Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WHAT DID YOU WANT TO DO ?

Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:53 pm

When you left School or thought about doing when you were growing up.
I wanted to be either a Boxer or join the RAF.

My Mother put paid to being a Boxer and due to being involved in Night Clubs from the age of 12, I ended up working in them till I was 36.

Re: WHAT DID YOU WANT TO DO

Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:54 pm

i wanted to join the police, passed all my entrants exams but did not turn up for my 1st day :old:

Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:55 pm

Police Force :oops:

But dont think I would have made the height requirement :lol:

Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:55 pm

I wanted to go into motor sports but got my apprenticeship in a garage so i ended up going there, hoping to go back to uni when i finish to study motor sport engineering.

Re: WHAT DID YOU WANT TO DO ?

Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:56 pm

A motoring journalist. Still do but it's too late for that now

Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:57 pm

initially wanted to go in the RAF as an engineer but my poor hearing put a stop to that after passing my exams . the buggers said it effects your balance so that was the end of that :x

Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:57 pm

Forever Blue wrote:When you left School or thought about doing when you were growing up.
I wanted to be either a Boxer or join the RAF.

My Mother put paid to being a Boxer and due to being involved in Night Clubs from the age of 12, I ended up working in them till I was 36.

I wanted to be a boxer and did some up to the age of 19, nearly joined the Navy at 18.

Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:58 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:A motoring journalist. Still do but it's too late for that now

my ambition was fucked at birth as i wanted to be a rich mans b*stard but on the bright side i still turned out to be a b*stard anyway according to the ex wife

Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:02 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:i wanted to join the police, passed all my entrants exams but did not turn up for my 1st day :old:

Was the Tosh Lines character in The Bill actually based around yourself, Baz? :lol:

Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:31 pm

Football Journalist

Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:37 pm

When I was in Juniors, I had a friend who wanted be an Aeroplane when he grew up :lol:

He never made it :shock:

Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:48 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:i wanted to join the police, passed all my entrants exams but did not turn up for my 1st day :old:

Why baz?

Nottage Blue wrote:A motoring journalist. Still do but it's too late for that now

Dont give up, you work for the echo right? I'm sure they could pull a few strings to let you write a piece?

Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:49 pm

R.A.F dog handler

Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:52 am

Gynecologist was mine, but I ended up a dirty old man instead. :old: :old: :old:

SLEEPLESS IN CANTON

Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:54 am

Ever since I found out my Uncle was in the RAF (think I was about 5) I wanted to join.

Signed up when I was 17 and 18 years later still in.

Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:05 am

Wanted to be a Jockey got too big :lol: or a veterinary Surgeon but was not clever enough ended up being an accountant and DJ :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:08 am

Wanted to be a Royal Marine, passed all tests and medically discharged in the first 2 weeks :lol:

Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:10 am

I wanted to be an artist......

Turns out I was a pretty good piss/con artist!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:58 am

I wanted to be a journalist but then started to hate deadlines more and more. I wouldn't have minded being a swimmer but the money for that is awful. When I came to leave education though I wanted to be a writer and still do. Just spend all my time working and recovering now! :p

Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:00 am

i wanted to be a copper :oops:

Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:05 am

carlccfc wrote:Police Force :oops:

But dont think I would have made the height requirement :lol:

and me,went to see careers bloke and told him police force for me he looked at me and just said to short sonny(i was at the time)i applied about 8 years ago ,got the application form as thick as a book so i chucked them in the bin, :D

Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:10 am

i think everyone when they are kids wanted to be a copper at some point, but when you get older you realise what a waste of space they are, and what a bunch of cunts they can be :lol:

Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:08 pm

Ben wrote:i think everyone when they are kids wanted to be a copper at some point, but when you get older you realise what a waste of space they are, and what a bunch of cunts they can be :lol:

cheers ben,i was 37 second time of trying :D :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:48 pm

Wanted to be a crop farmer but I needed hay levels :-)

Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:13 pm

VBoy wrote:Wanted to be a crop farmer but I needed hay levels :-)

BOOM!
:ayatollah:

Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:41 pm

A Pathologist - would still love to be one now! (shame had to do science in all 3 areas!) :lol:

Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:54 pm

Wanted to be an accountant, ended up building car engines. :roll:

Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:56 pm

I was brought up in a circus.....and hated it ....so I ran away to join an engineering company and become a Toolmaker :?

Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:19 pm

An Archaeologist but the fuckwit "careers taecher" insisted that I need to take O level latin. No says Willy, I don't wish to study the engerlish language, read tripe in the guardian, swallow the lefy agenda, I want to be a propper Archaeologist and show the world we were came from. He advised that with my mathmatical and analysis skills I should pursue a career in Architecture. Eh? Architects are the most braindead people on the planet thanks but no thanks, shove your school up yer arse. I became a grass cutter in Brecon Sewage Treatment Works and all the little STW's in the area, had a company land rover and everything, things went slighty astray though. I had access to numerous chemicals so spent my spare time blowing things up and perfecting the art of really blowing things up. Hey ho, such is life got yanked out to be a trainee Engineer, still doing it sort of. :mrgreen:

Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:50 pm

I WAS ALL SET UP, PAPERS THE LOT, OFF TO GRIMSBY TO BE A TRAWLERMAN,,,,,,,, MY GIRLFREIND, NOW WIFE SAID, DONT GO, SO I STAYED , AND NOW I DO, LAMINATING,FABRICATION :shock: