Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

HOPEFULLY NO MORE HICCUPS

Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:26 am

I cant see any reasons why this week, TG doesnt sign, invest £5 million, taking his investment to approx £6 million there fore getting the Court Case with the Tax man thrown out. I think its time The Riddler sold his shares for 4p each as well.
If all goes well then an EGM will be called next week.

The only hiccup left is Ridsdale and Flintcroft on their decisions to diver about selling their 10% of shares. Pressure needs to be put on them two.
Thats where in my opinion the Trust should of acted this last year, they should of turned on him and helped us drive him out. Keep the pressure up This Forum :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: HOPEFULLY NO MORE HICCUPS

Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:53 am

How about getting some banners made up for Derby like "Ridsdale sell up and get out". That will prove the demonstrations have not gone away.

Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:33 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I cant see any reasons why this week, TG doesnt sign, invest £5 million, taking his investment to approx £6 million there fore getting the Court Case with the Tax man thrown out. I think its time The Riddler sold his shares for 4p each as well.
If all goes well then an EGM will be called next week.

The only hiccup left is Ridsdale and Flintcroft on their decisions to diver about selling their 10% of shares. Pressure needs to be put on them two.
Thats where in my opinion the Trust should of acted this last year, they should of turned on him and helped us drive him out. Keep the pressure up This Forum :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Annis

Alan Flitcroft`s shareholding is too small to make any difference to the ongoing negotiations.(less than 1%)

As for the Trust pressuring PR to get out last year , you and I have agreed to differ on our views on this but still respect our right to disagree without falling out over it (well not much :D ). The problem would have been that , even if PR had left as a director at any time he would still be the legal holder of the shares .Again , I don`t think it really matters provided the new investors get above the magic 50% without him as they will still be able to trigger a sale by the other 49% at the price agreed by the 51% under the club rules.

I can`t see any danger of the club`s shareholders failing to approve any share deals at an EGM to ensure the survival/future prosperity of the club. And no 10% shareholder could legally block that even if he wished to (imagine standing up in front of an audience of shareholders saying I wish to try and stop a deal which is great for the club as a whole but doesn`t give me enough personal financial reward - there is thick skin and there is stupidity!)

If the Malaysians want it to , the deal will happen.And they will then run the club in the way they want to , but hopefully taking into account the views of fans far more than has been the case in the past.

Keith

Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:31 pm

As usual well respected your post Keith and I learn a bit more all the time :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

But the Trust were and still are to soft with the Riddler.

Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:31 pm

Forever Blue wrote:As usual well respected your post Keith and I learn a bit more all the time :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

But the Trust were and still are to soft with the Riddler.

I can see why people think that .Just because I think differently doesn`t mean I am right.

I can only comment on meetings I have had personally with PR (although there have only been a few) or been in attendance at when he has spoken.And I don`t think I just accept what I am told at such meetings without question as some on here suggest the Trust does.I am quite happy to risk upsetting anyone at the club on behalf of the Trust if I feel they are not acting in the club`s best interests.

What certain posters find hard to understand (and its not a dig at them , except where they just revert to insults instead of trying to listen to another person`s opinion) is that the Trust MUST operate within certain legal guidelines - there is no choice in the matter. That is frustrating for many who would prefer a more direct approach at times , I can see that , and stops them from joining or supporting it. I`ve got no problem with that as its their choice and there is no right or wrong in this , only different opinions.

Hopefully , as and when regular posters on here get elected to the Trust board , they will get a better insight into how it operates , come up with good ideas how to make it work better (it can and should improve), and report back here to hopefully give people a more balanced view.

And even better news is that next year they can vote me out as it will be my turn to have to stand for re-election
:D

Keith

By the way , how was Merthyr as I haven`t had chance to speak to you about it as I have been in Brussels and only got back early this morning?

Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:42 pm

Keith, you personally have been one of the biggest thorns in the Riddlers side and he use to comment and smirk whenever he would here your name and say he was was def not going to get an easy ride off you :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: