Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

LEDLEY'S CONTRACT .......................

Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:27 am

Just read on the other MB a statement from DJ saying that Joe is right to hold on til the end of the season to way up his options before he dedides to sign a new 1 for us or not , trouble is then that if we DONT get promoted he wont sign therefore allowing him to leave on a free . Surely given our current financial state of affairs and Joe saying how much the loves CCFC then in my opinion he should sign a new contract which will bring much needed transfer revenue into the club :ayatollah:

Re: LEDLEY'S CONTRACT .......................

Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:32 am

mart he cant sign one until the tax is sorted we are under an embargo which means even current players cant sign until its lifted :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:44 am

Martyn1963 wrote:Just read on the other MB a statement from DJ saying that Joe is right to hold on til the end of the season to way up his options before he dedides to sign a new 1 for us or not , trouble is then that if we DONT get promoted he wont sign therefore allowing him to leave on a free . Surely given our current financial state of affairs and Joe saying how much the loves CCFC then in my opinion he should sign a new contract which will bring much needed transfer revenue into the club :ayatollah:

Why would he do that, he would lose out on a signing on fee and would have to settle for less wages ????

The reason players do this is to maximise their earnings potential !!!

Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:56 am

bluebirdbaz wrote:mart he cant sign one until the tax is sorted we are under an embargo which means even current players cant sign until its lifted :ayatollah:

Didn't Kennedy sign a few days ago? I know it was an extension but that is what Ledley's would be.

Ledley's won't sign a contract now anyway. Even though I wanted him to back last year, he'd be stupid to sign one now. We will still get a fee though, it will only be compensation though set at about £1.5 million is my guess. The club will fight for a bigger fee quoting how the club have raised him since he was 14 and how he became a club captain and international captain. However, the flip side of that is that the FA can say we have had our moneys worth out of him.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:23 am

if he goes to Celtic or Rangers we will get nothing and Im sure the lure of Champions League may convince to go north and play in a league which in my opinion is weaker than the current 1 he plays in , on City in the Prem will make Joe stay . I hope that Kennedy hasnt signed coz he's shite ............. !

Cheers Baz coz I didnt know about that ruling :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:46 am

Well if I was Ledley, I would be looking to move. Even though i'm a Cardiff fan, I wouldn't want to play for them at the moment with so many things up in the air.

He's been with us a few years now so I think he deserves a chance to step up to the Prem. Even if he signs a contract, would you trust Ridsdale when he says "Sign the contract Joe, anyone who comes in with offers of £3m+, i'll let you know and release you for talks with them." :lol:

Ridsdale didn't ask Joe's opinion about the Stoke move did he? Joe has to look after himself first. Good luck to him. :ayatollah:

This is coming from a massive Ledley fan and I pray he stays, but we gotta be realistic here.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:49 am

I don't blame Ledley for not signing right now. So long as he gives 100% out on the pitch he can do what he likes with his contract. It's his career and he needs to look after number 1 because as his hip injury proved, injury can strike at any point and might end his career so he needs to make the most he can while he can.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:52 am

I hope he stays with the club that has given him the platform to become a league and internationl star.

Why not give the club a chance of getting to the premiership with decent financial backing, it's not as if he is not earning alot of money at the moment with the current contract he is on.

Fingers crossed he stays with the club and stays fit for the next few seasons for our massive battle to stay in the premier league. I got a gut feeling we're gonna make it sooner rather than later though. :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:55 am

feck him he thinks he's bigger and better than cardiff, hope he does go and then drifts to no-where like the others who thought they were bigger and better

bye bye ledders, take that chip with you

Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:13 am

TrecynonBlue wrote: Even if he signs a contract, would you trust Ridsdale when he says "Sign the contract Joe, anyone who comes in with offers of £3m+, i'll let you know and release you for talks with them." :lol:

I would. If a release fee is in the contract, it's a legally binding clause.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:27 am

Hopefully all new negotiations will be done by our new chairman elect and not Ridsdale , if CCFC go up then its simple as Ledley will stay . If we dont then I hope we do convince Ledley to sign a new short term contract with a get out clause if a Prem club comes in between now and Sept , but we all know there is no money around football at the mo so maybe at least some type of compo can be arranged ? Unless he goes up to the SPL and we get nowt !! :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:33 am

bluebirdbaz wrote:mart he cant sign one until the tax is sorted we are under an embargo which means even current players cant sign until its lifted :ayatollah:

hasnt kennedy just signed a 1 year contract :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:38 am

krab wrote:

hasnt kennedy just signed a 1 year contract :ayatollah:

no he cant have now , apparantly Terry Phillips was wrong to print a story just because Ridsdale says so , allegedly the player himself hasnt heared anything on the matter ! :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:06 pm

nerd wrote:
TrecynonBlue wrote: Even if he signs a contract, would you trust Ridsdale when he says "Sign the contract Joe, anyone who comes in with offers of £3m+, i'll let you know and release you for talks with them." :lol:

Well this is Ridsdale we are talking about :lol: ...the same guy who shafted JFH despite his contract saying he was eligible for a renewal

Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:20 pm

TrecynonBlue wrote:
nerd wrote:

Well this is Ridsdale we are talking about :lol: ...the same guy who shafted JFH despite his contract saying he was eligible for a renewal

Nope, different scenario.

JFH had a contract clause that he'd get a new contract if he played a certain number of games. As that limit was approaching, he was asked to waive that clause.

He allegedly verbally agreed to do so.

The problem was Ridsdale didn't get that agreement notarised. Being charitable to Ridders, IF JFH had said he'd waive the clause you can blame JFH mostly for going back on his word in order to get a payout. Certainly Ridders has to take some of the blame for not getting it documented.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:30 pm

that said Ridsdale aint the only CCFC chairman not to honour a deal as I seem to remember Gareth Whalley being " dropped " from the 1st team coz he's played X amount of games and was due a bonus ! :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:40 pm

One of the problems that I heard was that Ledley wante a £3m clause and Riddler was insisting on £6m. So a short term contract may not be the answer anyway

Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:59 pm

true and no way is Ledley worth £6M in the current climate , Id happily take £3M with a sell on fee written into the deal or even a player in return depending where he goes ? :ayatollah: