Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Paul "Good" Guy or Paul "Bad" Guy

Sat May 01, 2010 7:27 am

It seems he is staying at the club and will give up a third of the £9miilion he is owed for some of the new share issue. Still getting something in return but good to see he is helping move things along.

Isaac back on the board as well, when was he last involved that much?

Re: Paul "Good" Guy or Paul "Bad" Guy

Sat May 01, 2010 7:33 am

Wayne S wrote:It seems he is staying at the club and will give up a third of the £9miilion he is owed for some of the new share issue. Still getting something in return but good to see he is helping move things along.

Good Guy for me, but looking after his own inteests , and why not. Others have had millions out of the club without putting a penny in.

Isaacs was owed a fair bit of money by the club, looks like thats been turned into shares. about 6 years ago since Isaacs was a director.

The balance sheet will be a hell of a lot more healthy now, and the board stronger.

£1m of annual costs taken away with Ridsdale, Flitcroft and Harris going.

Sat May 01, 2010 7:36 am

Lawnmower wrote:
Wayne S wrote:It seems he is staying at the club and will give up a third of the £9miilion he is owed for some of the new share issue. Still getting something in return but good to see he is helping move things along.

Good Guy for me, but looking after his own inteests , and why not. Others have had millions out of the club without putting a penny in.

Isaacs was owed a fair bit of money by the club, looks like thats been turned into shares. about 6 years ago since Isaacs was a director.

The balance sheet will be a hell of a lot more healthy now, and the board stronger.

Have to agree, he could just have walked away and stood his ground on the debt, but he still stays on, not bad for someone who supposedly only likes rugby. Me thinks he sees an opportunity.

Sat May 01, 2010 7:38 am

£1m of annual costs taken away with Ridsdale, Flitcroft and Harris going.[/quote]

Have to agree, he could just have walked away and stood his ground on the debt, but he still stays on, not bad for someone who supposedly only likes rugby. Me thinks he sees an opportunity.[/quote]

Oh yes, hence the re-emergence of Michael Isaacs as well .

All good mate !

Sat May 01, 2010 7:41 am

Lawnmower wrote:

Paul has always been the good guy for me and has taken a fair bit of unfair flak from a lot of quarters
people give him stick about the retail park but they should remember paul took it on when capitol and regional pulled away because they could not get any retailers in to make it work.
paul guy was paying the wages of players and staff 6 months prior to sam leaving.
you will see the riddler getting praise from the echo today regarding delivering the stadium . the fact of the matter is that without paul providing the shortfall of cash the money would not have been there to build it.
Paul put a million pounds toward the 1.2 million tax paid in february
i could go on but if any of you get the chance to speak to steve borley he will put you straight about paul guy and wont hear a bad thing said about him

Sat May 01, 2010 7:50 am

steve davies wrote:i could go on but if any of you get the chance to speak to steve borley he will put you straight about paul guy and wont hear a bad thing said about him

You can see from the deal who the trustworthy individuals are. It seems the club is trebling the amount of shares available from 42million to over 120million and although PR will not benefit at all, Guy and Borley will receive 'free' shares to reduce their debts and thereby maintain the value of their investment. Says a lot about who the Malaysian trust?

Sat May 01, 2010 7:54 am

Wayne S wrote:
steve davies wrote:i could go on but if any of you get the chance to speak to steve borley he will put you straight about paul guy and wont hear a bad thing said about him

You can see from the deal who the trustworthy individuals are. It seems the club is trebling the amount of shares available from 42million to over 120million and although PR will not benefit at all, Guy and Borley will receive 'free' shares to reduce their debts and thereby maintain the value of their investment. Says a lot about who the Malaysian trust?

Where are you getting the rest of this detail from Wayne ?

Sat May 01, 2010 7:56 am

Lawnmower wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

Where are you getting the rest of this detail from Wayne ?

No inside info here, it's in the Echo written by David James and not a footy hack turned finance reporter.

Sat May 01, 2010 7:57 am

No inside info here, it's in the Echo written by David James and not a footy hack turned finance reporter.[/quote]

I'm off to the shop :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat May 01, 2010 7:59 am

Lawnmower wrote:No inside info here, it's in the Echo written by David James and not a footy hack turned finance reporter.

I'm off to the shop :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote]

Haven't bought a 'paper' echo for yonks, but thought it might be worth it today.

Sat May 01, 2010 9:31 am

Paul Guy is not a football man, but he knows how to make money, the man whatever he touches seems to turn to Gold. He left the Riddler in charge of our club and I believe he now feels its the WORST MISTAKE OF HIS LIFE.

Sat May 01, 2010 9:35 am

steve davies wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:

Paul has always been the good guy for me and has taken a fair bit of unfair flak from a lot of quarters
people give him stick about the retail park but they should remember paul took it on when capitol and regional pulled away because they could not get any retailers in to make it work.
paul guy was paying the wages of players and staff 6 months prior to sam leaving.
you will see the riddler getting praise from the echo today regarding delivering the stadium . the fact of the matter is that without paul providing the shortfall of cash the money would not have been there to build it.
Paul put a million pounds toward the 1.2 million tax paid in february
i could go on but if any of you get the chance to speak to steve borley he will put you straight about paul guy and wont hear a bad thing said about him

spot on steve :ayatollah:

Sat May 01, 2010 9:42 am

He's a shrewd businessman with his head switched on.

Yes look after himself but he does care for other things. The guy may be an egg but we can be thankful for him for helping the club out but also helping himself out. My dads cousin didn't earn his millions from being stupid with his money etc!

Sat May 01, 2010 9:48 am

Forever Blue wrote:Paul Guy is not a football man, but he knows how to make money, the man whatever he touches seems to turn to Gold. He left the Riddler in charge of our club and I believe he now feels its the WORST MISTAKE OF HIS LIFE.

???? Seems to have done all right out of it all, fair do's!

Sat May 01, 2010 9:58 am

Blue In Cwmbran wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Paul Guy is not a football man, but he knows how to make money, the man whatever he touches seems to turn to Gold. He left the Riddler in charge of our club and I believe he now feels its the WORST MISTAKE OF HIS LIFE.

???? Seems to have done all right out of it all, fair do's!

He is prob now worth £50 Million.