Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: So the Trust have really upset TG and Borley

Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:15 pm

I spoke to Steve Borley the other day on the phone, yes he was upset by them, but I am sure they will sort it all out.

Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:45 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I spoke to Steve Borley the other day on the phone, yes he was upset by them, but I am sure they will sort it all out.

there is an issue with them having never come out against the chairman as well.
no statement from them regarding the golden ticket scam and tax etc.
first and last meeting the way feelings are running at the moment.

Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:58 pm

oooops!!! whose idea was it to publish the minutes of the meeting and once again why did it go out knowing it was to be kept under wraps

Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:00 pm

Sorry baz, you have to pay to join to get answers :lol:

Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:24 pm

oh dear why am i not suprised :o

Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:25 pm

nerd wrote:Sorry baz, you have to pay to join to get answers :lol:
i have and i still have not got them :o

Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:51 pm

steve davies wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:I spoke to Steve Borley the other day on the phone, yes he was upset by them, but I am sure they will sort it all out.

Steve

Who has the issue about the trust never having come out against our chairman?

Because if it is any of our present board or investors surely they have a bit of a nerve saying this (and I have a great respect for some of them particularly Steve Borley)

They surely could have not just come out against him but temoved him from his posts as bot chief executive and chairman.

Any thoughts?

Regards

Elwood.

Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:53 pm

eddie may

how do you know this ?

Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:57 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:oooops!!! whose idea was it to publish the minutes of the meeting and once again why did it go out knowing it was to be kept under wraps

is this a fact ?

that tg said ?

Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:31 pm

Sludge wrote:
bluebirdbaz wrote:oooops!!! whose idea was it to publish the minutes of the meeting and once again why did it go out knowing it was to be kept under wraps

is this a fact ?

that tg said ?

Who instigated the statement against PMG? Are they still on the Trust board? What evidence do the trust have to have made such a statement?

Is it a fact PMG needed to be reminded what to do by a weak letter?

Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:40 pm

I am asking eddie may if it is a fact that TG is really upset by the trust

is this a fact ?

can you answer this ?

if not , with respect etc

Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:54 pm

Sludge wrote:I am asking eddie may if it is a fact that TG is really upset by the trust

is this a fact ?

can you answer this ?

if not , with respect etc

And I've asked, as before, for evidence the Trust had to justify the statement issued against PMG. You must have seen it to have agreed with the statement; if you haven't, that would indicate you've a blind faith in anything the Trust say.

Which is kinda the same thing you're intimating about people here.

Lots of cults around, not all charge :lol:

Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:03 pm

far too cryptic for me and you are not eddie ( or maybe you are ..lol )

I repeat my question to eddie may

eddie !

is this statement you have made that the trust have " really upset " TG ..a fact ?

or a rumour ?

or nonsense ?

thanks

Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:10 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:

Me to, I sent the following:

Evening,

Are there any plans to share details of the meeting with TG

http://www.cardiffcity-mad.co.uk/news/t ... ndex.shtml

I have not received any notification of this statement from the trust?

All the best

Jon

So far no reply, I sent this on the 8th April!

Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:11 pm

joncandy wrote:
bluebirdbaz wrote:

Me to, I sent the following:

[quote]Evening,

Are there any plans to share details of the meeting with TG

http://www.cardiffcity-mad.co.uk/news/t ... ndex.shtml

I have not received any notification of this statement from the trust?

All the best

sorry jon

a bit confused here

you have posted a link to a statement made by the trust on mikes board where the trust is sharing brief details of the meeting with TG

did you want the trust to also send you this report ?

I think they did , didnt they ?

I seem to remember getting an email about it

Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:14 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:

evening baz

what questions have you asked the trust to answer on your behalf /

if you have sent the trust questions and have not been given a response please do so again or pm me and I will chase up the questions you have asked

regards

sludge

Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:28 pm

Catch 22 for the Trust

The Club are never going to divulge anything meaty to the Trust that they wouldnt post on the club website.

But when TG and Borley say 'this is informal, keep it schtumm' the Trust are immediately in a quandary as
their elected representatives are duty bound to pass on any news/information to the very people who
'voted' them in.

This, in a nutshell, is why the Trust wont work.

By getting information and not sharing it they would be failing their members, by getting information and
JUST passing it on to their members it would be like saying to Joe Cardiff City Public:

"You are not part of our Cardiff City family"

Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:42 pm

taffyapple wrote:Catch 22 for the Trust

The Club are never going to divulge anything meaty to the Trust that they wouldnt post on the club website.

But when TG and Borley say 'this is informal, keep it schtumm' the Trust are immediately in a quandary as
their elected representatives are duty bound to pass on any news/information to the very people who
'voted' them in.

This, in a nutshell, is why the Trust wont work.

By getting information and not sharing it they would be failing their members, by getting information and
JUST passing it on to their members it would be like saying to Joe Cardiff City Public:

"You are not part of our Cardiff City family"

eddie may has made a statement on here saying and I quote " the trust has really upset TG " ..by reporting on a meeting they had

has TG made a statement in the press saying he had a meeting with the trust and is upset that the trust has reported this meeting ?

I have not heard anything at all

can anyone confirm this to be a fact ?

regards

Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:43 pm

steve davies wrote:

can you confirm this steve ?

Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:12 am

Sludge wrote:
a bit confused here

you have posted a link to a statement made by the trust on mikes board where the trust is sharing brief details of the meeting with TG

did you want the trust to also send you this report ?

I think they did , didnt they ?

I seem to remember getting an email about it

I posted a link to Mikes board because I did not receive an email, had I not read the boards I would not have known. Not all trust members read the messageboards ;)

Last email I had was about fund raising for the Fred Keenor statue

Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:15 am

Sludge, Borley himself has said to me, that he and TG were not Happy about it, I dont know what went on as I was away.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:17 am

proberly ridsdale has the trust on his side and was trying to say stuff to borley and tg

Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:26 am

Looks like we will have to get used to dealing with a very sensitive Chairman/owner.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:29 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Looks like we will have to get used to dealing with a very sensitive Chairman/owner.

Tony it sounds that way.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:40 am

Seems to me that there are some double standards being applied here. A few weeks ago some of those who are now being critical of the Trust for not doing what Steve Borley wanted were, rightly in my view, defying him when it came to the march before the Middlesbrough match .

Assuming what was said by Eddie May is true then it leaves me concerned that even if the Malaysians take over, things will stay much the same at Cardiff City Stadium in at least one respect - it looks like it will be only a favoured few who will have access to those running the club and, even then, it will be very much on the club's terms.

Having just read the Trust's statement again, I'm struggling to come up with anything which could have upset anyone at the club so much in what was was a generally supportive and upbeat document - much of it was just a rehash of what some have being saying on here for a while.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:53 am

the other Bob Wilson wrote:Seems to me that there are some double standards being applied here. A few weeks ago some of those who are now being critical of the Trust for not doing what Steve Borley wanted were, rightly in my view, defying him when it came to the march before the Middlesbrough match .

Assuming what was said by Eddie May is true then it leaves me concerned that even if the Malaysians take over, things will stay much the same at Cardiff City Stadium in at least one respect - it looks like it will be only a favoured few who will have access to those running the club and, even then, it will be very much on the club's terms.

Having just read the Trust's statement again, I'm struggling to come up with anything which could have upset anyone at the club so much in what was was a generally supportive and upbeat document - much of it was just a rehash of what some have being saying on here for a while.

From what I can gather it is not what was said by the Trust in their statement which upset TG but the fact the Trust went public about meeting with him when it was expressed that they should-not do that for now.

That said I have sympathy for the Trust in this situation because as you rightly point any meeting with the club always seems be on their terms with the club dictating to the Trust what it can say or do. That should-not be the role of the Trust who is only answerable to its members.

TG’s attitude is also a little confusing because he has met fans individually on stadium walkabouts and told them certain information about the takeover so were they also under an obligation to keep quite?

On the presumption I am over judging the situation for now I will give both TG and Borley the benefit of the doubt but I hope this isn't the face of things to come.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:54 am

here comes moggis and riddlers friends :roll:

Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:24 am

Ben wrote:here comes moggis and riddlers friends :roll:

Is that the same Peter Ridsdale I went on the march against?

Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:32 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
the other Bob Wilson wrote:Seems to me that there are some double standards being applied here. A few weeks ago some of those who are now being critical of the Trust for not doing what Steve Borley wanted were, rightly in my view, defying him when it came to the march before the Middlesbrough match .

From what I can gather it is not what was said by the Trust in their statement which upset TG but the fact the Trust went public about meeting with him when it was expressed that they should-not do that for now.

That said I have sympathy for the Trust in this situation because as you rightly point any meeting with the club always seems be on their terms with the club dictating to the Trust what it can say or do. That should-not be the role of the Trust who is only answerable to its members.

TG’s attitude is also a little confusing because he has met fans individually on stadium walkabouts and told them certain information about the takeover so were they also under an obligation to keep quite?

On the presumption I am over judging the situation for now I will give both TG and Borley the benefit of the doubt but I hope this isn't the face of things to come.

Can't argue with much of that, but what I would say is that the Trust made it public that permission had been given fora meeting with TG over the Easter weekend a fair time before that meeting took place. This meant that, not unnaturally, members expected some feedback from the meeting when it took place - if the club and TG were not happy about that happening, wouldn't it have been better to make their feelings clear beforehand - saying that, they do say hindsight is a wonderful thing don't they.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:21 am

steve davies wrote:

Steve

Did you get my p.m. on this? And has Steve seen a copy , which might help clarify matters.

Having spoken direct to the 2 Trust members who were there , it is quite clear that both Steve and TG were told at the start of the meeting that a summary of the meeting was going to be published and no objection was made to that at the time. A draft was sent to TG as a matter of courtesy but was not received by him prior to it being published ( a problem caused by the fact that it was assumed he would read it in London or Malaysia but in fact he received it while he was actually in flight between the 2 ).

I have no wish to have any form of fallout with Steve over this , but it does seem a bit rich if he is upset with the Trust not having been strong enough in its criticism of the Chairman over the ticket or tax issues when Steve himself had every opportunity to do so (as he was aware of what was being done by PR)and chose not to. I also remember Annis being upset at the EGM when Steve gave his support to the Chairman rather than support Annis` call for a vote of no confidence which was in direct contradiction of the stance Annis said Steve had previously promised him would be the case.

Keith