Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ITS THE JANUARY SALES BUT WHAT A GAMBLE

Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:18 pm

Xmas has come early for CARDIFF CITY TODAY.

The Ticket office was under siege today with ticket Sales for Leicester and Plymouth home plus Peterborough away :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Also hundreds wanting Next Seasons ticket offer 5 year deal and if we get promoted you dont pay for the first season in the Premier, I have to admit that is the bargain of the century for the fans.

Peter Ridsdale this is it, one last gamble, this will pay all the wages of around £200,000 a week till the New Year.
THEN WE PREY THAT The Malaysians/Sullivan or some one finally buys us out or we are BUST.

THAT IS IT IN A NUT SHELL.

Re: ITS THE JANUARY SALES BUT WHAT A GAMBLE

Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:25 pm

Just phoned Club to renew season ticket ,How much of a gamble do you think this is by the Club ?......

Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:33 pm

GUFF wrote:Just phoned Club to renew season ticket ,How much of a gamble do you think this is by the Club ?......

Guff,This is a bargain for the Fans, the money is to keep the club going till Jan 2010, We will only buy new players if we get NEW INVESTORS and WILL ONLY SURVIVE THE SEASON IF THEY INVEST.

As long as you dont pay by cash or cheque your season ticket money is insured especially if you pay by Visa, I will buy mine now.

Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:34 pm

just been upto the club and renewed mine and three kids too

Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:38 pm

carlccfc wrote:just been upto the club and renewed mine and three kids too

I Have just bought my 4 Season Tickets :ayatollah: PAID BY VISA SO THEY ARE INSURED .

Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:39 pm

Cheers ............

Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:42 pm

I renewed last week but doing the interest free for 5 months option. Does anyone know if I still get the refund if we get promoted?

Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:44 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
carlccfc wrote:just been upto the club and renewed mine and three kids too

I Have just bought my 4 Season Tickets :ayatollah:

snap lol

lets hope then annis that DJ gets money to spend, he gets the right type of players and we keep hold of who we got too.

also just got my brother to renew his 2 season tickets too and got my sons mate to sign up :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:45 pm

kili wrote:I renewed last week but doing the interest free for 5 months option. Does anyone know if I still get the refund if we get promoted?

I've done the same. Maybe we'll get our refund in 5 monthly instalments :lol:

I'm not really sure what the gamble is. I get to see the team I love for the same price for the next 5 seasons. The only gamble is if I get locked out....

Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:50 pm

does it have to be paid in full by dec 31st?

Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:51 pm

milly44 wrote:does it have to be paid in full by dec 31st?

Don't think so, I haven't

Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:55 pm

only way id be able to take up the renewed season ticket offer this time of year (before 31st), would be paying monthly, but surely that defeats the object of whats the club are after, although i supose it all adds up...??

Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:03 pm

milly44 wrote:only way id be able to take up the renewed season ticket offer this time of year (before 31st), would be paying monthly, but surely that defeats the object of whats the club are after, although i supose it all adds up...??

I think Zebra Finance pay up front to the club in this sort of arrangement don't they ? The credit agreement you have would be with them and not the club, Zebra probably just take a cut from the money they pay the club. I don't know the details of this arrangement but can't see the benefit for the club otherwise.

Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:05 pm

milly44 wrote:only way id be able to take up the renewed season ticket offer this time of year (before 31st), would be paying monthly, but surely that defeats the object of whats the club are after, although i supose it all adds up...??

Yeah, I see what you mean, but I'm sure others are paying by cash, so maybe that's where it's coming from? I'm in the same boat as you, so my repayments start in January

Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:09 pm

This dont look good we are really skint all this money we will put in will go on wages not new players another pr spin forget it count me out sorry

Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:13 pm

Milly...

all you need to do is go down and apply for the tickets...book which seat/s you want and tell them you want to pay by installments starting at a date in January that suits you...if you do that you will get all the privledges of this deal....no body gets turned down no matter the alternative is to get a Tesco interest free credit card( if there is still time) and put it on that...you will be fully insured aswell then...

Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:21 pm

piledriver64 wrote:

I think Zebra Finance pay up front to the club in this sort of arrangement don't they ? The credit agreement you have would be with them and not the club, Zebra probably just take a cut from the money they pay the club. I don't know the details of this arrangement but can't see the benefit for the club otherwise.

Exactly!

Zebra finance provide CCFC with the money up front. Your monthly agreement is with them - and will show on your bank statement.

Even if the worse was to happen over the next month or 2 and you were to lose SOME money - is that really a massive loss?
Personally, i don't think theres a problem at all, im doing mine over 10 months for two reasons - 1, i prefer the lower payments even though there is interests, 2, if anything does go tits up over the next month or two - i just cancel my direct debit and bite the bullet? a couple of months payments won't kill me......

Although - it is a great offer from the club, a free season of premiership football is fantastic! lets just hope we can get 10,000 people signed up quick smart! 6500 to go apparently. :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:41 pm

f*cking great deal (Its a no brainer anything you buy over 50 notes is insured by the credit card)

Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:53 pm

I was going to pay by debit card. I assume I wouldn't be protected if it all went tits up on debit card?

Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:24 pm

Zabier wrote:I was going to pay by debit card. I assume I wouldn't be protected if it all went tits up on debit card?

I dont think it is protected on a direct debit card.

Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:24 pm

Bugger! Ah well, time for Plan B... whatever that is!

Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:25 pm

Zabier wrote:I was going to pay by debit card. I assume I wouldn't be protected if it all went tits up on debit card?

When you say tits up, what do you mean?

Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:26 pm

Say if, in a worst case scenario, Zebra or the club went under. Or something of a similar nature. I know that is highly unlikely but I'd rather be prepared for any scenario.