Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: So the Trust have really upset TG and Borley

Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:18 am

I dont know where ben is coming from but does he know that loads of fans both from the trust and the mike morris board wnet on the march ?

he certainly knows I did as he was watching me , suggesting I was hanging around a police van ( a bizarre comment ) when in fact I was waiting for annis to finish an interview with bbc wales before I said hello as I said I would do to annis before the march started and didnt want to interrupt the interview

;)

regards to annis

:ayatollah:

we agree to disagree on matters but I am afraid as for others there are certain posters on here who simply make comments on the trust that are totally unfounded and are doing nothing but continually undermining things and keeping a silly division between our fans

all the best and away from all this silly squabbling I trust ( lol ) that the next few months see a brighter future for cardiff city

I am outta here

I got a date with a russian javelin thrower

Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:05 pm

Sludge wrote:we agree to disagree on matters but I am afraid as for others there are certain posters on here who simply make comments on the trust that are totally unfounded and are doing nothing but continually undermining things and keeping a silly division between our fans

all the best and away from all this silly squabbling I trust ( lol ) that the next few months see a brighter future for cardiff city

I am outta here

I got a date with a russian javelin thrower

If there are posters who are maliciously posting against the Trust then the detail will soon come out in the wash.

As for this particular thread it appears there is some kind of truth in the fact TG/Borley are pissed off with the Trust. Whether that attitude by senior people at the club is justified (for the record I don't think it is) is a matter for debated without resort to the victim card.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:50 pm

Sounds like the usual made up anti-CCST nonsense that constantly pervades this MB.

No evidence, just some alleged comments from SB and TG.

It's pleasing that Keith has put the record straight.

Does anyone really think that a hard nosed businessman like TG would be "upset" by the press release following his meeting with the CCST?!!!

Very sad. What's your raison d'etre in this gentlemen?

Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:50 pm

And the evidence PMG are EVIL which was the raison d'etre for the Trust statement against Paul Guy is where precisely?

Can't condemn one without condemning the other, eh?

Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:59 pm

Sorry I'm still confused, I am a member of the trust and did not receive an email containing the trusts statement, yet it was posted on public messageboards but not sent to members who signed and paid up?

Or am I one of the few that didn't receive it? (that may sound sarcastic, but I realise these things can happen ;) )

Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:00 pm

Where and when did the Trust state that PMG are "evil?"

If you believe that Paul Guy/PMG are in anyway concerned with the well-being of CCFC then you are sadly deluded.

Paul Guy has been involved with CCFC throughout Ridsdales tenure, do you not regard him as culpable over our financial mismanagement? CCST quite rightly questionned his involvement - why do you have a problem with that?

PMG have made a fortune out of CCS and good for them, they're a business and they're back on board to protect their financial interests. No problem with that, but pleased don't be fooled that they have any other interest in CCFC at all.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:02 pm

Claude Blue wrote:Sounds like the usual made up anti-CCST nonsense that constantly pervades this MB.

No evidence, just some alleged comments from SB and TG.

It's pleasing that Keith has put the record straight.

Does anyone really think that a hard nosed businessman like TG would be "upset" by the press release following his meeting with the CCST?!!!

Very sad. What's your raison d'etre in this gentlemen?

Keith has stated that 1) he wasn't there and 2) the Trust members there told them it was going to be made public.

Doesn't mean TG et al were actually told, it's a second hand anecdote.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:05 pm

Claude Blue wrote:Where and when did the Trust state that PMG are "evil?"

If you believe that Paul Guy/PMG are in anyway concerned with the well-being of CCFC then you are sadly deluded.

Paul Guy has been involved with CCFC throughout Ridsdales tenure, do you not regard him as culpable over our financial mismanagement? CCST quite rightly questionned his involvement - why do you have a problem with that?

PMG have made a fortune out of CCS and good for them, they're a business and they're back on board to protect their financial interests. No problem with that, but pleased don't be fooled that they have any other interest in CCFC at all.

Oh, I don't know. A prominent Trust person spent months slating Paul Guy elsewhere.

We then get the wonderful statement.

Yet, I can't seem to recall any statement issued that, you know, reminded Ridsdale of his duty.

And no, funnily enough, I've never pegged Guy as a fan of CCFC. So, seems you are the one sadly deluded.

Still, it must have had an effect, eh?

Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:18 pm

steve davies wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:I spoke to Steve Borley the other day on the phone, yes he was upset by them, but I am sure they will sort it all out.

there is an issue with them having never come out against the chairman as well.
no statement from them regarding the golden ticket scam and tax etc.
first and last meeting the way feelings are running at the moment.

So why didnt Steve borley speak out about the chairman when Annis asked him for his support at the EGM Steve? Annis did you feel badly let down when SB asked you what you were trying to achieve?

Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:22 pm

It's all rather bizarre isn't it?

No one on the CCFC board spoke out against PR.

Why?

Anything to do with self interest perhaps?

Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:24 pm

Claude Blue wrote:Where and when did the Trust state that PMG are "evil?"

claude

ring steve borley at his office at cmb engineering and he will put you straight with regards to all the good pmg has done for the club.

Pmg only took over the retail park when capitol and regional couldent get it off the ground so we should be grateful they took it on.

Why did nobody ask paul guy for a meeting or interview prior to the statement being issued a simple courtesy that should have been extended surely.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:25 pm

joncandy wrote:Sorry I'm still confused, I am a member of the trust and did not receive an email containing the trusts statement, yet it was posted on public messageboards but not sent to members who signed and paid up?

Or am I one of the few that didn't receive it? (that may sound sarcastic, but I realise these things can happen ;) )

Jon, I agree, I am also a member and my Family and I never received anything either ??

Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:27 pm

stan ogdens neck wrote:
steve davies wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:I spoke to Steve Borley the other day on the phone, yes he was upset by them, but I am sure they will sort it all out.

there is an issue with them having never come out against the chairman as well.
no statement from them regarding the golden ticket scam and tax etc.
first and last meeting the way feelings are running at the moment.

So why didnt Steve borley speak out about the chairman when Annis asked him for his support at the EGM Steve? Annis did you feel badly let down when SB asked you what you were trying to achieve?

I told Steve Borley 3 times the during the week running up to the EGM and his response was I would cut my Right hand off if Ridsdale would Resign, of Course I felt really let down, but one day Borley will hopefully tell me. Borley has kept to his word regarding the Malaysians.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:31 pm

Claude, Everything is True regarding what Borley and TG have said.
I have this from Borleys own mouth.
I have noticed that when I did a search on Mikes MB, you have made over 30 posts slating EVERYONE ON THIS MB CALLING THEM EVERY NAME UNDER THE SUN. So from now on I will not be even bothering answering your posts as you then twist them and lie on the other mb.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:31 pm

Claude Blue wrote:It's all rather bizarre isn't it?

Why?

claude if steve borley had spoken out against ridsdale at the egm and got no support from other board members(most of whom pr had brought in) he could have then face a vote of no confidence in himself and been removed from the board of directors.

we all know now that steve was dealing directly with dato chan so where would that have left us then.
my beef with both supporters groups is that nobody ever spoke out or issued statements against pr and for christ sakes there were enough opportunities

Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:36 pm

So why didnt Steve borley speak out about the chairman when Annis asked him for his support at the EGM Steve? Annis did you feel badly let down when SB asked you what you were trying to achieve?[/quote]

I told Steve Borley 3 times the during the week running up to the EGM and his response was I would cut my Right hand off if Ridsdale would Resign, of Course I felt really let down, but one day Borley will hopefully tell me.[/quote]

annis

the answer is quite simply that dato did not want any bad publicity coming out of the club as negotiations between him and steve were at a delicate stage.
Could you imagine the amount of publicity if steve had backed you.
i have explained to claude above what option the riddler could have taken

Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:37 pm

Claude Blue wrote:It's all rather bizarre isn't it?

Why?

Or because speaking out publicly at that time could have destabilised talks with the Malaysians?

Is that one possibility you didn't consider?

By your logic, given the Trust haven't spoken out against Ridsdale, does that mean they too are motivated by self interest?

Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:37 pm

Are you seriously suggesting that no other company expressed an interest in the retail park apart from PMG?

The deals on this land - and other surplus land around CCS - have been stitched up in favour of PMG and CMB.

Hardly transparent deals are they?

Good business for both companies, and well done to them both. If you can get away with it then good luck!

As supporters we need to learn not to suck up to individuals and companies connected to our club. We should be asking the difficult questions. Too many here seem happy to blindly believe, and never question.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:43 pm

Claude Blue wrote:Are you seriously suggesting that no other company expressed an interest in the retail park apart from PMG?

