Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Do we have the money already here?

Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:16 am

I posted this on the other board aswell, but I know some of you don't use it so what are your views on this?

Directors of the club

Peter Ridsdale, Steve Borley, Alan Whiteley, Dato Chan Thien Ghee
Keith Harris of Seymour Pearce
Alan Flitcroft NED

Major shareholders

Paul Guy, who runs property developers PMG Estates,
Mike Hall, property developers PMG Estates,
Richard Crane; Cardiff lawyer
John Jones, formerly associated with Cardiff Devils ice hockey
Nick Iacono property developer
Andrew Connery businessman who owns a mobile phones company
David Wood independent financial adviser;
Gareth Williams; property developer
Peter and Joe Souto

The above is not confidential information, it is in the public domain...

All of the above and quite a few others are the biggest shareholders in Cardiff City football club, Paul Guy is by far the biggest but the others are mostly in for at least £500,000...not sure what they were charged for shares but I think it was 15p at the time.

Anyway I was talking to my mate Peter Morgan last night and he made a very good point. He reckons investing in 4 players could get us promotion providing they were quality players and we don’t offload any players (ok if we are desperate maybe a £4 million for Mathews may have to happen)

His point was that the guys mentioned above would make a fortune if the club was promoted so why don’t they all buy up the remaining shares that are available between them all? That could generate £2 million instantly for transfer booty. Less than £200,000 each to these seriously rich businessmen....what a calculated gamble it could turn out to be.

Imagine the value of the shares if we were promoted, I know it is a lot of money to invest but we are third and have a real chance, why give the opportunity to others when we have the business people already here?

The shares would rocket in value and more interested parties would come along or the existing Malaysians would have to pay a little more per share.

It certainly does not make sense to me why this does not happen, I know they mainly have little interest in football but they all have an interest in making money and this is a golden opportunity.

Re: Do we have the money already here?

Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:24 am

The Club owes PMG a fair wedge already. Can't see them wanting to gamble more especially when the property sector's not exactly buoyant is it? Maybe PMG needs cash too.

I've got a few shares myself but I wouldn't want to buy any more at the mo would you?

Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:27 am

I know what you mean mate, but to protect their current large investments, a smaller extra investment now may not only protect but increase the value significantly.

Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:35 am

Dunno about you Paul but all this switching between messageboards is doing my head in. Maybe we need a 3rd or is it 4th messageboard just for the financial crap :D