Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

New offer on the season tickets

Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:53 am

As this is the most negetive board in the history of the internet, I suppose you lot will find something to moan about

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/Home/

Re: New offer on the season tickets

Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:56 am

I won't. It's an excellent deal.

I also don't think that the baord is negative, either. If it was negative, it would piss me off and I wouldn't come on here

Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:59 am

Its a great deal but it proves that the club are desperate for our money to.

Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:00 am

stickywicket wrote:As this is the most negetive board in the history of the internet, I suppose you lot will find something to moan about

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/Home/

if you don't like it.............

Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:06 am

nobby wrote:Its a great deal but it proves that the club are desperate for our money to.

If they are, I'm quite happy to help in the small way I am helping. We're all in it together, after all

Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:08 am

Nottage Blue wrote:
nobby wrote:Its a great deal but it proves that the club are desperate for our money to.

If they are, I'm quite happy to help in the small way I am helping. We're all in it together, after all

I agree and i will also do my bit to help, its just a worrying time at the moment, unless we get investment it seems we are doomed.

Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:11 am

Listenming to and reading what other people have said, not only on here, but talking to mates, I thought the investment was imminent. It seems, from reading the Echo today, the investment may not happen until after the transfer window. I know that could only be one of the scenarios, but, if there is an embargo for getting players in, will that affect Jones' ability to wheel and deal in that time? I was undwer the impression that the new funding would be in place before the transfer window opened, or at least halfway through

Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:14 am

Nottage Blue wrote:Listenming to and reading what other people have said, not only on here, but talking to mates, I thought the investment was imminent. It seems, from reading the Echo today, the investment may not happen until after the transfer window. I know that could only be one of the scenarios, but, if there is an embargo for getting players in, will that affect Jones' ability to wheel and deal in that time? I was undwer the impression that the new funding would be in place before the transfer window opened, or at least halfway through

I was under the same impression, but it seems the Malaysians are stalling a bit and want a thorough look at all the clubs finances and debts before even considering investing, how long this will take i dont know but we could be in deeper shit by this time.

Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:19 am

I just hope that Ridsdale isn't keeping anything from them. I have a feeling, by his reaction to the Echo story about the recent High Court case, he wasn't totally up front about that. Maybe this could be the reason they are using their fine tooth combs on our accounts and stalling over any deal. If this is the case, it is either very naive or very stupid from Ridders in the first place and you'd think he'd know better

Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:22 am

i dont find this board negative at all..more informative and you can have a decent discussion not what one is ahving for hios f*cking tea :D

if people find it negative dont come on here

and yes the ST deal excites me a lot fairplay

10000 ST's @ £400= 4 million that should see us through

Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:41 am

Malaysian delay could be down to the 70 day period which the club has been given to repay the HMRC. Apparently that time will expire on 3 Feb just after the transfer window closes. The Malaysians would quite righly not buy a club which was in the trongs of a winding up order and would wait until that threat was lifted.

Admittedly it's a pretty sketchy presumption based on a reading between the lines of Ridsdale's newspaper statement this morning but it does fit a profile.

Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:00 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:I just hope that Ridsdale isn't keeping anything from them. I have a feeling, by his reaction to the Echo story about the recent High Court case, he wasn't totally up front about that. Maybe this could be the reason they are using their fine tooth combs on our accounts and stalling over any deal. If this is the case, it is either very naive or very stupid from Ridders in the first place and you'd think he'd know better

leeds' barnsley yes you would think he would know better
a leopard never changes its spots

Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:03 pm

No, it doesn't seem that way. I also heard that Liverpool budget for the quarter finals of the CL every season. could go tits up for them soon, too :lol:

Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:24 pm

This merely confirms my fears that I keep documenting! This does indeed exemplify how desperate we are for cash. I have fiercely defended Peter for most of his reign, only growing ever sceptical the last 12 months or so. I will give him the benefit of the doubt whilst at Ninian on the whole, but what the hell is he doing that he cannot run the club properly turning over roughly £16m a year? Peter does indeed stand on the precipice of making himself a saviour if this investment comes in, but as I keep repeating, it is still an if. Firstly the Malaysians had already invested, then it was to be imminently, now its not until February at the earliest. I'm struggling to contain my rage at how ineptly our club is being run. As I stated in my "Business Strategy" post, Ridsdale is a high risk, high reward businessman and believed due to how dire our finances are, the only feasible option was for him to bring in investment. Though wavering more than ever, I stand by that, but pull your finger out soon Peter or step aside while we still have time to manage our debt in a more conventional manner than you are or ever have been capable of.

Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:30 pm

saladthedragon wrote:This merely confirms my fears that I keep documenting! This does indeed exemplify how desperate we are for cash. I have fiercely defended Peter for most of his reign, only growing ever sceptical the last 12 months or so. I will give him the benefit of the doubt whilst at Ninian on the whole, but what the hell is he doing that he cannot run the club properly turning over roughly £16m a year? Peter does indeed stand on the precipice of making himself a saviour if this investment comes in, but as I keep repeating, it is still an if. Firstly the Malaysians had already invested, then it was to be imminently, now its not until February at the earliest. I'm struggling to contain my rage at how ineptly our club is being run. As I stated in my "Business Strategy" post, Ridsdale is a high risk, high reward businessman and believed due to how dire our finances are, the only feasible option was for him to bring in investment. Though wavering more than ever, I stand by that, but pull your finger out soon Peter or step aside while we still have time to manage our debt in a more conventional manner than you are or ever have been capable of.

Salad

i believe that it is his misleading the malaysians about the amount of debt and trying to keep the revenue debt away from them which has delayed everything.
He's had three years with lots of transfer monies coming in to try and stabilise the club's finances but quite frankly he's clueless