Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

FINALLY OUR SUPPORTERS HAVE WOKEN UP WELL I MEAN THE

Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:37 am

GLORY HUNTERS, Sorry if I am straight to the point and might upset certain fans of ours, but in My opinion its True.

Since Monday the Tickets for the Sheffield Wednesday Home game a week Saturday, have been selling like it was the Jacks game all over. I suppose i should be pleased we wont have all those empty seats everywhere.

COME ON YOU MIGHTY BLUEBIRDS :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: FINALLY OUR SUPPORTERS HAVE WOKEN UP WELL I MEAN THE

Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:54 am

3 points at QPR and it will sell out I bet , or as near as dammit ?? :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:58 am

Annis it was so annoying that there where so many empty seats against Reading on saturday, especially after great wins at home against Lecicester and the Jacks. If we do make the playoffs( this time we must) you watch ever one moaning i can't get a ticket.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:04 am

Ebbw Blue wrote:Annis it was so annoying that there where so many empty seats against Reading on saturday, especially after great wins at home against Lecicester and the Jacks. If we do make the playoffs( this time we must) you watch ever one moaning i can't get a ticket.

I know it really gets to me.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:05 am

But the only way to fill those empty seats is with people and everyone has to start somewhere, no? The only way people will get hooked is by attending so hopefully a percentage of these plastics will finally see the light and become regular fans.

We might also be seeing some of the 'haven't been down since Toshack was sold' brigade returning.

It all bodes well for the club though.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:07 am

Ebbw Blue wrote:Annis it was so annoying that there where so many empty seats against Reading on saturday, especially after great wins at home against Lecicester and the Jacks. If we do make the playoffs( this time we must) you watch ever one moaning i can't get a ticket.

But the ones moaning will probably be the real fans. Unfortunately not all of us are able to get season tickets whether it be family commitments or financial reasons. This season i have probably made only 10 home games, does this mean i am a glory supporter?

Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:07 am

Since Sam came here our average attendances have more than doubled.

Sooner than look at the negatives, I'd prefer to see it as progress. We have
been in the doldrums for nigh on Forty years, we have no fan base that can
remember top flight football, so there is no 'sleeping hotbed of support'

We've started from scratch really, and remember Cardiff City have to put up
with a massively rugby biased TV and Media in Wales.

It is very frustrating, and the progress is slower than we'd all like, but we're
getting there. With or without promotion next season I can see our average
attendances at around 23-24,000. Premier league football would definitely mean
a lot of full houses. Full houses means somebody somewhere is going to have to
think about where we can put more seats.

Premiership football will mean a new generation of supporters turning their backs
on English clubs and following the City, its the Welsh way.

We'll get there.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:51 am

taffyapple wrote:Since Sam came here our average attendances have more than doubled.

Sooner than look at the negatives, I'd prefer to see it as progress. We have
been in the doldrums for nigh on Forty years, we have no fan base that can
remember top flight football, so there is no 'sleeping hotbed of support'

We've started from scratch really, and remember Cardiff City have to put up
with a massively rugby biased TV and Media in Wales.

It is very frustrating, and the progress is slower than we'd all like, but we're
getting there. With or without promotion next season I can see our average
attendances at around 23-24,000. Premier league football would definitely mean
a lot of full houses. Full houses means somebody somewhere is going to have to
think about where we can put more seats.

Premiership football will mean a new generation of supporters turning their backs
on English clubs and following the City, its the Welsh way.

We'll get there.

GREAT POST.One of the best I have read on here.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:11 am

i can inderstand some of your points !
but we need every new fan we can get, you never know they may get hooked and come every week ...
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:28 am

Like I said to Borley... we need to get into the schools... we need to make the city shirt available in all sports shops, Borley says that the sport shops want the tops for cost price and we won't make money... I don't care about making a profit on them... let's just get them on the kids of Cardiff!!!! Advertising!

Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:41 am

Bigbluebird wrote:Like I said to Borley... we need to get into the schools... we need to make the city shirt available in all sports shops, Borley says that the sport shops want the tops for cost price and we won't make money... I don't care about making a profit on them... let's just get them on the kids of Cardiff!!!! Advertising!

I completly agree with you here, even if we're only making a profit of 50p or £50 on a shirt, I would happily see the people of south wales sporting city tops rather than Manure and scouse crap. :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:47 am

I think Taffyapples has hit the nail on the head! :D

Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:16 am

This was always going to happen. 1971/72 was the season I first completed a full homes fixture list of watching the City. I think the crowds were around the 15,000 mark perhaps higher. I use to turn up about 20 minutes before KO and was guaranteed my standing patch behind the goal in the Grange End.

That season we played Leeds in the FA Cup, Billy Bremner, Jackie Charlton, Jonny Giles and co. Those days you paid on the gate so we decided to get there 2 hours before KO. I will never forget the view of the stadium from outside as we drove into Cardiff via the backroads from Wenvoe. Usually you could see those barriers you use to lean on but this day the stadium looked packed. We were lucky to get in.

51,000 was the attendance that day. We were fighting relegation after just missing out of promotion to the old first division the previous season. We all thought that season was a blip and the following season we would get promoted. Little did we know it would be just under 40 years before we got another chance to challenge for the top. Anyway that day I saw none of the game, I was only 12 and too small to see over the adults shoulders. I thought to myself if this is what its going to be like when we get to the 1st division then I am not going to see much football.

Its annoying to see I have stuck with the City yet that 51,000 have only come out for the big occasions. I suppose if we go up we will be seeing more of them. Ah well at least I have not got the fear of not seeing any of the football if that happens.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:27 am

I am totally with Annis on this one. I bet everyone knows plenty of people who jump on the City Bandwagon now we are doing well in a new stadium etc...

My question to you all is where were you when we were shit?! :evil:

I used to get so much shit in school cos my heroes were Nathan Blake, Carl Dale and Stantona etc....

Saying that I accept we need more fans as the club look to push on as the bigger following the better for the clubs future.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:30 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

I know it really gets to me.

Totally agree annis if they can come out of the woodwork for one game ,they can do it for every game mate
sorry to say it annoys me aswell.. :oops:

Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:54 pm

ccfclover wrote:But the ones moaning will probably be the real fans. Unfortunately not all of us are able to get season tickets whether it be family commitments or financial reasons. This season i have probably made only 10 home games, does this mean i am a glory supporter?

Clover has highlighted a good point. Not all non-season ticket holders are glory hunters and I bet there are 1,000 of ardent fans who simply cannot make games because of other commitments.

I would say work is the biggest commitment as working patterns have changed over the past 30 years with Saturday and Sunday’s considered as just another working day.

That commitment along with late shift rotas during the week makes it almost impossible for many fans to plan attendances at CCS.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:15 pm

bluebirds80 wrote:I am totally with Annis on this one. I bet everyone knows plenty of people who jump on the City Bandwagon now we are doing well in a new stadium etc...

My question to you all is where were you when we were shit?! :evil:

I used to get so much shit in school cos my heroes were Nathan Blake, Carl Dale and Stantona etc....

Saying that I accept we need more fans as the club look to push on as the bigger following the better for the clubs future.

I been watching City since about 1980. I've been in the ground when its been so
empty that I've had to speak to myself :lol:

There are obviously thousands of 'supporters' who jump on the bandwagon now things are looking
up. The trick is to turn these johnny-cum-lately fans into committed Cardiff City lovers like I'm
sure most of us on here are. Lets say we now have a hard core of 12-15,000 rain hail or snow fans,
can i turn round and call some of these johnny-cum-latelys? technically I could, cos I was watching
Cardiff in crowds of 3000 odd, and back then a home game was a round trip of over 400 miles for me.
The two Wembley games frustrated the shit out of me, they are without doubt the two biggest games
we've had since i been watching the club, yet there were people sat around me reading the programmes,
checking out the floodlights, tu-tutting at the language and the standing up, they had NO IDEA what
an FA Cup Semi-Final meant to us lot. But surely, the ultimate result would be if in 10 years time, these
'new age clueless City fans' have become committed, loyal, adoring Cardiff City supporters...

Therein lies the trick methinks.

I'm sure some of the lads on the board must know of a few fellers who werent arsed five years ago and
who have become hooked. Thats what we need more of

Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:50 pm

taffyapple wrote:

There are obviously thousands of 'supporters' who jump on the bandwagon now things are looking
up. The trick is to turn these johnny-cum-lately fans into committed Cardiff City lovers like I'm
sure most of us on here are. Lets say we now have a hard core of 12-15,000 rain hail or snow fans,
can i turn round and call some of these johnny-cum-latelys? technically I could, cos I was watching
Cardiff in crowds of 3000 odd, and back then a home game was a round trip of over 400 miles for me.
The two Wembley games frustrated the shit out of me, they are without doubt the two biggest games
we've had since i been watching the club, yet there were people sat around me reading the programmes,
checking out the floodlights, tu-tutting at the language and the standing up, they had NO IDEA what
an FA Cup Semi-Final meant to us lot. But surely, the ultimate result would be if in 10 years time, these
'new age clueless City fans' have become committed, loyal, adoring Cardiff City supporters...

I'm sure some of the lads on the board must know of a few fellers who werent arsed five years ago and

I thought your other post was one of the best I've read on here... this one only a 6/10.... must try harder!! :D :D

Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:42 pm

The teenagers starting to watch city from fresh, dont like the stadium and think its boring. There needs to be a change of attitude towards relaxing rules at the stadium or we need to win games 3 1 to keep the exitement up.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:37 pm

I just feel a lot of our fans still only turn up for 3 games a season, first game,boxing day and last game, if Our Club is to progress we need them at least a dozen times a season.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:20 pm

What you have to remember that the price of a season ticket is beyond many people and also £24.00 for a single game is a lot for some, especially this time of year when the games are coming thick and fast.

It's tough financially for many many people remember - not everyone can afford to come to every game.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:28 pm

How many sold? Doesn't look great amounts sold at the moment

Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:53 pm

i think the reason their buying is not to jump on the band wagon of last home game bu bricking it in case there is a buy on clause for the playoffs and final

no last home game and home play-off no wembley ticket. now thats glory hunting

Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:26 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
ccfclover wrote:But the ones moaning will probably be the real fans. Unfortunately not all of us are able to get season tickets whether it be family commitments or financial reasons. This season i have probably made only 10 home games, does this mean i am a glory supporter?

Clover has highlighted a good point. Not all non-season ticket holders are glory hunters and I bet there are 1,000 of ardent fans who simply cannot make games because of other commitments.

I would say work is the biggest commitment as working patterns have changed over the past 30 years with Saturday and Sunday’s considered as just another working day.

That commitment along with late shift rotas during the week makes it almost impossible for many fans to plan attendances at CCS.

I hate to bang on about this, but don't forget the people who live away from Cardiff. The Sheff Wed will be my 6th home game of the season (which is a 800 mile round trip), not including the pre-season game against Celtic, and with Derby that will be 9 away games. it don't sound a lot but that's 15 games for me for the season, but I've spent close to £4,000 on tickets, travel, hotels etc, will I have a hope in hell of getting a guranteed tickets for the playoffs let alone the final? no chance!! The people who turn up, as Annis said for the first game, jacks game and final game will get ina head of me, and as I've been saying for years how is that fair? I'm not saying I'm a better fan than anyone with work committments, familes, financial restrictions etc but I personally think I'm more entitled to a ticket than the glory hunters :(

sorry needed another wee rant.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:29 pm

actually make that 8 official away games, cause I was in the home end for the Chelsea match, and got thrown out of the ground for asking a London tw*t where his comment about "you Welsh are a bunch of sheep shagging motherfucking cunts" fitted into Chelsea's policy of say no to racism!? lol

Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:55 pm

Forever Blue wrote:GLORY HUNTERS, Sorry if I am straight to the point and might upset certain fans of ours, but in My opinion its True.

Since Monday the Tickets for the Sheffield Wednesday Home game a week Saturday, have been selling like it was the Jacks game all over. I suppose i should be pleased we wont have all those empty seats everywhere.

COME ON YOU MIGHTY BLUEBIRDS :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

there the tickets i have bought for all my yorkshire friends there going to ivade ccs to help sing there hearts out to survive this season but i think palace will be a cruel game for them !

Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:15 am

One of the most famous clubs in England are on they way down to the city, ;) be a full house!!!!!!
The place will be rocking! Lets hope the Owls can stay up!!!!!! :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:05 am

Bigbluebird wrote:
taffyapple wrote:

I thought your other post was one of the best I've read on here... this one only a 6/10.... must try harder!! :D :D

You just took the wind right out of my sails :angry1: :angry1: :angry1: :lol: