Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

My Malaysian Scenario

Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:59 am

Buy the club for a little as possible, possibly 5p a share, buying shares off PMG, Paul Guy, Mike Hall, Alan Whitely, Steve Borley, Sam Hammam.The club issue new shares available, giving the Malaysians the 51% required for them to use the 'Drag on' option.

Using the Drag on they then sell the 51% of shares to another named company ( themselves ) for a reduced price, maybe even a nominal fee, and the other 49% of shareholders, including Peter Ridsdale, get very little if not nothing for the shares.

The Malaysians then use the money saved by doing this to pay off the tax bill therefore removing any threat of administration.

Then start with the running of the club, remove those who are simply not required and also receiving huge salaries.

Deal with the creditors and start reducing our debts to a far more affordable level, lets start living within our means.

Re: My Malaysian Scenario

Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:28 am

Whats happened to the money from the land sale,wasn't that supposed to pay the tax bill,or has that tw*t trousered that as well.

Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:40 am

There is paperwork from Companies House which indicates that there are 16 million unsold shares in CCFC Holdings, although I have never been able to officially get this confirmed but the spare capacity would explain why Ridsdale's & Harris' shares suddenly appeared from nowhere.

Therefore Carl's senario could work as the Malaysians could buy these shares at the going rate (using money already invested with extra cash if needed) and all the proceeds would go into the club and not to individual shareholders.

The extra capacity represents 28% of club shares and if they then buy up PMG/Rudwick/Borley/Whiteley etc they would be in a position to use the drag on option.

Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:41 am

BillyGoat Gruff wrote:Whats happened to the money from the land sale,wasn't that supposed to pay the tax bill,or has that tw*t trousered that as well.

The money from the House of Sport went towards paying off part of the debt owed by the club to Steve Borley.

£1million of the money from the Hotel Land sale went towards paying the taxman.

The Tax bill is £400k every month.

Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:43 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:There is paperwork from Companies House which indicates that there are 16 million unsold shares in CCFC Holdings, although I have never been able to officially get this confirmed but the spare capacity would explain why Ridsdale's & Harris' shares suddenly appeared from nowhere.

Therefore Carl's senario could work as the Malaysians could buy these shares at the going rate (using money already invested with extra cash if needed) and all the proceeds would go into the club and not to individual shareholders.

The extra capacity represents 28% of club shares and if they then buy up PMG/Rudwick/Borley/Whiteley etc they would be in a position to use the drag on option.

Yes Tony and I would like to think that certain people get very little or possibly nothing for their shares. Evil of me but hey ho, some folk have shown they have no moral conscience and that has made me bitter.

Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:56 am

carlccfc wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:There is paperwork from Companies House which indicates that there are 16 million unsold shares in CCFC Holdings, although I have never been able to officially get this confirmed but the spare capacity would explain why Ridsdale's & Harris' shares suddenly appeared from nowhere.

Yes Tony and I would like to think that certain people get very little or possibly nothing for their shares. Evil of me but hey ho, some folk have shown they have no moral conscience and that has made me bitter.

Then Carl we are singing from the same 'evil' hymn sheet ;) :lol:

Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:27 am

carlccfc wrote:
BillyGoat Gruff wrote:Whats happened to the money from the land sale,wasn't that supposed to pay the tax bill,or has that tw*t trousered that as well.

The money from the House of Sport went towards paying off part of the debt owed by the club to Steve Borley.

Which hasnt been paid, hence the debt of £1.9m still remaining (plus another £400k or so from March)

Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:34 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

Which hasnt been paid, hence the debt of £1.9m still remaining (plus another £400k or so from March)

I would think that the Malaysians will settle all the creditors in due time.

Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:33 am

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:13 am

The Tax bill is £400k every month.[/quote]

Which hasnt been paid, hence the debt of £1.9m still remaining (plus another £400k or so from March)[/quote]

I would think that the Malaysians will settle all the creditors in due time.[/quote]

Hope so Carl.
Its been a long 4 months since the shit hit the fan.

Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:06 am

carlccfc wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

I would think that the Malaysians will settle all the creditors in due time.

As I stated in the last line above the Malysians have already started paying off the smaller creditors :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:08 am

Eddie May wrote:true carl they have been paying them and are now in to well over £1.5 mill.

Yes Eddie and it shows their intent :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:31 am

I would think that the Malaysians will settle all the creditors in due time.[/quote]

As I stated in the last line above the Malysians have already started paying off the smaller creditors :ayatollah:[/quote]

Excellent, and IMHO its a sensible approach. I always think its better to pay 20 small creditors than 1 big one.

Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:39 pm

carlccfc wrote:Buy the club for a little as possible, possibly 5p a share, buying shares off PMG, Paul Guy, Mike Hall, Alan Whitely, Steve Borley, Sam Hammam.The club issue new shares available, giving the Malaysians the 51% required for them to use the 'Drag on' option.

Using the Drag on they then sell the 51% of shares to another named company ( themselves ) for a reduced price, maybe even a nominal fee, and the other 49% of shareholders, including Peter Ridsdale, get very little if not nothing for the shares.

The Malaysians then use the money saved by doing this to pay off the tax bill therefore removing any threat of administration.

Then start with the running of the club, remove those who are simply not required and also receiving huge salaries.

Deal with the creditors and start reducing our debts to a far more affordable level, lets start living within our means.

the club will be issuing new shares the end of this month carl

Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:44 pm

Will these shares be available to buy??

Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:53 pm

croesybluebird wrote:Will these shares be available to buy??

yes they will but i dont know at what price yet.
im going to offer ridsdale a nine pound note, two sherbet dips and a lucky bag for his first though

Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:56 pm

:shock: That much!!!!

Seriously, if shares do become available I would like to buy a few.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:42 am

carlccfc wrote:Buy the club for a little as possible, possibly 5p a share, buying shares off PMG, Paul Guy, Mike Hall, Alan Whitely, Steve Borley, Sam Hammam.The club issue new shares available, giving the Malaysians the 51% required for them to use the 'Drag on' option.

Carl

Have you been reading my posts again? :D

I thought it was only me that bored people with financial figures and estimates of how much it will take the consortium behind TG to take over the club.

Any more of this and you will be accused of being a boring old financial fart like me :old: :ayatollah:

By the way , I am still sticking to my original estimate of £20m to acquire all the shares and make the club debt free.Then a further sum to fund the club`s working capital until more season tickets are sold for mext year and the Premier Club scheme is sorted out properly.

Probably will be some deals done by way of bonuses to the current stakeholders if (I should say when) we are promoted to the Premiership.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:35 pm

What date are we looking at for the takeover to be complete ?