Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Reading v Newcastle tonight

Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:09 pm

We should all be taking an interest in this game. So what score do we want.

A Reading lost or draw means they cannot catch us so therefore we only have 3 teams that can over take us and that is better than having 4 who can do that.

However a win for the Reading slightly increases their chances of overtaking us but significantly increases their chances of overtalking the Jacks.

So what does everyone want?

I'm going for a Reading win because I dont want to see a Welsh derby in the play offs.

Re: Reading v Newcastle tonight

Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:16 pm

I would prefer a Newcastle win. If Reading get into the play offs their tails will be up and they will be difficult for any other play off contender to beat. They are far more dangerous than Swansea.

Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:19 pm

Newcastle win for sure. They did us a favour by beating Blackpool on Saturday and they'll do us a favour by taking points off Reading tonight.

Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:26 pm

ihatealiens wrote:I would prefer a Newcastle win. If Reading get into the play offs their tails will be up and they will be difficult for any other play off contender to beat. They are far more dangerous than Swansea.

Got to agree with this - the last thing we need is a team popping in with all guns blazing at the last minute.

Blackpool catching the Jacks is a bit different as both are just moping along into the end of the season.

Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:22 pm

You convince me guys. Reading are a bigger danger than the Jacks.

I'm wanting a Geordie win,.

Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:23 pm

1-0 to the toon :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:30 pm

a draw :ayatollah: get them off our backs and 1 point closer the tramps :D

Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:46 pm

2 up geordies!!!!!! :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:55 pm