Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Merthyr

Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:01 am

Went last night.

Time running out. Out of bottom 4 on GD but last night another 2-1 defeat asfter being 1 up at HT.

Did not have good view of it but opponents 1st goal came from free kick after CB was red carded for proffesional foul however it seems that the player was offside to start with and therefore should not have been given. 2nd was keeper mistake keystone cops moment where he started stopped and started again.

Biggest 3 games of the clubs life coming up. 2 at home

If you can get up there Saturday and or Tuesday and give them your support. £2 off for season tickets holders of football league clubs and curry and chips are £1.50 can whack it.

If Merthyr go down that could be the end given their precarious financial situation.

Crowd of about 240 last night.

Re: Merthyr

Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:52 am

You got to feel for the Genuine fans who go every week and watches them, they have got a hard cor who go home and away with them in fairness. But I feel that poor financial managment over the last 10 or more years is now starting to bite them in the arse. Lets hope they pull through it tho.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:35 pm

Likely to drop 2 divisons anyway according to this link..................

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballnation/football-news/2010/04/14/faw-back-merthyr-plan-for-english-competition-next-season-91466-26237641/

Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:18 pm

I've given money to Merthyr on more than a few occasions through attending matches and contributing to buckets down here and up there so it annoys me it all seems to be in vain. As Dreamlike pointed out, it's more than likely to be a two division drop which is a shame but I'd rather see that than the club completely collapse.

Football is an unforgiving world for teams like Merthyr.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:26 pm

That is why they need to stay in this league so that if they do drop as seems likely they will be at the bottom of the pyramid (I think where Newport started again from).

If they effectively go 3 divisions that could mean the end as I am not sure what that means - but it is without linesman for a start.

I am going off in search of a football pyramid.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:28 pm

Good luck Grapes! Start at the FA website. They must have some information!

Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:37 pm

They would end up in eithier the Gloucestershire or Somerset or Devon county leagues which feed the Western division which feed their current league (there is a league below them currently so relegation but no liquadation would see them drop 1 division).

So if they stay up they would get relegated (you know what I mean) to the Western Division which is 2 below where they are now.

Following so far.

Relegation and then 2 more divisions is county leagues.

Apparantly they could go into the Hellianic (where Newport went when they played at Moreton in the Marsh after their demise from the Conference) league as opposed to the Western league but then that filters in to the Wessex and Hampshire counties. Not sure how they would fair with travelling but they would be playing without Linesmen (which after last ight might be a blessing :evil: ).

Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:46 pm

I hate playing without linesmen, ruins a defender's game experience!

Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:51 pm

The good news is no matter what happens they will still be in the English Pyramid next Season :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:13 pm

Forever Blue wrote:The good news is no matter what happens they will still be in the English Pyramid next Season :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Come on Annis dont leave us dangling like that. No liquadation?

I will try to get to both Saturday and Tuesday but will defo be up there next Tuesday (I think they have a game at home - better double check)

Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:37 pm

squashed grapes wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:The good news is no matter what happens they will still be in the English Pyramid next Season :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Come on Annis dont leave us dangling like that. No liquadation?

I will try to get to both Saturday and Tuesday but will defo be up there next Tuesday (I think they have a game at home - better double check)

said in the paper they would go down 2 divs to Western League if they stayed 'up' (which feeds into the regional divisions of the Zamaretto) but if they went down they would be in the 2nd div of the Western league.

Makes sense to me.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:50 pm

I've not got stressed with them this season.
Even if they stay up there going down if you get me because they have to start again two leagues lower.

I think it will work out better for the club. Wont have to pay the administator for one and we should go up first time of asking and that will boost the attendances.

MTFC is on the rise

Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:53 pm

Billy Hunt. wrote:I've not got stressed with them this season.
Even if they stay up there going down if you get me because they have to start again two leagues lower.

I think it will work out better for the club. Wont have to pay the administator for one and we should go up first time of asking and that will boost the attendances.

MTFC is on the rise

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: