Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Dave Jones & The Play Offs

Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:59 pm

Now I dislike Jones with passion, his attitude to the history and supporters of our club stinks but, In my opinion, if he achieves the play off (and it's almost a certainty), then he must go down as the most successful manager of Cardiff City in modern times. I'll never like him but would give him 100% respect.

Re: Dave Jones & The Play Offs

Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:04 pm

Yes if we get promotion, I will have to eat my words.

Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:18 pm

BlueInHeath wrote:Now I dislike Jones with passion, his attitude to the history and supporters of our club stinks but, In my opinion, if he achieves the play off (and it's almost a certainty), then he must go down as the most successful manager of Cardiff City in modern times. I'll never like him but would give him 100% respect.

Hate him with a passion? -----very strange thing to say. I honestly feel he has performed miracles for our club and im 100% behind him. Some people will never be happy whoever the manager is :roll:

Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:20 pm

Blazing Saddles wrote:
BlueInHeath wrote:Now I dislike Jones with passion, his attitude to the history and supporters of our club stinks but, In my opinion, if he achieves the play off (and it's almost a certainty), then he must go down as the most successful manager of Cardiff City in modern times. I'll never like him but would give him 100% respect.

Hate him with a passion? -----very strange thing to say. I honestly feel he has performed miracles for our club and im 100% behind him. Some people will never be happy whoever the manager is :roll:

BS, I hate his contempt for the clubs history and the fans of the club.

Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:48 pm

Im the same never liked the guy and his attitude but when we get there he will get the respect that a manager deserves for doing what he has done in the climate he has worked in :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:50 pm

too late now but he should have played Ramsay in the FA Cup Final ! :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:55 pm

best manager we've had and best manager at this current time we can have!

yer if we had millions im sure he'd go out and buy Koumas, kevin nolan, routlegde and all other better quality players etc, but to work with what he's got he's done wounders, people who've cost us next to nothing and sold for millions to keep the club going each year, if we didn't have these million pound players selling each year then we would have been fucked long time ago, not his fault is it!!

yer i hate his attitude on times but it must be frustrating, but he's worked wounders under the conditions

so to that i say thanks dave jones

find me the perfect manager and ill say diffrent

Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:30 am

Ben wrote:best manager we've had and best manager at this current time we can have!

yer if we had millions im sure he'd go out and buy Koumas, kevin nolan, routlegde and all other better quality players etc, but to work with what he's got he's done wounders, people who've cost us next to nothing and sold for millions to keep the club going each year, if we didn't have these million pound players selling each year then we would have been fucked long time ago, not his fault is it!!

yer i hate his attitude on times but it must be frustrating, but he's worked wounders under the conditions

good post ben :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: and you did not swear once :lol: ;)

Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:48 am

Ben wrote:best manager we've had and best manager at this current time we can have!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:02 am

I have always said he is a lucky manager rather than a good one. I still stick to that as the recent injury crisis/transfer embargo proves by finding him his best central defensive partnership in Gerrard/Blake, rather than by his own judgement.

Much the same could be said of Wildig and Mathews plus when fit Quinn could become another unexpected talent at CB.

Having said all of that I don't knock Jones for being lucky at all, after all Napoleon once said he would prefer a lucky General to a good one.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:14 am

Forever Blue wrote:Yes if we get promotion, I will have to eat my words.

Surely reaching the play-offs alone, given the off field antics this season, is enough to at least give him a shot at next season with, hopefully, a stable club behind him :lol: He can, justifiably, claim that we have imporved for the last 3 seasons and to sack him now would seem harsh to say the least (as long as we get these last 3 points that is !).

Play-offs are a lottery. Not many would have bet on Hull or Burnley going through but they did, hence I'm sure that Forest are hoping the Jacks stay in the play-offs rather than Blackpool gatecrashing the party :lol:

Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:04 am

Martyn1963 wrote:too late now but he should have played Ramsay in the FA Cup Final ! :ayatollah:

He should have started Thompson instead of Hasselbaink as well! But nevermind, all easy in retrospect.

I'm a big fan of Jones and although I don't agree with everything I think we don't appreciate at times how good a manager we have considering the level we're playing at. If we stick with him he will take us up.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:07 am

I cant't believe you could say hes a "Lucky manager" hes the only manager not able to bring in a players in since the season started,had a season of bad injurys to key players mcphail,ledley,mcnorton,hudson,mccormack all big players had to deal with whats going on off the field and still up in 4th position. I could only come to the conclusion that who ever says hes a lucky manger surely doesn't undertand what a good job hes done!Im not a big fan of his manner with local press and somtimes with his attitiude with the fans,but the postion we are in the league i ask all you who doubt him what more could he have done? I would class a lucky manager who has millions to spend and somtimes even that doesn't garantee success.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:10 am

knighty1308 wrote:I cant't believe you could say hes a "Lucky manager" hes the only manager not able to bring in a players in since the season started,had a season of bad injurys to key players mcphail,ledley,mcnorton,hudson,mccormack all big players had to deal with whats going on off the field and still up in 4th position. I could only come to the conclusion that who ever says hes a lucky manger surely doesn't undertand what a good job hes done!Im not a big fan of his manner with local press and somtimes with his attitiude with the fans,but the postion we are in the league i ask all you who doubt him what more could he have done? I would class a lucky manager who has millions to spend and somtimes even that doesn't garantee success.

what more could he of done? we ll alot of city fans who say's he's crap reckon that the 5 years he's been here, we should have cemented our position in the top 6 of the premier league, fighting for a place in the champions league and expect him to sign players like messi

some people need to wake up

Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:53 am

Ben wrote:
knighty1308 wrote:I cant't believe you could say hes a "Lucky manager" hes the only manager not able to bring in a players in since the season started,had a season of bad injurys to key players mcphail,ledley,mcnorton,hudson,mccormack all big players had to deal with whats going on off the field and still up in 4th position. I could only come to the conclusion that who ever says hes a lucky manger surely doesn't undertand what a good job hes done!Im not a big fan of his manner with local press and somtimes with his attitiude with the fans,but the postion we are in the league i ask all you who doubt him what more could he have done? I would class a lucky manager who has millions to spend and somtimes even that doesn't garantee success.

what more could he of done? we ll alot of city fans who say's he's crap reckon that the 5 years he's been here, we should have cemented our position in the top 6 of the premier league, fighting for a place in the champions league and expect him to sign players like messi

some people need to wake up

spot on!!!

Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:15 pm

Daveeeeeeee jones my lord........Daveeeeeee Jones............oh lord, Daveeeeeeee Jones.........!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:01 pm

You have to think about things a little deeper. Without injuries Blake/Gerrard would-not have come together as the best central defensive partnership at the club, indeed we would probably still be playing Hudson and Blake would be out on loan.

McNaughton's injury brought through Mathews whilst Ledley, McPhail and Rae have almost rotated their injuries to perfect timing.

He is a lucky manager and if you have the ability to look beyond what is right in front of you, you would see that.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:16 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

You have to think about things a little deeper. Without injuries Blake/Gerrard would-not have come together as the best central defensive partnership at the club, indeed we would probably still be playing Hudson and Blake would be out on loan.

McNaughton's injury brought through Mathews whilst Ledley, McPhail and Rae have almost rotated their injuries to perfect timing.

He is a lucky manager and if you have the ability to look beyond what is right in front of you, you would see that.

Tony, I usually back you to the hilt (sounds so wrong!) but this time I'm afraid I'll have to disagree. I feel Blake and Gerrard haven't been the best defensive partnership this season. I felt Gerrard and Hudson just before Hudson's injury were. I also feel the midfield injuries cannot be deemed lucky purely because one of the three main players has always been fit. I'd say he's been unlucky not to have all three available all season.

Every successful manager needs a bit of luck because it's football, luck is needed to success. However, I don't think he's been a lucky manager to the extent some are saying. I can see where you're coming from but have to stand on the other side of the fence for this one! :D