Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff Vs Swansea Play Off Final

Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:55 pm

If this happened it would be played at Wembley Stadium.

A lot of fans from both sides have said it would have to played at the Millenium and even non fans are saying the same thing but I have had a response from the football league.

Dear Carl

Thank you for your email.

The Championship Play-off Final will be taking place at Wembley Stadium on 22nd May 2010.

As you say, it is a case of wait and see with regards to the competing clubs. There will be detailed plans and meetings in place with all relevant parties to ensure that the event runs successfully.

Regards

Nick Jones

Customer Services Officer

The Football League Ltd

Re: Cardiff Vs Swansea Play Off Final

Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:57 pm

So it's not official then! I think it would still be at Wembley but with huge policing changes. They'll take Swansea up via the Midlands and in from the North whilst we'll go along the M4... it would be a logistical nightmare though. Police points all over the place, as many bubble coaches as possible. Complete nightmare. As for Wembley way, it would have to be total segregation.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:58 pm

Zabier wrote:So it's not official then! I think it would still be at Wembley but with huge policing changes. They'll take Swansea up via the Midlands and in from the North whilst we'll go along the M4... it would be a logistical nightmare though. Police points all over the place, as many bubble coaches as possible. Complete nightmare. As for Wembley way, it would have to be total segregation.

No I think it is Official Zabier :lol:

Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:59 pm

As you say, it is a case of wait and see with regards to the competing clubs. There will be detailed plans and meetings in place with all relevant parties to ensure that the event runs successfully.

I reckon where he says that though it's leaving a small door open for a re-arranged venue! I'm just really keen to see it at the Millennium Stadium after our last triumph there so just humour me! :D

Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:02 pm

The Championship Play-off Final will be taking place at Wembley Stadium on 22nd May 2010

I think thats the giveaway though :ayatollah: :D

Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:07 pm

You're always cutting me down Carl, all my life I've just been that fly on your shoe! When are you going to let me live the dream Carl? Can't I be a Blazing Saddles? Can't I believe in the fairytale ending? Won't you let me have that at least?! You harsh, harsh man! I'm just a dreamer Carl, don't burst my bubble! :cry: :D