Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

THE SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY HOME GAME

Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:01 pm

Looks like being a Nearly Sell out(AT LAST), Them Bringing 2,000 and needing to stay up and us ON THE UP :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Will we get Revenge for last Season, Sorry Sheffield Sam,but I have a bad feeling for your lot on that day as a lot of Fans havent forgot last Season and even if Already in Play off s they will want to Beat your lot.

Re: THE SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY HOME GAME

Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:15 pm

let's hope we can cement a place in the play off's next saturday . don't want to go into the sheff game knowing we need to win !

and the last time we played wednesday on the last game of the season those buggers had more fans than us !!!

how times have changed :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:26 pm

We have already talked about this to Sam. He is prepared for the backlash from us and will be sitting with the Sheff Wed fans at the game.

Sorry Sam but it looks like my prediction failed at the first hurdle.

Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:52 pm

Never forget Sheff wed coming to Ninain in the 80s when they were on the promotion trail.

Great support. Had all the Grange and made a racket.

They deserve better than Div 1 football.

Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:04 pm

Hopefully me and 2 of my boys will be there! Hope this time that the club shop has baby stuff in it.

Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:06 pm

I think we are the only supporters thats took ninian and we went on the pitch as well did'nt we Annis??? ;)
10,000 + they were the days!!!! I was one of them!!!! :D
Looks grim for us when we play the City but we all know it ain't over till the fat lady sings!!!!! :roll:
Ive been to nearly all your home games and 4 away games including the Newcastle blip!And supported you till the final whistle!
Im Wednesday till i die and im going with my clubs supporters and we will sell the away end out and sing our hearts out till the end!
What ever happens we are a BIG CLUB with BIG SUPPORT! They will never take it awayfrom us!!!

WEDNESDAY TILL I DIE!!!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:07 pm

RobP wrote:Never forget Sheff wed coming to Ninain in the 80s when they were on the promotion trail.

They brought 10,000, They were on the pitch at the end of the game, I got on there and hated them being on our pitch but there were thousands on there.

Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:08 pm

sam salim wrote:I think we are the only supporters thats took ninian and we went on the pitch as well did'nt we Annis??? ;)
Looks grim for us when we play the City but we all know it ain't over till the fat lady sings!!!!! :roll:
Ive been to nearly all your home games and 4 away games including the Newcastle blip!And supported you till the final whistle!
Im Wednesday till i die and im going with my clubs supporters and we will sell the away end out and sing our hearts out till the end!
What ever happens we are a BIG CLUB with BIG SUPPORT! They will never take it awayfrom us!!!

Fair Play to you Sam and Newcastle was a blip ;)

Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:12 pm

As the saying say's "It's grim up north"!!!! :(
But we alway's give us all and stick together through the bad times!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:14 pm

Sam, you certainly did take over Our Ground, in All my years only Sheffield Wednesday and Sunderland have brought 10,000 Fans and you lot took Our Pitch at the end against My will :lol:

Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:16 pm

sam salim wrote:I think we are the only supporters thats took ninian and we went on the pitch as well did'nt we Annis??? ;)

Credit to you Sam for your support of Cardiff City, have seen you many times today included, i sat same row as you to your left on the end of the aisle, should have introduced myself. :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:21 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Sam, you certainly did take over Our Ground, in All my years only Sheffield Wednesday and Sunderland have brought 10,000 Fans and you lot took Our Pitch at the end against My will :lol:

I don't think i will try it this time!!! Im a little old for that!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
We are old enough to know footballs a cruel game,but its swings and roundabouts!
hopefully enough i hope lucks on our side.But i said before christmas Annis that i thought we were doomed! :cry:
If we go down it goes on our performance over the season, just like the City last season!
Just seems ironic that revenge can happen to us! But i hope it does'nt!!!!! :(

Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:23 pm

nobby wrote:

Credit to you Sam for your support of Cardiff City, have seen you many times today included, i sat same row as you to your left on the end of the aisle, should have introduced myself. :ayatollah:

no problem Nobby! I hope im sat next to you next season watching premiership football!!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:24 pm

sam salim wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Sam, you certainly did take over Our Ground, in All my years only Sheffield Wednesday and Sunderland have brought 10,000 Fans and you lot took Our Pitch at the end against My will :lol:

I don't think i will try it this time!!! Im a little old for that!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
We are old enough to know footballs a cruel game,but its swings and roundabouts!
hopefully enough i hope lucks on our side.But i said before christmas Annis that i thought we were doomed! :cry:
If we go down it goes on our performance over the season, just like the City last season!

Yes Sam, you said it before Xmas, I really hope it does not happen for you and such a Great Club.

Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:25 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
sam salim wrote:

Yes Sam, you said it before Xmas, I really hope it does not happen for you and such a Great Club.

Cheers mate! But im fearing the worse!!!!! :cry:

Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:39 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
RobP wrote:Never forget Sheff wed coming to Ninain in the 80s when they were on the promotion trail.

They brought 10,000, They were on the pitch at the end of the game, I got on there and hated them being on our pitch but there were thousands on there.

they were in canton stamd aswell lots of dancing that day

Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:41 pm

nobby wrote:

ask him if hes a season ticket holder !

Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:45 pm

yr just a small club in sheffield :lol: donny rovers new yorkshire number one club

all jokes aside i have met all wednesday finest fans always make me welcome and always go out of their way to make my visits special

Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:17 pm

Anyone no how many we have sold for this game??

Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:21 am

revenge :twisted:

Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:40 am

ccfc95 wrote:Anyone no how many we have sold for this game??

Wednesday have sold their allocation ive been told!!!! :)

Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:45 am

mallo wrote:

yr just a small club in sheffield :lol: donny rovers new yorkshire number one clu
all jokes aside i have met all wednesday finest fans always make me welcome and always go out of their way to make my visits special

Mallo! Our lads gave you the upmost respect the night you came out with us! But you also gave it back! :D
Thats when footballs at its best! I give respect where respect is due!!!!!!!! ;)

Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:55 pm

sam salim wrote:
ccfc95 wrote:Anyone no how many we have sold for this game??

Wednesday have sold their allocation ive been told!!!! :)

Sam and youve asked for more.

Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:17 pm

Whats the maximum tickets we are allowed Annis?! 8-)

Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:32 pm

sam salim wrote:Whats the maximum tickets we are allowed Annis?! 8-)

Sam 2,200 in the League, but 4,100 in a Cup game.

Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:51 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

We should be able to sell 2,200!!! ;) :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:17 pm

sam salim wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

We should be able to sell 2,200!!! ;) :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sam if you needed to win to stay up you would sell at least 6,000.

Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:07 pm

i think it was last game of the season? i remember the grange end was full to the rafters with wednesday, and about 5 min in to the game , they started ripping that green fencing down, bob bank end, :?:

Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:30 pm

ninianblue wrote:i think it was last game of the season? i remember the grange end was full to the rafters with wednesday, and about 5 min in to the game , they started ripping that green fencing down, bob bank end, :?:

It was May 1984!!!! ;)
We won 2-0 to finish runners up to Chelsea!!!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:40 pm

sam salim wrote:
ninianblue wrote:i think it was last game of the season? i remember the grange end was full to the rafters with wednesday, and about 5 min in to the game , they started ripping that green fencing down, bob bank end, :?:

It was May 1984!!!! ;)
We won 2-0 to finish runners up to Chelsea!!!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

May 12 1984, City 0, Wednesday 2. Crowd 14176, City's previous home game, a 2-2 draw versus BHA, on May 5 drew a crowd of 4366. :(