Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Play off final allocation of tickets

Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:57 pm

Platambos only hopefully!! - we put our money in to help the club in their time of financial need so........ 3 or 4 each???? :P sounds very fair to me!! :ayatollah: PLATAMBOS!! PLATAMBOS!! :ayatollah:

Re: Play off final allocation of tickets

Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:01 pm

Mr Positive starts lengthy debate..................... :lol:

Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:12 pm

Ambos got 2 Cup Final tix each a couple of years ago. Given the 10000 probably kept us in business this season surely they deserve that as minimum this time around. Should still be plenty left as I think we get around 30000 for the play-off final.

OH SHIT .................................... We ain't even there yet and now we've bloody jinxed it :lol: :roll: Trip to Norwich next year then :roll: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:17 pm

what i always dont get is why does somoone want 2 tickets? surley the other one goes to a none city fan or a plastic big game fan? its got to be the case because if the "fan" they are giving the ticket too was a massive fan then they'd have a season ticket or enough tickets on the data base top get one.

should be one each, unless your a siamease twin

Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:17 pm

piledriver64 wrote:Ambos got 2 Cup Final tix each a couple of years ago. Given the 10000 probably kept us in business this season surely they deserve that as minimum this time around. Should still be plenty left as I think we get around 30000 for the play-off final.

OH SHIT .................................... We ain't even there yet and now we've bloody jinxed it :lol: :roll: Trip to Norwich next year then :roll: :ayatollah:

I agree Plat Ambos will get 2 tickets each whilst the 6,000 season ticket holders who have not renewed will get one.

I would like to see the away members also get a ticket as they often get overlooked.

Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:19 pm

PLATAMBOS!! PLATAMBOS!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:19 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:Ambos got 2 Cup Final tix each a couple of years ago. Given the 10000 probably kept us in business this season surely they deserve that as minimum this time around. Should still be plenty left as I think we get around 30000 for the play-off final.

I agree Plat Ambos will get 2 tickets each whilst the 6,000 season ticket holders who have not renewed will get one.

I would like to see the away members also get a ticket as they often get overlooked.

Yep, away members should certainly be next in the queue ................ still not sure we should be talking about this yet though :lol: :roll: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:20 pm

I think you've covered it spot on there Tony.

Whilst I agree Platambo's should be rewarded in some way for their loyalty, it's often the most loyal who get overlooked because thy can't stump up so much at certain times of the years. It's just not as easy for the family of 5 to go to the football like it was ten years ago.

That's down to the clubs, and the ever increasing costs they aspire to, but that's for a different debate!

Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:22 pm

Ben wrote:what i always dont get is why does somoone want 2 tickets? surley the other one goes to a none city fan or a plastic big game fan? its got to be the case because if the "fan" they are giving the ticket too was a massive fan then they'd have a season ticket or enough tickets on the data base top get one.

If I want to take my wife, son or best friend along then that's an added benefit I get because I coughed up £329 prior to Christmas. You or anyone else could have done exactly the same.

The way I look at this is the spotlight is not the Plat Ambos friend but the Ambo who has earned the right to an extra ticket through his actions in backing the club when they needed it most.

Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:28 pm

I agree. It is sometimes unfair on some very genuine fans but unless there is this type of incentive then we would struggle even more to sell STs.

The argument against would carry more weight if the club hadn't given the interest free option, but they did and it was open to virtually everyone (one thing PR did get right :lol: ). Down to personal choice then.

Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:35 pm

this is the problem, geniune city fans who have been here longer than the polayoff final miss out because people want to take thier wife?? son, daughter etc who hardly ever watch the city :roll:

before this season id been a season ticket holder since 97, why did i ever have the need for 2 ?? you pay to watch the city you love!!!! if i ever had a spare ticket id make sure it went to a worthy city fan

just goes to show

play off final i watched in the pub, couldn't get a ticket as i was out of work that year, 40 thousand "city fans" went, where are the cunts now? thats right all went to wifes and plastic man utd fans

f**k the lot of them

Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:39 pm

Ben wrote:what i always dont get is why does somoone want 2 tickets? surley the other one goes to a none city fan or a plastic big game fan? its got to be the case because if the "fan" they are giving the ticket too was a massive fan then they'd have a season ticket or enough tickets on the data base top get one.

If I want to take my wife, son or best friend along then that's an added benefit I get because I coughed up £329 prior to Christmas. You or anyone else could have done exactly the same.

The way I look at this is the spotlight is not the Plat Ambos friend but the Ambo who has earned the right to an extra ticket through his actions in backing the club when they needed it most.

i disagree tony i have been a season ticket holder for 15 years and my son has been one
for 7 because i did not buy one at xmas nor did my son does not mean that we have not
been there when the club needed us most we did not buy one due to the fact the lies
that the board told an risdale at the muni and i will not buy one till he is gone
but i will get one anyway there will be plenty available

Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:41 pm

Ben wrote:this is the problem, geniune city fans who have been here longer than the polayoff final miss out because people want to take thier wife?? son, daughter etc who hardly ever watch the city :roll:

before this season id been a season ticket holder since 97, why did i ever have the need for 2 ?? you pay to watch the city you love!!!! if i ever had a spare ticket id make sure it went to a worthy city fan

just goes to show

play off final i watched in the pub, couldn't get a ticket as i was out of work that year, 40 thousand "city fans" went, where are the cunts now? thats right all went to wifes and plastic man utd fans

f**k the lot of them

If we get an allocation of 30,000 tickets then by default we will have 10,000 fans at Wembley who don't go on a regular basis. How do you select those 10,000 fans?

The only way is to give the spare capacity to the Plat Ambos who have backed this club both this season and next. If they wish to take their friends or family over anyone who claims to be a loyal fan but can't produce a season ticket or away membership then that's their good fortune and your misfortune simple as.

Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:42 pm

Oooooooooooo i luvs a positive debate me!! :lol:

Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:49 pm

i know of fathers who buy one season tiket for there 2 boys and share it due to the fact that times are
hard and they have not bought a season tiket for next season due to the fact of ridsdale lies
which this board ask the fans not to buy after the fiasco i am not in that position but there is arguements
both sides of this why take wifes or friends who have no interest what so ever in city or football
for that matter when we were in the fa cup final there was people wearing rugby tops for f**k sake

Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:50 pm

sleepers wrote:i disagree tony i have been a season ticket holder for 15 years and my son has been one
for 7 because i did not buy one at xmas nor did my son does not mean that we have not
been there when the club needed us most we did not buy one due to the fact the lies
that the board told an risdale at the muni and i will not buy one till he is gone

Firstly you will still get a Play-Off Final ticket due to being a season ticket holder this season, I would give you mine if that didn't happen.

TBH you are going off on a tangent with your reasons for not renewing and in a way I sympathies with your viewpoint.

However, if 10,000 fans hadn't coughed up when we did the club would be in administration by now and there would be no play-offs as CCFC couldn't possibly have survived without the £2.7m we put in and that has been confirmed.

Finding that money pre-Christmas was not easy and indeed I went into debt to finance it. Surely if did make Wembley nobody could complain that the club make a gesture towards the Plat Ambos

Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:00 pm

sleepers wrote:i disagree tony i have been a season ticket holder for 15 years and my son has been one

Firstly you will still get a Play-Off Final ticket due to being a season ticket holder this season, I would give you mine if that didn't happen.

TBH you are going off on a tangent with your reasons for not renewing and in a way I sympathies with your viewpoint.

However, if 10,000 fans hadn't coughed up when we did the club would be in administration by now and there would be no play-offs as CCFC couldn't possibly have survived without the £2.7m we put in and that has been confirmed.

Finding that money pre-Christmas was not easy and indeed I went into debt to finance it. Surely if did make Wembley nobody could complain that the club make a gesture towards the Plat Ambos

no i would not complain if the club made that gesture tony and i would applaud it like my last thread said when i was at the final there was rugby fans wearing there tops and wifes who had no interest in footie bar for a weekend in london
and a lot of geniu fans missed out but as regards to the 10 000 fans i take my hat off to them and you mate

Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:34 pm

sleepers wrote:no i would not complain if the club made that gesture tony and i would applaud it like my last thread said when i was at the final there was rugby fans wearing there tops and wifes who had no interest in footie bar for a weekend in london and a lot of geniu fans missed out but as regards to the 10 000 fans i take my hat off to them and you mate

Believe me I have no wish to see rugby fans or even wives attending ahead of real geniue fans, but as long as season ticket holders and away day members all get one ticket each then I can't see any way you could come up with a system to ensure that real CCFC fans got hold of tickets.

For me the next best is to give an additional ticket to Plat Ambos as a thank-you and hope they pass them on wisely.

Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:39 pm

I agree ben, I will just have the one thanks.

Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:51 pm

Billy Hunt. wrote:

OK so you go into the database at what threshold would you to a ticket? One game Two games or Ten?