The deals on this land - and other surplus land around CCS - have been stitched up in favour of PMG and CMB.

Good business for both companies, and well done to them both. If you can get away with it then good luck!

As supporters we need to learn not to suck up to individuals and companies connected to our club. We should be asking the difficult questions. Too many here seem happy to blindly believe, and never question.

claude did i not just tell you that capitol and regional walked away because they could not broker any deals or get any other companies to take it over.

like i said if people and organisations have a beef with pmg why not approach him and ask for a meeting. mike hall publicly stated after the joint statement that he would have been available to answer questions if he had been approached.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:43 pm

Claude Blue wrote:Are you seriously suggesting that no other company expressed an interest in the retail park apart from PMG?

And those who don't blindly believe in the Trust, question the Trust, hmm?

The retail park development would have collapsed without somebody coming in and filling the void left. Was it PMG, sure. Who knows who else were interested? Of council, you naively believe it was all down to the football club. Council weren't involved at all, eh?

Land deals "stitched up" - well, how much do the club actually owe to both PMG and CMB?

"get away with it" - words you should apply to Ridsdale, eh?

Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:48 pm

Annis,

Why do you feel the need to resort to lying?

I have criticised this MB both here and on CCMB. But where have I called members here "all the names under the sun?"

You may have noticed that I have never resorted to personal abuse and am always polite to all posters. I also never feel the need to use bad language,

Are you scared of genuine, open debate?

Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:51 pm

It makes me laugh how certain people claim PR had the backing of the board because SB did not vote against him at the EGM. We only have to look at what is happening now to see that this was not the case. If PR had the full support of the board then why is he such a lonely man now in public?

The decision to request a vote of no confidence against PR I felt at the time was quite a brave one. It could have quite easily backfired but we had to get the message out to the big wide world that we were not happy with PR. After the ST scam and the humble pie apology I got the impression from the board that they thought they could get away with anything regarding the fans. Well the vote of no confidence followed by the march and other protests has certainly made them think again.

The last thing the club wants to do is upset the fans and certain board members needed to be reminded of that.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:53 pm

I'm happy for CCST to be questionned, I do so myself!

It seems that many on here aren't happy to have their opinions questionned, which is all I do!!

You mention the Council. Not sure what you are getting at there, sorry.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:53 pm

Eddie May wrote:
Claude Blue wrote:Annis,

Why do you feel the need to resort to lying?

I have criticised this MB both here and on CCMB. But where have I called members here "all the names under the sun?"

You may have noticed that I have never resorted to personal abuse and am always polite to all posters. I also never feel the need to use bad language,

Are you scared of genuine, open debate?

I ask anyone to do a search on ccmb and put Annis in and see

what ClaudeBlue says about you all on here.

Cheers Eddie thats how I found out :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:56 pm

Claude Blue wrote:I'm happy for CCST to be questionned, I do so myself!

It seems that many on here aren't happy to have their opinions questionned, which is all I do!!

You mention the Council. Not sure what you are getting at there, sorry.

I'm sure you don't know what I'm getting at. Of course, I'm sure you believe the council would have no interest whatsoever in the retail park being built. Never had any meetings with CCFC at all, obviously.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:59 pm

Right, I see what you're saying.

Of course the Council had an interest - it was their land!!!!!!!!

The very same Council who refused to deal with Hammam - ever wondered why?!

Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:00 pm

I love open debates but I hate people who then run off on other forums calling us all everything, If I loose a debate No probs whats so ever thats what makes good forum..

Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:02 pm

Claude Blue wrote:Right, I see what you're saying.

Of course the Council had an interest - it was their land!!!!!!!!

No, not had to wonder why. Hammam's business plan was abysmal. Knowing his temperament, it's hardly difficult to know why Ridsdale was brought in.

Stadium can't be sold for either 18 or 20 years. Wondered why?

PS, you're falling into the bog standard troll trap by bringing Hammam into it. Posting here doesn't automatically make you a fan of Hammam.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:03 pm

Claude Blue wrote:

Got to admit I would like to know why. Do you know why Claude, if so can you enlighten me?

Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:07 pm

I don't run anywhere Annis, I've no need to.

I've criticised this board, yes.

And now I'm here to back up my words.

Judging by your attitude - and lies - I was quite correct in my criticisms.

Pity, It was an interesting debate about trust and honesty in our various Board members, past and present.