Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

DO YOU THINK IT IS RIGHT TO ENCOURAGE OUR PLAYERS ?

Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:45 pm

Our players have today, Tuesday and Wednesday OFF, I agree they Deserve it :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

But DJ is taking the whole squad once again for about the 5th time this season to the Races on Wednesday, Ascot.
Surely its not good to keep encouraging them to Gamble ?

Re: DO YOU THINK IT IS RIGHT TO ENCOURAGE OUR PLAYERS ?

Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:47 pm

building team morale, keep the team togtherness :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:49 pm

Ben wrote:building team morale, keep the team togtherness :ayatollah:

The Gambling bit though is that right ?

Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:50 pm

mite not be a good idea for chops at the races i mean team bonding is good but there is plenty of other things for the m to do other than drinking/gambling...

Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:50 pm

Chopra doesn't need any encouraging :lol: :lol:

Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:51 pm

why dont he take them go-karting or paintballing or even teambuilding up the beacons where they have to build a raft or something, not to the races BET :lol: chops is not going

Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:01 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Our players have today, Tuesday and Wednesday OFF, I agree they Deserve it :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

But DJ is taking the whole squad once again for about the 5th time this season to the Races on Wednesday, Ascot.

mmm! might have to take an afternoon trip down there, being just down the road. Any tips? :lol:
I sense a few pictures coming ;)

Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:03 pm

Bluetaf wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Our players have today, Tuesday and Wednesday OFF, I agree they Deserve it :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

mmm! might have to take an afternoon trip down there, being just down the road. Any tips? :lol:

I sense a few pictures coming ;)

Take a photo off Chops as he hands over £10,000 :lol:

Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:05 pm

I wouldn't even take them out - If they havent gelled enough after 45 games! then somethings amiss isnt it ?

They should be havins sessions of sauna, gym, massages, training, etc etc - keep the mind and muscles fresh - surely they can chill out and have a laugh at a nice meal out somewhere - with a SODA WATER!!

Some of Jones methods are quite odd - BUT - If this is what he's been doing all season and getting the results, then who am i to complain!!! :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:05 pm

take the team, but ,taking chopra is taking the piss :lol:

Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:07 pm

Get's the competative instinct going Annis, the players will want to beat each other, makes them competitive and the banter will be flying around. They'll be given betting tokens not real money probably a league set up so whoever has the most tokens left wins. The wise players will sit back and let Chops buy their tokens for real cash,then bet him he won't score in the play offs :lol:

Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:15 pm

they are grown men,if they were 16 id say you have a point,but as adults they know if they wont to gamble,drink or whatever or not :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:20 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:why dont he take them go-karting or paintballing or even teambuilding up the beacons where they have to build a raft or something, not to the races BET :lol: chops is not going

Cant go go-karting, mccormacks on a ban :lol:

Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:10 pm

Billy Hunt. wrote:
The Premier 1 wrote:why dont he take them go-karting or paintballing or even teambuilding up the beacons where they have to build a raft or something, not to the races BET :lol: chops is not going

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:08 pm

Billy Hunt. wrote:

oh fish :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:33 pm

Personally I don't see a problem. It's a good relaxing day out, players will bet if they want to no matter what.

Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:39 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Personally I don't see a problem. It's a good relaxing day out, players will bet if they want to no matter what.

kind of agree, if they wernt at ascot together they would be dotted around various william hills gambling similer amounts.

i suppose that there all together could be seen as a good thing :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:12 am

I would hope DJ would set a limit and maybe even bet as a group (ie everyone puts into one pot) but who knows with these modern day footballers.

Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:43 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Ben wrote:building team morale, keep the team togtherness :ayatollah:

The Gambling bit though is that right ?

I think it is right that he gives them a few days rest and does try to build on team spirit, they are grown men they don't have to gamble they can go and chill out, or limit their budget so they only spend a few quid.

Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:46 am

A day at the races is hardly a major gambling addiction is it , its just a jolly boys day out and spend a few quid on the gee gees !

Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:47 am

depends if you are chopra or not :lol:

Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:51 am

Im guessing tho that he doesnt win an awful lot , so no good asking him for a tip then ? :lol:

Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:57 am

If they have a few days off why not send them to the schools and build up the the next generation fan base.
Give something back to the community that supports them and give something for kids to dream of.

Too much foresight needed though by a chairman that only thinks of himself and knows he doesnt have to worry about future fans.

The man is a prick, he has alienated the local business community as well by his order and not pay policy.

Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:20 am

Maybe if Chopra has his mates, and authority figures like DJ and TB there - he might calm down a bit - and they can keep an eye on him.

If nothing else, could make for a great next edition of Mark Kennedy's diary!!! :P

Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:25 am

Whos paying for this ?

Hopefully the cash strapped club isnt and the overpaid players are !

I hope my £410 season ticket monet is going to the taxman and not on a 3 course meal in the Paddock restaurant.

Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:27 pm

yorkie wrote:Whos paying for this ?

Hopefully the cash strapped club isnt and the overpaid players are !

I hope my £410 season ticket monet is going to the taxman and not on a 3 course meal in the Paddock restaurant.

:lol: - Your season ticket money was already spent as soon as they received it - Riddler had an outstanding meal bill in Cowbridge under the name "Steele" ...........

Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:33 pm

I think the players deserve the time off and the gambling is fair enough. The players need to take some responsibility. I'm fed up of people blaming others for their pitfalls. If we all took into account everyone's flaws we'd be unable to do anything these days! If it aids team bonding and squad morale, do it!