Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ANYBODY......................

Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:50 am

Know their Grass or know of any gardeners that can give me urgent advice!!! PLEASE

Last summer paid a lot of money for top turf shipped down from scotland.

Had 3 lots for 3 houses withing the family -2 of them were the cheap turf and grew fine little patches need reseeding a little but all good and nice and flat.

Mine - paid top whack and looked ok on initial delivery rolled them all out and noticed little white things growing rang the company they said mow and it would be fine HOWEVER during the winter growth my garden looks like a frigging mountain!!!!

I have these tufts of long thick grass growing and tspreading FAST the he roots look like rhubabrb!!! Impossible to mow.....

NEED HELP :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: ANYBODY......................

Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:54 am

a thread on mowing lawn............this could become intresting ;)

how long till this thread falls of track :lol:

id love to help, but some of us have work in a min, hopefully someone can help you though :D :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:56 am

Not a gardener myself - but this link could be of use :ayatollah:

http://www.yell.com/ucs/UcsSearchAction ... sification

Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:00 am

milly44 wrote:a thread on mowing lawn............this could become intresting ;)

how long till this thread falls of track :lol:

id love to help, but some of us have work in a min, hopefully someone can help you though :D :ayatollah:

OI no bush jokes!!!!!!!!!!! I am serious i am thinking of just setting fire to the bloody thing lmao :lol:

Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:01 am

LlwyncelynBlue wrote:Not a gardener myself - but this link could be of use :ayatollah:

http://www.yell.com/ucs/UcsSearchAction ... sification

THIS is my NEXT option - no joke! :lol:

Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:23 am

i done my lawn, got a black bag of seed from my mate at the council, flatten all the whole area ready for seeding, done it all properly and is a wicked lawn , can't fault it, f**k paying loads of it, with abit of work you can do it yourself for next to nothing!!

Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:32 am

Ben wrote:i done my lawn, got a black bag of seed from my mate at the council, flatten all the whole area ready for seeding, done it all properly and is a wicked lawn , can't fault it, f**k paying loads of it, with abit of work you can do it yourself for next to nothing!!

Ben pmsl im gonna message ya me pics on facebook and u see how f@@ked it is!

Ask ya mate see if he got any idea MAYBE some high powered weed killer kill the lot off n start again lol

Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:40 pm

You can text our groundsman at the CCS he will .......oh on second thoughts dont bother :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:52 pm

pompey knows a lot about grass :D

Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:00 pm

Jez wrote:Know their Grass or know of any gardeners that can give me urgent advice!!! PLEASE

Last summer paid a lot of money for top turf shipped down from scotland.

Had 3 lots for 3 houses withing the family -2 of them were the cheap turf and grew fine little patches need reseeding a little but all good and nice and flat.

Mine - paid top whack and looked ok on initial delivery rolled them all out and noticed little white things growing rang the company they said mow and it would be fine HOWEVER during the winter growth my garden looks like a frigging mountain!!!!

I have these tufts of long thick grass growing and tspreading FAST the he roots look like rhubabrb!!! Impossible to mow.....

NEED HELP :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you've paid a lot then you've probable got grass that takes a lot of looking after, feeding rolling, pulling out the dead bits and all that malarky. What sometimes works is to get down onyour hands and knees then talk softly to the little blades of grass or sing them a soothing lullaby. The'yll soon warm to your dulcate tones and before your know it you'll have the smoothest lawn in all of Cardiff..

Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:50 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:pompey knows a lot about grass :D

Duberry is the man to ask

Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:20 pm

Lawnmower wrote:

:lol: :lol: just got that :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:23 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:

:lol: :lol: just got that :ayatollah:

At least someone did.

Maybe you had to be there.... :lol:

Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:28 pm

a classic boxing day in royal berkshire :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:37 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:a classic boxing day in royal berkshire :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Yeah.

Or when we got a last minute equaliser at NP against Stoke.

Or... crisp Sunday evening in January when the Premiership leaders came to NP. :ayatollah: or was it just Bowyer that got it for the 'incident', my memory of that night is seriously screwed :lol: