Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

COUNTING THE COST

Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:39 pm

The club has recieved a bill from South Wales Police for £48,000 for policing the Swansea game.

The police had 6 PS units on this game alone at the cost of £8k per unit.To put that into comparison, there was 1 PS unit for the 'Boro game and there will not be one for the Reading game and for 9/10 games at CCS there is never one.

At Ninian there was always on average 2 PS units.

There were a total of 22 seats ripped out in the away end at the game and there was also the damage that we have all seen in the toilet blocks under the away stand.

Swansea City FC will NOT be billed for the damage as We did NOT pay them for the damage caused at the Liberty stadium in November last year.

On a sidenote for the first time in 20 or so years the club had a zero police bill for a game which was against Derby fc, it was fully policed by our stewards.

Re: COUNTING THE COST

Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:42 pm

Those Thames Valley Police mobile fence units (and whatever was inside the vans, horses?) would have cost a few euros I'm sure..Should have just hired the Met Police firearms unit and shot the jerks, would have the government thousands in benefit payments :?

Its a joke sludge!!

Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:50 pm

I think the damage in the toilets was minimal to be honest, just looked bad with all the shit and piss everywhere.

What's a PS?

Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:54 pm

police did there job, there was no trouble between fans, considering the GREAT (stupid) kick off time, i reckon 48k isnt to bad!!

as for our stewards policing the games, it can only be a good thing and proves we are angelic really ;)

some of our stewards think there foooking police anyway the way they march about in the ninian stand.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:57 pm

I agree, the police bill for the Jacks game is actually a lot lower than I anticipated. I was ready for close to a six figure sum in all honesty!

The fact we needed no policing for the Derby game is amazing. Shows how far we've come as a club.

Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:00 pm

it is amazing

and last season against ipswich

many years ago ..trouble

as it was trouble free despite being well and truly thumped by a team with nowt to play for ....

Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:44 pm

wait..............till........................if we dont go up...........................and...................MILLWALL GO UP :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:03 pm

Question is where we gonna get the money from to pay for it?