Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: What does the trust achieve ?

Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:37 am

Eddie May wrote:and has achieved ?

please can someone tell me.

i am not a trust fan and actually feel we have the worst trust out of newports,swanseas and merthyrs, our trust achieves nothing in my opinion.
it has sucked up to the current board, surely thats not what trusts are about ?

hopefully with the injection of new committee members things will change there I hope ? ? :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:39 am

I have rejoined the trust for the second year running, said I would never do it again, but that was due to a lot of the previous Trust members. I was hoping for Gwyn, Steve Davies and Carl to stand, but that has not happened and I totally understand why they havent.
I really hope Tony Williams,Mike Roderic and Tim get elected.
While I am a member at least I can say how I feel, yes the last Trust board failed in my opinion, but hopefully this one can learn by their mistakes :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:43 am

Tony and Mike have some great ideas and IMO are sort of speaking for all of us here ? :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:47 am

but what has it achieved ?

Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:56 am

Forever Blue wrote:I have rejoined the trust for the second year running, said I would never do it again, but that was due to a lot of the previous Trust members. I was hoping for Gwyn, Steve Davies and Carl to stand, but that has not happened and I totally understand why they havent.
While I am a member at least I can say how I feel, yes the last Trust board failed in my opinion, but hopefully this one can learn by their mistakes :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Who is Tim and why are you voting for him?

Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:46 am

Martyn1963 wrote:Tony and Mike have some great ideas and IMO are sort of speaking for all of us here ? :ayatollah:

with respect, if the people on here want to be heard, then they should join The Trust themselves if they haven't already done so. Having representitives of a select group of fans such as this message board, speaking on their behalf when they themselves are not members is not how the Trust Board should be operating.

Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:51 am

Dandyccfc wrote:
Martyn1963 wrote:Tony and Mike have some great ideas and IMO are sort of speaking for all of us here ? :ayatollah:

with respect, if the people on here want to be heard, then they should join The Trust themselves if they haven't already done so. Having representitives of a select group of fans such as this message board, speaking on their behalf when they themselves are not members is not how the Trust Board should be operating.

what I meant to say was that they are NOT reperesenting this MB at all but just have similar thoughts to the Trust members on this MB who didnt want to stand for election ................. I agree with u in the fact that anybody who wants a say should join the Trust :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:59 am

What do they do? They are suppose to be the voice of the fans but allowed the Riddler to wrap us all up regarding the season tickets. So im sorry the way the "allowed" the Riddler to do that to us is why they will never have my support.
In fairness to you Annis at least you stood up to the con man. And you had more to lose than anyone with you books in the Club Shop.
f**k THE TRUST :twisted:

Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:14 am

Ben wrote:but what has it achieved ?

Ben if your question relates to 'what have the current trust board directly achieved in gaining benefits for its membership' then the answer is probably very little.

Unfortunately or fortunately depending on your point of view the Trust is weighed down with legal responsibilities which it has to fulfil. There is only a small amount people involved with the trust at the present so I do have sympathy that they are pull this way and that.

I went to the Trust open meeting last night and there are a few initiatives and the most appealing is the Fred Keenor statue. Personally I think they have done wonders on this raising 20% of the funding already and they have numerous funding raising plans in place over the next few months. If successful the statue could be unveiled as early as 23rd April next year.

I would also give them credit for establishing the trust as a working entity from a standing start and it is well run and funded. The vast majority of the board are level headed who are clearly professionals in their own right, what they lack from my perspective is a little passion and a willingness to be confrontational when required.

Four of the members are standing down so some new blood will be injected soon. Whether I’m elected or not I plan to get involved in the membership sub-committee where the trust reaches out to you the members (even non-members to an extent) to get your feedback which will shape the direction of the trust in future.

I met Sludge for the first time last night and fair play to him he is vocal and pushes membership issues such away day membership and the cost of trust membership. I think with Mike, Tim and Dai Hunt on board we could begin to influence matters by reflecting the opinions of yourself and the others members of AAMB and the wider Cardiff City fanbase.

Obviously Ben this is an aspiration on my part which I’m determined to put in place but it will take time and won’t happen overnight.

Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:23 am

Ystrad Bluebird wrote:What do they do? They are suppose to be the voice of the fans but allowed the Riddler to wrap us all up regarding the season tickets. So im sorry the way the "allowed" the Riddler to do that to us is why they will never have my support.
In fairness to you Annis at least you stood up to the con man. And you had more to lose than anyone with you books in the Club Shop.
f**k THE TRUST :twisted:

Ystrad Bluebird the Trust did-not allow the Riddler to wrap us all up regarding season tickets. In fact they were never consulted the decision was taken by Ridsdale alone he then telephoned to the Trust and told them the deal.

I raised this very matter last night and the Trust Board agreed that once our destiny is known after 22 May they will be seeking an urgent meeting with the club over those season ticket holders who may have missed out on Premiership football.

They are obviously hoping that by then TG is on board and they will have a powerful agrument that the 3/4,000 fans who refused to put their money into the club whilst Ridsdale was still in charge were only doing the same thing as TG himself and therefore shouldn't be penalised.

Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:49 am

fair play eddie you are one boring stirrer

every otehr day on here you are at it , slagging off the trust

you are pathetic

annis , cant you drop these sort of silly posts off here ?

these bloke and several others are just stirrers and give your board a bad name

get you mods to have a word , its pathetic to see the same old childish nonsense

regards

Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:54 am

Forever Blue wrote:I have rejoined the trust for the second year running, said I would never do it again, but that was due to a lot of the previous Trust members. I was hoping for Gwyn, Steve Davies and Carl to stand, but that has not happened and I totally understand why they havent.

thats fair enough annis lots of work to be done and plenty of mistakes made by trust but this eddie may fella is like a record stuck on " slag off the trust , slag off the trust "

week in week out

it pisses people off who are trying to do something

really boring now and is not exactly bringing us closer as fans

its going to end up meaning less peopel from the other board who enjoy coming on here , will just say ..f**k it

thought it would die down but far play its still going on

regards

Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:54 am

no i just dont understand it all thats all really, i want to understand what it does , because if people are paying for somthing and nothing really is being done then there's no point really

just trying to get the bigger picture thats all and understand what it can do for us fans/club :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:56 am

its my opinion that the trust will only get stronger when the riddler has left the club.
i have criticised them for their non confrontational approach with ridsdale but the reality is that if they had said anything against him he would have without doubt removed their membership stations from within the stadium.
As people have found out many times with the riddler there is no middle ground your either with him or against him(annis's books a case in point).
lets see what happens over the next twelve months of a new committe where hopefully the pressure of not having the riddler looking over their shoulder takes them forward in a way all supporters would be happy with

Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:03 am

Ben wrote:no i just dont understand it all thats all really, i want to understand what it does , because if people are paying for somthing and nothing really is being done then there's no point really

just trying to get the bigger picture thats all and understand what it can do for us fans/club :ayatollah:

Ben I have absoluteley no problem with you asking as many questions as you like mate. You have a perfect right to gain as much information as possible about what the trust is doing for you as a member.

If I get involved I would be happy to answer any questions as honestly as I can.

BTW the way I'm not sure if you are a member but if not join up today mate, more numbers = more influence.

Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:05 am

steve davies wrote:its my opinion that the trust will only get stronger when the riddler has left the club.
i have criticised them for their non confrontational approach with ridsdale but the reality is that if they had said anything against him he would have without doubt removed their membership stations from within the stadium.
As people have found out many times with the riddler there is no middle ground your either with him or against him(annis's books a case in point).
lets see what happens over the next twelve months of a new committe where hopefully the pressure of not having the riddler looking over their shoulder takes them forward in a way all supporters would be happy with

Steve I think there is so much truth in what you say. They say all roads lead to Rome, in the case of Cardiff City all problems lead to Ridsdale.

Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:09 am

well asking fair and honest questions is one thing

but people just saying " the trust is useless " which happens time and time again on here , mostly from eddie may , means people just see through it

pathetic and childish rubbish from him , week in week out

its like listening to a spoilt kid

as for steve and tony blue williams, your comments , in my opinion , are spot on

Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:11 am

sludge your getting boring , why not educate us one what the trust will do from now on? what will our money do ? how will many more members infulence things? does the board just sit around writing emials? i aint got a clue , but id rather somone explain

Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:16 am

Eddie May wrote:and has achieved ?

please can someone tell me.

i am not a trust fan and actually feel we have the worst trust out of newports,swanseas and merthyrs, our trust achieves nothing in my opinion.
it has sucked up to the current board, surely thats not what trusts are about ?

eddie what do you know about the other clubs trusts ?

I know quite a bit and have met people from these trusts

be interested to have your specific views on this eddie

facts would help

Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:25 am

Ben wrote:sludge your getting boring , why not educate us one what the trust will do from now on? what will our money do ? how will many more members infulence things? does the board just sit around writing emials? i aint got a clue , but id rather somone explain

ben you are another person who has continally had a go ..one week its nice questions , the next week its all agressive staements about how crap the trust is..I sussed this out a long time ago ben

I have tried to educate you , but its very hard to be honest

if you are not a member, cant be bothered to join , continually slag us off and despite me telling you umpteen times ..continually ..about social events , community groups , anti social behviour initiatives between the club and the police and the trust ..and lots more we have planned ..that you still say all we do is write e mails ..you are right ..you aint got a clue !..then its a waste of my time

the thing is ben I know you just like to stir things up ..and you know I know !!

so ..here is the bluff

I am prepared to pick you up , drive you to a trust meeting where you can sit with us and see that we dont just sit around writing emails , introduce you to the people involved , from all backgrounds ..and then if you still think the trust is shit ..then you can keep going on and on on here about it and I will at least say well at least he came and gave us a chance

otherwise its all keyboard warrior , second hand rubbish

how about it ?

Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:42 am

forget it your attiude stinks, but i will go to the next one and try and get involded

Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:47 am

Ben wrote:sludge your getting boring , why not educate us one what the trust will do from now on? what will our money do ? how will many more members infulence things? does the board just sit around writing emials? i aint got a clue , but id rather somone explain

you are a beauty

a few weeks ago you were saying the trust only had 1000 members , so didnt represent enough of the fans

now we are looking to increase our membership ..you are saying how will more members make any difference ?

you are right ben..you aint got a clue

its like argueing with a bag of spuds

either come along to one of the meetings ..chauffer driven , by me ..or stop talking cabbage , its plain silly

vince alm from the supporters club has joiend up , and many other long standing cardiff city fans , who might not agree with everyone we do but know that the trust movement is a good thing for cardiff city fans

you just continually have a go

so lets call your bluff ...I will bring you to one of our meetings ..bring the list of questions that you have and lets get them answered for you ?

deal or no deal ?

or are we just going to have to keep pulling you up when you say silly things like all we do is write emails ?

are you up for it ?

Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:51 am

Ben wrote:forget it your attiude stinks, but i will go to the next one and try and get involded

no ben , you wont catch me on that one

I have seen plenty of things the trust have got wrong and supported the march

I think some of the attitude toward the trust stinks as well

the offer is open

Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:55 am

see sludge, its attiutdue likes yours that people stay away from the trust

"like all we do is write emails " ive never said that, i qouted it in one of my messages because and put it in there because thats all people ever seem to say when the trust is mentioned

Yes i dont have a clue, i dont slag it off all the time, but people like you have put me right off, now f**k off and leave me alone you boring lonley old man

as for the offer, i will go to the next one, but not with you, your a class a wanker

Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:00 am

Sludge wrote:

you are a beauty

a few weeks ago you were saying the trust only had 1000 members , so didnt represent enough of the fans

now we are looking to increase our membership ..you are saying how will more members make any difference ?

you are right ben..you aint got a clue

its like argueing with a bag of spuds

either come along to one of the meetings ..chauffer driven , by me ..or stop talking cabbage , its plain silly

vince alm from the supporters club has joiend up , and many other long standing cardiff city fans , who might not agree with everyone we do but know that the trust movement is a good thing for cardiff city fans

you just continually have a go

so lets call your bluff ...I will bring you to one of our meetings ..bring the list of questions that you have and lets get them answered for you ?

deal or no deal ?

or are we just going to have to keep pulling you up when you say silly things like all we do is write emails ?

are you up for it ?

THUD!!

(that was the sound of the gauntlet being thrown down) :lol:

Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:21 am

Ben wrote:see sludge, its attiutdue likes yours that people stay away from the trust

"like all we do is write emails " ive never said that, i qouted it in one of my messages because and put it in there because thats all people ever seem to say when the trust is mentioned

Yes i dont have a clue, i dont slag it off all the time, but people like you have put me right off, now f**k off and leave me alone you boring lonley old man

as for the offer, i will go to the next one, but not with you, your a class a wanker

no, I dont see

I have plenty of disagreements with people about the trust

its made plenty of mistakes

but you dont ever offer any constructive critisism , all you , and a few others do , is slag it off

so if you want to come to a meeting , and find out a bit about it , then come along

if not , then I dont really care what you think ben..wasting my time .. but will always pick you up on things like saying all we do is write e mails

thats the way it is

Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:38 am

steve davies wrote:its my opinion that the trust will only get stronger when the riddler has left the club.

Steve

I am sure the Trust will get stronger in its second year as a result of us learning from mistakes we have made since we set up.

Although we accept that we will never please all of the people all of the time (and we will never please some people at all) , there have been issues that , with the benefit of hindsight ,we would have dealt with differently.

And the new blood that will be in place after the upcoming elections to the Trust board can only help the Trust evolve and develop.

Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:49 am

:ayatollah:

Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:03 pm

there's no telling you, just a bunch of stuck up pen pushers who got nothing better else to do than boost thier own self ego

goodbye

Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:20 pm

Sludge, give up mate.

Remember the old adage - you can't educate pork!!