Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Hudson should be fit for Saturday, so what happens to Blake

Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:24 pm

I'd always have Hudson in the side, but Blake and Gerrard have been playing really well. it seems wrong to drop either.

i'd prefer Blake at Right Back, but we've got McNaughton and Matthews there, 9thought McNaughton was awful yesterday, very rusty, would prob. go with Matthews and save Super kev) and central midfield is not a problem now with ledley and McPhail fit. Kennedy also played really well on Saturday

This is going to be a difficult one.

Re: Hudson should be fit for Saturday, so what happens to Blake

Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:21 pm

Sunday Sport - Blake to Man City for 10 million. :oops:

Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:33 pm

He is fit asked him on the train last night :ayatollah: maybe blake could slot into RB and mcnaughton go lb

Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:37 pm

tomCCFC wrote:He is fit asked him on the train last night :ayatollah: maybe blake could slot into RB and mcnaughton go lb

Did you manage to insult him as well as Bothroyd :lol: :ayatollah:

'oh Hudson, how come you are so slow then..'

Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:39 pm

You can imagine it cant you ? Jay falls of his seat and Hudson picks him up 10 mis later. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:42 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:You can imagine it cant you ? Jay falls of his seat and Hudson picks him up 10 mis later. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just burst out laughing at that. :lol: :lol:

Got ths vision in my head of Bothroyd laid out on the floor and Hudson slowly wandering over to him.

Love them both mind. :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:43 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:You can imagine it cant you ? Jay falls of his seat and Hudson picks him up 10 mis later. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Got ths vision in my head of Bothroyd laid out on the floor and Hudson slowly wandering over to him.

Yeah same :lol: :lol:

waht would kennedy be doing?

Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:48 pm

Sorry cant find an answer to that one. :lol:

Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:49 pm

tomCCFC wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:

Yeah same :lol: :lol:

waht would kennedy be doing?

Giving 'chips' to Bothroyd ?

Thats what he does most Saturdays.

Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:03 pm

In My Opinion I would stand by Blake, Hudson is to slow, even though if we get to the Premier both can go. If we dont then just Blake can stay.

Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:09 pm

Forever Blue wrote:In My Opinion I would stand by Blake, Hudson is to slow, even though if we get to the Premier both can go. If we dont then just Blake can stay.

Agreed 3 games only 1 goal conceded. Why change something that aint broke.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:01 am

Nuclearblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:In My Opinion I would stand by Blake, Hudson is to slow, even though if we get to the Premier both can go. If we dont then just Blake can stay.

Agreed 3 games only 1 goal conceded. Why change something that aint broke.

True, If we go up then i would keep Blake, good palyer to have on the bench as he can play in 3-4 different positions, and he would soon improve with game time, as we have seen since he returned from plymouth

Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:16 am

If all CBs were fully match fit I'd like to see Blake alongside Hudson as I think their styles would be perfect as a pairing. That is a little harsh on Gerrard as he's much improved but the lack of pace could be a problem with Hudson.

It's nice to have choices for a change :lol: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:32 am

Until Blake plays badly then he should be rewarded for playing well by being selected. You can't drop someone from a back four that's kept two clean sheets! Ok, Super Kev was brought in but Matthews is still young. I wouldn't drop any of them yet. Blake has earnt the right to stay there.

I wouldn't argue if Hudson was re-selected but think it would be harsh.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:48 pm

Send Blake to Merthyr on loan

Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:46 pm

Zabier wrote:Until Blake plays badly then he should be rewarded for playing well by being selected. You can't drop someone from a back four that's kept two clean sheets! Ok, Super Kev was brought in but Matthews is still young. I wouldn't drop any of them yet. Blake has earnt the right to stay there.

Agree mate. Really speaking its more like 3 clean sheets cos the Jacks goal was just a one-off
goalkeeping cock-up. With Rae kaput, and Joe Ledley obviously still struggling though, I'd be
sorely tempted to risk putting Hudson back in, but putting Darcy in the Makele role just in front
of the defence. Less chance of old 'one-pace, slow-pace' Hudson getting caught out then. Its a
role I think Darcy would thrive.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:58 pm

Still ship Blake to Merthyr along with Feeney/Capaldi/Comminges/Magennis/Taiwo any one else ?

Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:20 pm

taffyapple wrote:
Zabier wrote:Until Blake plays badly then he should be rewarded for playing well by being selected. You can't drop someone from a back four that's kept two clean sheets! Ok, Super Kev was brought in but Matthews is still young. I wouldn't drop any of them yet. Blake has earnt the right to stay there.

Agree mate. Really speaking its more like 3 clean sheets cos the Jacks goal was just a one-off
goalkeeping cock-up. With Rae kaput, and Joe Ledley obviously still struggling though, I'd be
sorely tempted to risk putting Hudson back in, but putting Darcy in the Makele role just in front
of the defence. Less chance of old 'one-pace, slow-pace' Hudson getting caught out then. Its a
role I think Darcy would thrive.

My big worry as things are is that niether Gerrard or Blake is much cop in the air. Long, who's hardy a giant won nearly everything. We have looked really vulnerable in that area.

I also don't beleive either the Leicester, Palace or Swansea goals would have been scored if Hudson was playing as he organises the defnse well - that sort of thing wasnt happening when he was playing. That sort of thing is a major strength of his and he is VERY strong in the air.

On the other hand, Blake's extra pace and excellent covering have improved on anything offerred by the others and he really doesnt deserve to be dropped.

Its a tough one. On balance I'd put Hudson on the bench for QPR, but longer term I'd expect to see him back.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:49 pm

I'd keep Blake. Never rated Hudson since he's come down here, never heard of him not to rate him before he came here. I think Blake's problem before this season is not nailing down a regular position in the side and this 'jack of all trades' thing has been his undoing. Now he's been playing regularly at centre back, I think he's been a revelation, almost the find of the season. I think the rush to get Hudson back in the side is purely down to how much he cost us and the pressure to get value for that £1 million. Gerard and Blake for the rest of the campaign, barring injuries/suspensions, of course

Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:59 pm

if we had bothroyd from injury back you wouldnt keep etuhu up front even if he'd scored the game before

hudson is by a long way the best centre back we have, we need him match fit for the playoffs so for me he goes right back in the 11

Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:06 pm

That is open for question Chief!! but what you cant argue with is 2 clean sheets in a row against two good teams.
And Hudson isn't match fit or up to speed pardon the pun after such a long lay off.
Darcey for me he has earned it. :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:51 pm

I would start with Hudson, Yes hes slow, but he has a good footballing head on him, he can organise defences and as was mentioned hes cracking in the air, which is what we are lacking at the moment, Darcy is also a great player to have on the bench as he can play in a few different positions. so Huds to start for me :ayatollah: