Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Football manager help

Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:31 pm

I need some help with FM2010.

Basically, my team is f*cking shit. I'm playing as Cardiff, but a 442 formation, with aaron ramsey and gael kakuta on loan. My tactics are that the defence are playing deep, so that they don't get caught by fast teams.

Chopra is the man who scores all my goals, with goals coming from my left and right wing regularly (kakuta and burke).

The problem is the fact that the opposition always destroys me and gets more goals than me. Almost every match.

Can anyone recommend formations/tactics that will get my team out of the shit state they are currently in?

Re: Football manager help

Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:38 pm

Resign :lol:

Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:53 pm

I played a 4-4-2 counter attack when I was Cardiff but I was 8th in the Championship with 10 games to go and Ridsdale sacked me. They then hired Rui Bento who took them down to the relegation battle in League Two before getting them back to League One and they didn't sack him!

I would recommend a cautious 4-4-2 though. Make sure your defence and keeper are solid and regular. Nothing worse than swapping the back four about. Hopefully with pacey wingers your counter attacking style should see Chopra get a few goals.

What's your entire starting eleven like?

Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:02 pm

Well McNaughton is injured (the b*stard), so it's a bit rocky.

GK - Marshall

DL - Fabiano (got him on a free)
DC - Hudson
DC - Gerrard
DR - Matthews/Quinn (not sure who to put here)

ML - Kakuta (Whitts is sold, might start again though and not sell him)
MC - Ledley
MC - Ramsey
MR - McCormack (Until Burke is fit again, he got injured)

ST - Chopra
ST - Bothroyd

Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:42 pm

I know the Matthews/ Quinn dilemma. Matthews is better in real life but I think Quinn's stats edge it in the game. Tough decision. Just try to get a couple more loan signings in as well. Bothroyd is ok but I think you can get a better striker. Send your assistant manager out on a loan report for a striker.

I've also been involved in a Football Manager fan site but recently reduced my involvement due to time constraints. www.fm-view.com.

Check out the forums. We have a few Cardiff fans there, a couple of tidy Jacks plus a vast array of other fans from all over the place so if you play FM you'll love it.

Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:44 pm

i find my FM2010 is alot slower than FM2009 i cnt seem to get into FM2010, also on fm09 i can permantly take off tv mode( as in i just watch the overview) is there anyway of doing tha on fm2010 ???????????

Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:57 pm

Dafydd wrote:I need some help with FM2010.

Basically, my team is f*cking shit. I'm playing as Cardiff, but a 442 formation, with aaron ramsey and gael kakuta on loan. My tactics are that the defence are playing deep, so that they don't get caught by fast teams.

Chopra is the man who scores all my goals, with goals coming from my left and right wing regularly (kakuta and burke).

The problem is the fact that the opposition always destroys me and gets more goals than me. Almost every match.

Can anyone recommend formations/tactics that will get my team out of the shit state they are currently in?

In the championship - the 4-1-4-1 and diamond formation always work well using the right players. Give it a bash and report back!

Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:01 pm

Don't know if this stil works but set up an additional player account go for Man U, Barcelona, Slivenaneecha, etc then sell/loan your players to Cardiff using the "crap" players as make weights.

The games are loaded against you though, I tried to annilate AFC Wimbledon but failed, selling everyone except the youth team didn't work, the most despised team in the whole of the world got better. :shock:

Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:12 pm

Merlin wrote:
In the championship - the 4-1-4-1 and diamond formation always work well using the right players. Give it a bash and report back!

Cheers - I'll give it a go.

Willy the Wombat wrote:Don't know if this stil works but set up an additional player account go for Man U, Barcelona, Slivenaneecha, etc then sell/loan your players to Cardiff using the "crap" players as make weights.

The games are loaded against you though, I tried to annilate AFC Wimbledon but failed, selling everyone except the youth team didn't work, the most despised team in the whole of the world got better. :shock:

I don't really want to do this, because I get carried away and then transfer players like Rooney to my team.

Zabier wrote:I know the Matthews/ Quinn dilemma. Matthews is better in real life but I think Quinn's stats edge it in the game. Tough decision. Just try to get a couple more loan signings in as well. Bothroyd is ok but I think you can get a better striker. Send your assistant manager out on a loan report for a striker.

I've also been involved in a Football Manager fan site but recently reduced my involvement due to time constraints. www.fm-view.com.

Check out the forums. We have a few Cardiff fans there, a couple of tidy Jacks plus a vast array of other fans from all over the place so if you play FM you'll love it.

I've signed up to the site, cheers :)