Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Season Ticket Renewals

Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:27 pm

Dear Anthony

Thanks for contacting us about the new season ticket offer from the club.

The club wants to use the play off games as a means of generating more sales for next year’s season tickets. Apparently 5,000 existing season ticket holders have not renewed. The offer is that if you have bought or now buy a ST for next season you will be guaranteed a play off final and a home play off semi final ticket. To try to make this even more attractive the club says NO season tickets will be sold after May after May 1st if we are promoted. If you have not bought by then you will have to buy tickets for matches individually (or in small bundles e.g. you can only see Man U if you went to the Wigan game.)

The reasoning behind this approach is that the club has already made two offers to fans to buy season tickets. A new surge of STs, (we have so far only sold 11,500 for next season,) would reassure any potential investor in the club of our support base. The sale of these tickets before May would give the club a short term cash injection and the club is also giving notice again to those who have not already renewed.

The club says no finance ‘deals’ (in the form of staggered payments or interest free periods) will be made available. The reason for this is that people could fill in the form, get the play off final ticket, and then decide not to proceed with the transaction for the season ticket. The cut off date of May 1 is to enable the club to logistically be able to process season tickets and play off tickets. There is also a cost to the club in any payment plan and in the event of the payments not being made by the supporter, the club itself would be liable to the finance company.

We argued before Christmas that we needed payment plans for season tickets for those fans who could not stump up all of the money almost a full year before the season started. I believe they should have allowed that to happen at that time. However, I can see their reasons for now saying that this is the third offer on season tickets and that they need the money right away. It’s disappointing for those who cannot find the money right now but I guess this is the time of year we have traditionally been expected to buy seasons.

I hope this helps and thanks for contacting us.

Best wishes.

Tim Hartley

I Emailed the Trust about the problems fans like Chippy were having in finding the £300 needed to renew their season tickets before the 1 May. Fair play Tim Hartley he did follow it up and contacted the club and you can see the response above.

IMO it comes down to Ridsdale's total f**k up which means the club are so desperate for cash (probably to pay the tax bill) it can't offer staggered payments at this time. I understand that season tickets have been offered twice before but the club has been under a winding up order since the original offer was made so it's not surprising one thrid of season ticket holders failed to renew. The end result unfortunatley is good loyal fans like Chippy missing out due to the failings of the idiot who was running the club for his own benefit.

Unfortunatley there are just 5 days until 1 May deadline so time has beaten us for now, but once our destiny is decided on the 22 May (accompanied by a takeover by TG) it is something which MUST be returned to in an attempt to right what is a total injustice to large number of loyal fans.

Re: Season Ticket Renewals

Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:41 pm

Thats a fair enough reply I guess considering the circumstances , Tony are u going to the meeting tonite if so can u post a brief summary on here later on tonite ? Cheers mate :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:40 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Dear Anthony

There is also a cost to the club in any payment plan and in the event of the payments not being made by the supporter, the club itself would be liable to the finance company.

I'm finding that hard ot believe. If a fan buys a ST through the finance company then the issue lies between the fan and the finance house. I cannot see how the club has any liability.

Legally the ST belongs to the finance house and any failure to pay the instalments by the fan means the ST can be transferred back to the finance house. Basically the finance house becomes the fan but is left with a consumer issue with the old ST holder. Nothing to do with the club.

Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:37 pm

Tony,
They had the biggest sale of season tickets since Xmas today.

Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:23 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Tony,
They had the biggest sale of season tickets since Xmas today.

how many have they sold ?

Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:38 pm

tony thanks for sending that email, me and lil chippy are in the same boat, and unfortunatly it looks like we wont be season ticket holders next year :cry:

people will say tuff its our faults etc.....

but i WOULD buy a season ticket if we were playing in division 3, the reason i didnt send my confirmation letter back to zebra was because of the incompetant old tw*t making a mockery of Running our club !

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:49 pm

milly44 wrote:tony thanks for sending that email, me and lil chippy are in the same boat, and unfortunatly it looks like we wont be season ticket holders next year :cry:

people will say tuff its our faults etc.....

but i WOULD buy a season ticket if we were playing in division 3, the reason i didnt send my confirmation letter back to zebra was because of the incompetant old tw*t making a mockery of Running our club !

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

my son did the same milly, now he cant get one either :twisted:

Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:54 pm

my car is fucked, and is costing £200 to repair, and i need it for work, its my job or a ST :lol:

dont know why there is a laughing face :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: