Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff support and if we go up?

Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:45 pm

I posted this on the other board just wondered what this board felt about it?
Just thinking about our support in places like Port Talbot, Neath and Mid and West Wales. I remember well we took a bit of a jolt in support in Neath, Port Talbot and Llanelli in the late 70´s and early 80´s with the Toshack era at the Swans. I remember all the old Port Talbot boys Jaws (RIP), Tonto (Sandfields estate) etc and they were staunch Cardiff but with Swansea´s in the old 1st division it caught a whole load of youngsters from the area who now have kids and they are probably Swans like their dads. Even though for all the shite we played in the 80´s and 90´s our support in both places is still 1st class thumbup Could you imagine Penarth and Barry having big Swans followings? . If we were to go up would we take a whole generation of youngsters from out West and even some from Swansea itself who would become Bluebirds? Christ we could be as big as Barca!!!!! hehe

Re: Cardiff support and if we go up?

Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:40 pm

If we go up you watch our support grow. Look what happened when we got to the FA Cup final. Doubled our STs.

Where these fans will come from......our own doorstep.

Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:15 pm

Every game will prob be a Sell out, but with thousands of seats empty for Fulham/Bolton etc.

Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:21 pm

Our support would not be the same, there would be alot of "big gamers" or when it comes to the old trafford trips etc. it wont be the fans who go away often it will be the fans just wanting to see OT and not support City as much as prehaps we would. If you get me?

Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:06 pm

[Port Talbot boys Jaws (RIP

i remember jaws from years ago, didn't know he had died.. he was a real character, RIP :ayatollah: