Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

PETER RIDSDALE and The INVESTMENT

Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:53 pm

Peter said to all of us and the media, We could not get investment because of Sam Hammam and unless Sam reduced the debt by half and signed, then there was no investment coming in. Well I can reveal Sam never signed. So peter did you sell us well short to the Malaysians or were you doing a Tony Blair Spin lol

Re: PETER RIDSDALE and The INVESTMENT

Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:01 pm

Interesting Annis.

PR playing funny buggers then?

Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:19 pm

Im am cardiff through and through, but this is starting to get on my nerves if i see sam in the street or pr i will lock them up until i got both and then bang there heads togther and make sam signed the debt off and pr to leave the club and let some1 sensible take over

Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:21 pm

who gives a shit, Ridders has got investment, Hamman up to his old tricks, hopefully Onwards and Upwards

Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:22 pm

CCFC_Forever wrote:Im am cardiff through and through, but this is starting to get on my nerves if i see sam in the street or pr i will lock them up until i got both and then bang there heads togther and make sam signed the debt off and pr to leave the club and let some1 sensible take over

yes it would be nice to have someone sensible take over, but I doubt it would be very easy to find someone with a lot of money they don't mind to waste! it's not as if you can make a lot of money from a football club normally

It's not a matter of signing the debt off though is it? Would you just let £25m odd just go? By the sounds of it it's already been lowered pretty substantially so I see where he is coming from with holding off signing a deal

Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:25 pm

what i mean is that, no i understand he wont let 25 million just go of course he wont, but just like him to sign the papers where then we can start payin it off. its awesome for the club for that man who has just joined hopefully we can sign players in januray and then push for the play offs at least, in my eye we arent strong enough at the mo? but we will see this happen i very much doubt, but sayin that if it does or not i will still be there every week supporting the team

Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:27 pm

CCFC_Forever wrote:what i mean is that, no i understand he wont let 25 million just go of course he wont, but just like him to sign the papers where then we can start payin it off. its awesome for the club for that man who has just joined hopefully we can sign players in januray and then push for the play offs at least, in my eye we arent strong enough at the mo? but we will see this happen i very much doubt, but sayin that if it does or not i will still be there every week supporting the team

yeah it'll be interesting to see what happens with this new board member. Would also be nice to find out what figures we are talking about, and what stake in the club. It's not going to be a huge stake, so I'm guessing we're not talking big figures either

Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:52 pm

hailesy wrote:Interesting Annis.

PR playing funny buggers then?

PR playing games lol

Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:35 am

Forever Blue wrote:Peter said to all of us and the media, We could not get investment because of Sam Hammam and unless Sam reduced the debt by half and signed, then there was no investment coming in. Well I can reveal Sam never signed. So peter did you sell us well short to the Malaysians or were you doing a Tony Blair Spin lol

Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:47 am

what i mean is that, no i understand he wont let 25 million just go of course he wont, but just like him to sign the papers where then we can start payin it off. its awesome for the club for that man who has just joined hopefully we can sign players in januray and then push for the play offs at least, in my eye we arent strong enough at the mo? but we will see this happen i very much doubt, but sayin that if it does or not i will still be there every week supporting the team
CCFC_Forever

Do you honestly believe Sam is holding the club up from paying him back? The payments could have started in instalments any time, the plan is, it needs to be paid in full by 2016, if the club had many any payments before then it would reduce the final amount and also cut down on any interest that is building up.
We can't even pay our tax bill let alone make any payments to clear our debts to Sam/Langstones.What do you think these papers that Sam is being asked to sign actually are"Dear Sam, please sign these papers that allow us to start paying you back now" Don't think so.

Lot's of us are concerned that Sam is being used as a scapegoat for all the clubs problems, yet we ain't paid him a bean yet we still haemorrhage money, can't pay our bills even though we have had record crowds, a cup final and 28 million pounds worth of player sales.

Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:19 am

The deal with the Malaysians before all this came out was that if we could remove the threat of court action then the Malaysians would invest in us. Well as we all know Sam has not signed so the threat still exists BUT the Malaysians have "invested". So why have the Malaysians changed their mind?

Another confusing part of all this is that our potential new investor is a rich man. If he is keen to come onboard why does he not just pay off Sam as this guy would not miss the money whatsoever. I'm not talking about Dato here but TNT, who is obviously comfortable for Dato to be the front man. Dato has broadcast the fact they, TNT and associates, are looking forward to being part of the club and advertising us in their part of the world which to me shows all good intentions. However surely having Sam still around is not the way to go and poor for publicity. So why not just get rid?

Something tells me PR and his new buddies want to screw Sam big time and this is why Sam is playing funny buggers. I feel Sam knows he is onto a loser here but will be difficult right up to the last minute. When can he go back to court? Is it this February? If so expect this to go onto then....then we might see the end of Sam.

Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:42 pm

Langstont agreeded to pay costs incurred by the club at the last court hearing in 2008.Are their really daft enough to go back to court and end up with an even higher bill.
Baring in mind the judge said the club had a decent chance of winning any court case.