Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Court appearance is to remove winding up order

Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:51 am

Or so says Peter

Hopefully that means it's a positive thing, but it still doesn't sound too rosy at the club!

"This is HMRC withdrawing the original winding up order"

Re: Court appearance is to remove winding up order

Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:01 am

That would be normal court procedure but until 11.30am there will be uncertainty. The case is in for one of 3 reasons:

1. To withdraw the petition
2. Merely for "mention" to ensure any agreement is being complied with
3. For a winding up order to be made

Let's hope it's 1 or 2 :o :lol:

Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:06 am

Strange that owain
good news like that being held back from this mornings press release regarding the season tickets.
Dont you think a statement along the lines of regarding the alleged transfer embargo rumours that are circulating we are pleased to announce that in the high court today the hmrc will be withdrawing the winding up order it had applied for against the club.
This would of course instill confidence in fans and creditors alike. unless of course?

Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:12 am

Maybe they don't want to make any press releases regarding the court case to make sure it doesn't have a negative affect on proceedings?

Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:32 am

the negative affect its having on me, 5 cups of coffee already thismorning lucky i am not in a pub :D

all we ask for is honesty its not much is it :cry:

Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:33 am

steve davies wrote:Strange that owain
good news like that being held back from this mornings press release regarding the season tickets.
Dont you think a statement along the lines of regarding the alleged transfer embargo rumours that are circulating we are pleased to announce that in the high court today the hmrc will be withdrawing the winding up order it had applied for against the club.
This would of course instill confidence in fans and creditors alike. unless of course?

I completely agree! The club know people have seen it, so why not announce that HMRC are withdrawing or removing the winding up order.
I thought that was PR's normal tactic, to turn bad news into good news. A little like that last HMRC Winding up order, where he made it seem as if it was fantastic news that we were having to set up a payment schedule with HMRC to avoid a winding up order!

Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:41 am

PR most likely cannot be bothered with the situation as he most likely feels he has done enough explaining on the subject already. He has said there is a payment plan in already so there is no problem.

Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:42 am

Owain wrote:
steve davies wrote:Strange that owain

I completely agree! The club know people have seen it, so why not announce that HMRC are withdrawing or removing the winding up order.
I thought that was PR's normal tactic, to turn bad news into good news. A little like that last HMRC Winding up order, where he made it seem as if it was fantastic news that we were having to set up a payment schedule with HMRC to avoid a winding up order!

Owain

i have an online credit account with equifax which i have looked at
here is what it says this morning under Gazette information. the gazette being the bible of all winding up petitions etc

PNA PETITION ADJOURNED DATED 26/11/2009 so obviously hmrc

UAP UNADVERTISED PETITION TO WIND UP DATED 24/11/2009 No prizes for the date of said court case.

so totally different case