Wouldn't it seem grossly unfair that a 'geniue fan' who has attended only ONE game gets the same benefit as a Plat Ambo who has paid for 46 games over 2 seasons?

So when the club then comes calling in December for even more cash should I think 'yes I will go into debt again for my club or bollocks they think I'm only as good as a one game a season merchant so why should I bother?'

Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:57 pm

I know a lot of people who can't afford season tickets but follow Cardiff greatly. I wouldn't object to having 1 ticket plus 1. Saying that, I can see why people would get annoyed with it but there's no right answer when it comes to ticket allocation. The club has always done reasonably well in the past.

Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:05 pm

Billy Hunt. wrote:

OK so you go into the database at what threshold would you to a ticket? One game Two games or Ten?

Wouldn't it seem grossly unfair that a 'geniue fan' who has attended only ONE game gets the same benefit as a Plat Ambo who has paid for 46 games over 2 seasons?

So when the club then comes calling in December for even more cash should I think 'yes I will go into debt again for my club or bollocks they think I'm only as good as a one game a season merchant so why should I bother?'

I think you missed what we meant

Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:45 pm

Platambos at least two ,then away members so thats 3 for me :o :lol: no seriously then whoever..

Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:49 pm

I agree with you Ben im an ambo but only ever buy the one ticket i dont think its right to get someone a ticket if they dont go to the games

Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:17 pm

How would my situation work do you think?

I have been going down the City as a home fan for the last 2 years regularly and on and off since 1992! - attending a vast majority of home games (some i couldnt make because of work and other commitments) - and in December i opted to buy (and help out the club) a Golden Season Ticket (so they call them!) Yes, im paying it on a monthly basis - but the club have had their money from me directly from Zebra Finance..... I wasnt a season ticket holder last season or this season, just payed for games as and when i could go - probably cost me more than a season ticket - but hey, thats life!

Anyway, regarding allocations for Wembley if we get there? Do you think i would be entitled to a ticket or two because i too, helped the club out at a time of crisis? I class myself as big a fan as anyone on here, even though i might not attend as many games as i'd like too, but im sure as hell city til i die?

what you guys think of my situation and what will happen to others in my situation also?

cheers. :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:03 pm

Merlin wrote:How would my situation work do you think?

I have been going down the City as a home fan for the last 2 years regularly and on and off since 1992! - attending a vast majority of home games (some i couldnt make because of work and other commitments) - and in December i opted to buy (and help out the club) a Golden Season Ticket (so they call them!) Yes, im paying it on a monthly basis - but the club have had their money from me directly from Zebra Finance..... I wasnt a season ticket holder last season or this season, just payed for games as and when i could go - probably cost me more than a season ticket - but hey, thats life!

Anyway, regarding allocations for Wembley if we get there? Do you think i would be entitled to a ticket or two because i too, helped the club out at a time of crisis? I class myself as big a fan as anyone on here, even though i might not attend as many games as i'd like too, but im sure as hell city til i die?

what you guys think of my situation and what will happen to others in my situation also?

cheers. :ayatollah:

You will get at least one ticket. I'm sure if we made the final the club would launch a promotion by where anyone buying a season ticket for next year would also get a PO Final ticket (that's what happened with the FA Cup)

Obviously it would be retrospective for anyone who purchased back in November/December

Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:15 pm

Billy Hunt. wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:OK so you go into the database at what threshold would you to a ticket? One game Two games or Ten?

I think you missed what we meant

Sorry if I did missed your point but you could have pointed it out if that's the case

As for my point I think it would be fair to say that anyone who has purchased 10 home tickets should qualify for a PO Final ticket. This could be varified by the database.

Anyone could claim to be CCFC's biggest fan but can't attend games because of circumstances.

Therefore proof of attendance is needed before tickets are issued, if the original point of a fair allocation is to be achieved.

Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:14 pm

Save all this who shall/who shant get tickets ------Give em all to the Platambos!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:49 pm

Plantnum x1

ambassdors x1

season ticket hodlers x1

away members x1 - starting from most games down to few (min of 4 say)

people on the data base x1 - most games attended down to few (min of 8 games say)(because there are city fans who couldn't afford a season ticket etc for whatever reason but who go to all games by buying a ticket each time

then whatever is left give the oppertunity for platnum ambo's season ticket holders to get more if they need to

that insures all city fans who deserve one will get one

Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:50 pm

bluecyw wrote:I agree with you Ben im an ambo but only ever buy the one ticket i dont think its right to get someone a ticket if they dont go to the games

Disagree i want me plus 1 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: