putting money in they,ll be prepared to lose it ,they know they have a great deal and will want it done before the date.

Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:12 pm

I completely agree. There is no way that the Malayasians would keep drip feeding the club to keep us going if they weren't pretty certain they were going to get something from the deal. If we go into Admin they would be at the end of a very long line of creditors and would have no hope of re-couping their money. A couple of things we can all agree on is they ain't stupid nor are they charity donators.

They have been very clever and, as far as I can see, very professional in how they have conducted this business transaction (make no mistake, that is what it is to them) and it does give you a strange sense of confidence for the future stability of the club :shock: :lol:

Now if the players can over perform and not only reach the play-offs but win through, that really would be dreamland ......... it couldn't happen ............ could it :? :shock: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:30 pm

A play-off final win.

No happy smiling back slapping peter Ridsdale within 100 miles of Wembley
cos he'd been fucked off a couple of weeks before.

IF CARLING MADE FOOTBALL FANTASIES EH? :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:38 pm

So really, an internet post with nothing definite, just supposition.

All of which even Stevie Wonder could see...