Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bloody Conservatives

Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:31 pm

What’s a couple more weeks if you’ve got cancer, say Tories

The Conservatives have defended their position on the removal of guarantees for suspected cancer patients to be tested within two weeks by insisting that people who think they have cancer probably have better things to do than worrying about how quickly they can see a doctor.

After originally criticising Labour for highlighting their planned removal of the guarantee, the Conservatives have today defended the position claiming that two weeks “is such an arbitrary figure anyway”.

A Tory spokesperson explained, “People say that two weeks is still too long to see a doctor, yet those same people come back from their holidays claiming two weeks simply wasn’t long enough.”

“How can we be expected to put in place really expensive life-saving health care policies when people can’t even decide whether two weeks is a long time, or a really, really short time.”

Hypocrisy

The spokesperson went on to elaborate when asked for the rationale behind the policy.

“If we had a policy which said we were taking all two week holidays and making them at least a month, everyone would be delighted. That’s the hypocrisy we’re working with here.”

“First of all two weeks is too long, then it’s suddenly too short. There is no consistency here. At all.”

“It’s typical of today’s entitlement culture that the moment they think they’re dying from a hideous disease they want to be seen as quickly as possible by a medical professional, yet when they’re on a beach in Spain they want to stay much longer.”

“We’re not sure we should be spending limited public funds satisfying the spurious demands of a fickle public when there are significant numbers of rich people that want to pay significantly less tax.”

“Also - and I’m no Doctor of course - but I’m quite sure that if you do have cancer you should probably focus all of your energy on getting better rather than being angry about waiting ages to get diagnosed.”

“That little tip is completely free by the way, courtesy of your local Conservative representative.”

:lol:

Re: Bloody Conservatives

Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:33 pm

Never ever trust an english political party in wales. Vote for Plaid Cymru who have the interests of welsh people at the heart and soul of their policies............labour/tories/liberals............all English parties who don't give a stuff about wales.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:40 pm

Calm down Mr Saddles, it's from a spoof news site.
Saying that, can't do any worse than the last lot. (My opinion only) ;)

Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:42 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:45 pm

Plaid - No thanks

Politians all got noses in the troughs

If I had to choose - David Camerons barmy army :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:00 pm

They're all as bad as each other. It really is a case of voting for the best out of a terrible bunch... which is near enough impossible!

Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:01 pm

Vote for a Welsh party.............and that means Plaid Cymru!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:29 pm

Woah, the original post is a piss take, Let's not start the political arguing already... :roll:

PC my arse by the way. :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:12 pm

Saddles you go on about hypocrisy well Plaid are against Nuclear power end of, if we have Nuclear then we are all going to die very slowly and painfully.
Now the government are bringing in the new generation of Nuclear Power Stations each site has had to deal with awkward councils with a small minority of the communities objecting which is delaying these stations being built. Good news i hear you say but you wont say that when within 5-10 years power cuts become a daily occurrence.
Back to Plaid Cymru who have said to the government hang on a mo please please please build a new station in Anglesey there will be no objections from us or the community. in fact they all want one built. So now the first new build will be in Wylfa.
In a way good on Plaid but they new if they were to get reelected in Anglesey that is what they were going to have to do.
Again congrats for listening to the electorate, But after that why oh why is Plaid still anti nuclear ?

Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:48 pm

Plaid for me.............welsh man, welsh team, welsh party............. :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:05 pm

They are all bent tossers that got no morals :x :x :x :x :x

Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:11 pm

Thier all as bad as each other.
The politics in this country to be honest is a complete shambles. :evil:

Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:02 pm

Blazing Saddles wrote:Plaid for me.............welsh man, welsh team, welsh party............. :ayatollah:

You are as bad as any politician please can you answer my bloody question............instead of PLAID FOR ME........Thank you :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:06 pm

So don't vote for Plaid based upon silly things like policies, no, vote based on nationality...

Priceless.